Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

Unmolested Original Trilogy on DVD

(1/5) > >>

Angry Ewok:
I've really been thinking about getting the "unofficial" non-Special Edition Original Trilogy DVD's lately... but several things are preventing me from just saying "what the hay" and buying them. If any of you own these "unofficial" DVD's, as I'm sure some of you do, could you sorta review them for me? I know RS has a huge thread about the "unofficial" DVDs, but it's about 4 billion pages long and most of it is people like me asking the same questions over and over... So, I'll ask some FAQ's about these "unofficial" DVDs and hope someone can help me out...

1) I've heard lots of complaints that the DVD's sound is not in-sync with the picture. Do you have this problem? Is the sound quality good or bad?

2) Describe the picture quality on the films, is it fuzzy or is it really nice looking like an official DVD would be, somewhere in between?

3) Will the DVD work on all of your DVD players? Will it work on your PS2?

4) Okay, be honest, after seeing the DVD's, are you glad bought them? Do you think they were worth the asking price (whatever price you paid)?

5) Anybody wanna sell their DVDs to me?  :D

Scott:
#1 Yes the sound is off on ROTJ and a little bit on the end of ESB.  It is noticeable

#2 The picture quality is awesome, no complaints there

#3 Mine works fine on the PS2

#4 Yes and no...it is good because GL probably won't release the OT in its original form again on DVD, the trailers included are cool...the sound thing kind of bites that is the only thing.  But $20 shipped for 3 DVD's, you almost can't not buy them

#5 no ;)

Jim:
Hurry before they are gone again.  I know alot of people, including myself have been waiting for these to be released again.  These are the originals and not SE.  Currently taking preorders at:

http://movie-shop.cjb.net

This link changes weekly so dont hesitate if interested.  

dustrho:
Has anyone here ordered from this company before?  I'm a little bit skeptical about ordering from a company like this, one that I've never heard of before.  I'm definitely interested in getting these, so I'd like to hear if anyone has bought these type of DVD's before and if they've shopped with this company before.

Jim:
Chris, I order all the time from them.  Currently I am about 30 for 30.  I have ordered a ton of screeners as well as the SE of Star Wars over the past 2 years.  Free shipping and you receive product within about 10 days. Since this is a preorder, I have no idea on the lead time.  But it will be worth the wait.  Plus this could be the last time to get these in their original format.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version