Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178077 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Ok, who didn't think of using this POTC deluxe set for an Ewok Pantry ;)

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2006, 07:40 PM »
I'll admit, Fritz.  I bought one of those deluxe sets too but I have a different plan in mind.  It may be revealed in a photonovel :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2006, 02:57 AM »
Now that is funny stuff right there...  :)  What set is that Fritz?  Like can you expand the shot?  I don't recognize all the tree base and things. 

I've thought of buying that old wheel house playset to dirty up for a WW2 diorama and when I saw Series 2 Pirates figures there is some great fodder on the way...  That's fantastic stuff though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2006, 06:11 AM »
Fritz,

Where did you buy those great Marines?  Please do tell....

Jesse, what figure are going to be in the second wave of POTC figures?

Please let me know and direct me to any websites with pics!

Thanks, guys.....

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2006, 03:01 PM »
http://animenewsi.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Conventions%2F2006%2FSDCC%2FYamato&pic=DSC06589.JPG&dispsize=800&start=32

sorry not sure how to post pics, but it's on animaenews.net under the sdcc pics.  the scoopdogs look like the figs that can go inside are 3.75.  be intresting to have a stormie/clone battlesuit.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2006, 12:42 PM »
aren't they like $200 though? THat's some pretty expensive fodder, lol.
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2006, 03:59 AM »
sorry not sure how to post pics, but it's on animaenews.net under the sdcc pics. the scoopdogs look like the figs that can go inside are 3.75. be intresting to have a stormie/clone battlesuit.

It says they are 1:12 on the tags there so unfortunately they are going to be a bit too big.

BTW, to post pictures you just need to find the url for the picture you want to post, you can get it by right clicking on the picture and going to properties, and then copy that into your post and put the image tags around it, so for example here's what it would look like, just remove the spaces inside the brackets: [ img ]http://animenewsi.net/g/albums/Conventions/2006/SDCC/Yamato/DSC06589.JPG[ /img ]

By removing the spaces you'll get your picture:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:01 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Those do look damn spiffy though...  Nice stuff.

For the record, the Series 2 Zizzle POTC2 figures were found at retail by HunterofthePegs (from our forums here) so they're out there...  Some better fodder is in this wave so keep your eyes opened on your toy hunts.

Also I'm hearing Power Team Elite is showing up at Big Lots including their bunkbed/locker sets which are awesome.  If you're in the vicinity of one it's maybe a good time to look.  I'm gonna try to check a couple tomorrow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Does anyone know of any cheap figures out there with diving equipment and/or flame thrower accessories? Also any fodder out there that has long tubes on them? Mainly looking for something with decent length of tube (ribbed...yes I know it sounds bad) to mold/cast for custom pilot figures. I was hoping The Corp figures had something that matched, but not having much luck.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2006, 07:21 AM »
Try the Chap Mei figs from big lots. I picked up a few Combat Divers there. I also found a Larger scale Space figure there with lots of rubber ribbed tubeing, perfect for TIE pilot customs.

I'll post some pics soon.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Hmmm now to actually get to a Big Lots... hopefully this weekend.
Thanks for the info!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2006, 09:48 PM »
So I stopped by Big Lots tonight...

TONS of Power Team Elite figures...  They had figure 4-packs, 2-packs with gear/accessories, mid-sized vehicles (littlebird, dune buggy, etc.), and other items.  They, best of all, had an assload of the bunk sets which never had been out at retail.  They're awesome.

Straxus, there was also Navy SEAL Diver sets, the best figure set of PTE, for $4...  There's a breathing pack in that.

Tons of great stuff though...  I hope some of the bigger sets show though like the old headquarters playset, the Tank, the Blackhawk, and also this awesome bridge playset that really looks like it has potential.  Great items overall.  I love these bunk sets though, they're great dio set pieces if you want 'em.

Check it out guys if you've got a local Big Lots.  Mine turned out to be a goldmine tonight.  the figures are decent base fodder too...  I'll probably be selling some of mine if anyone's interested (for cheap of course).

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Thanks for the info!  ;D

Offline JediSpyke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2006, 11:19 AM »

This may not be exactly fodder, but have y'all seen the $5 sized Ben-10 figures? The four armed guy & little grey guy would fit right into any SW scene. There are other figures that may work also, depending on your taste.  There's also a dog type of creature that would make a good beast.

Spyke