Author Topic: Hello, from Wisconsin  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Hello, from Wisconsin
« on: December 20, 2002, 12:42 PM »
Hello,
 reconsgt here. I see alot of familiar people from the other boards. About me again for those who don't know me
My name is Wayne I am from Green Bay WI
I have gotten back into collecting about 4 or 5 years ago but seroiusly over the last 2. I am a military vet hence the call sign. Anybody want to know more drop me a line.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:Hello, from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 01:44 PM »
Hi Wayne, welcome to the forums... Just wonderin, what kinda things do ya collect? Figures, 12s, etc, anything?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 02:39 PM »
Hello and welcome to JediDefender.com. We hope you stay and hang out with us for a long time to come! :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 02:47 PM »
Hey!  Welcome aboard reconsgt!

Always good to have another Pack fan around here to keep Scott/OCB in his place!  Kick your feet up, relax, and hang out for a while..

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 03:57 PM »
Thanks,
 I collect vintage mostly. I concentrate on carded but I do have a little of everything. I still have some of my 12" from my childhood. I also have a large modern collection. Honestly I like almost like any item. I haven't done any legos yet.

Jedimac. I am a BIG packer fan. How can you not be if you live in GB.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Raider fan in the house!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 07:11 PM »
Yep, I knew you were a Cheesehead from some of the football threads I've seen 'round the boards (usually the ones where OCB's trying to convince us all that the Vikes are the greatest sport team in history, or maybe just the NFC North, don't quite remember now  ;)   :P ).

You might've caught my post pronouncing my wife's loyalty and fandom towards the Pack - after Morgbug and OCB called her and I out on it!  Curious how a girl born and raised here in SoCal could develop such a fanaticism for a team so far away, but it's definitely there alright!  She prances around the house almost every Sunday in her Brett Favre jersey, yelling and screaming at all the NFL games on the tube.  Unfortunately, we only get a few Packer games out west each year, so she's especially crazy on those days.  I'm therefore a Pack fan by default, 'cause I want the wife to be happy, of course...

But my true loyalty lies with the Raiders and *cough* Rams, even though they both split town on us.  My wife and I will probably have to divorce if the Silver and Black ever meets the Cheeseheads in the big one!  But until then, we'll stay very much in love.  But if things keep proceeding as they are this season, our marriage may indeed be doomed...    :'(

Now where is Scott to welcome you aboard, anyways?!  Maybe he just refuses to welcome a Packers fan.  But he gave me a warm welcome despite being a (Championship) Angels and Lakers fan, both of whom he despises as well, so I'm sure he'll suck it up and say hi to you here... we'll see...  Scott...???  Where are you?  Now come on out and play nice with Mr. Cheesehead, won't you?!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 07:18 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 10:20 PM »
Welcome aboard reconsgt.  :)
Very nice to see you here on this site. We hope you will enjoy the forum.
Now, were have I seen your name before.    ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 09:46 AM »
Welcome reconsgt :)  I will not comment on your Football allegiance, some things are better left unsaid...kind of like how the refs screwed the Vikes two weeks ago at Lambeau...

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2002, 05:08 PM »
Now now. the refs made atleast a half a dozen bad calls on both sides of the ball. I won't go any further on the outcome of that one. I will say that it sure had an interesting finish.