Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178055 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Ah, sounds like these are more like a 3-3/4 scale of McFarlane toys or something.

If you get a chance to post any pics of what you've got, please do!

:P

Offline UKHistory

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
I will try although I am not very experienced with digital photography.

Gary Oldman's outfit reminds me of Sleazo guy selling deathsticks at the night club. 

I should also say of these figures that the torsos pop off from the waist.  The girl's legs rotate allowing for her feet to be pointed in different directions.  The legs don't bend or move.  Her skirt is plastic and is glude in place.  It is possible to remove it but like the Pirates of the Caribbean figures, the plastic material may rip.

And Chewie:  Can not wait for the next installment of the Enloe series.  I really enjoy all aspects of it. 

And the pictures of your child are great too.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #317 on: March 31, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Stopped by TRU over the weekend and they had a couple of figures from Narnia that are 3 3/4 size some singles & a couple 2 packs.  The articulation is on par and maybe a slight better then POTC figures.  There was a Wolfman that was particulary cool, and would make for maybe a cool Shistivan Warrior-kinda like the other Wookies are bigger then Chewie.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 4, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Got the latest issue of Tomarts this week.  No pictures, but a few little tidbits of info.  There will be a Heroes line of 3 3/4 figure (single card and boex sets).  Also, Playmates got the license back for Star Trek and plan on producing a 3 3/4 line as well.  This seems to be the scale for figures again.  Also, saw wave 2 of the Jakks 3 3/4 Wrestlers at a Wal-mart and TRU this past week.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 6, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Don't forget Hellboy 2  3 3/4 scale line coming this year
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: April 7, 2008, 02:01 AM »
Star Trek 3.75" figures?

Dear god no...   :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 7, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Jesse
       Yeah, but the licence playmate has only covers the new movie and going foward, Dimond still has everything else
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 7, 2008, 11:02 AM »
It's cool how many toy lines are starting to explore the 3-3/4 scale again... I've always wondered why more toy lines didn't produce figures in this scale.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Picked up some Indy figures today.  The nice thing is the Marion and Irina heads fit perfectly on the Juno/Deena head peg without alterations.  Easiest customs ever.  It's nice that the two lines are easily compatible.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 1, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Picked up some Indy figures today.  The nice thing is the Marion and Irina heads fit perfectly on the Juno/Deena head peg without alterations.  Easiest customs ever.  It's nice that the two lines are easily compatible.

Pics???
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 1, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Not too many other figures are compatible though - most of the male figures have very think neck posts on the Indy figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2008, 01:31 AM »
Golden Compass figures are being dumped at Big Lots for you who have Big Lots to check...  I dunno how far around the country those stores go, but they're kinda nice to have around here I've found, as far as customizing and cheap tools go anyway.

They didn't have a ton, but they did have a little of just about everything...  I got two of the main hero guy with goggles, 1 Sam Elliot, and 1 of the really big dude who I hadn't found yet.  They had the floating vehicle balloon thing for $15, figures were $4, and the big battling bears were $6...  They didn't have ALL the figures though, like only one Tartar warrior, none of the weird elf-like chick, and none of the main hero chick (Tom Cruise's ex-wife?).

The figures are pretty useful if you have good parts to go with them, and the gear's not bad at all for various items.

Not much in line for other fodder there right now, but there were a TON of Hot Wheels Speed Racer items dumped at the store I was at too.

Didn't take long for those to get shoved out of some store, eh?  Amazing what a movie flop can do.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2008, 03:41 PM »
i'm personally planning on getting the lil bruce wayne and batman that come with the batmobile. they appear to be the right size. that and bale would be a perfect Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus...anybody here see american psycho?

Offline Connyr-Cimter

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Interested in picking up more of the Prince Caspian Figures - I have 1 Tyrus and the Articulation on it is spot on, and I love the fact he can give out a geordie kiss (headbutt), the sword is well mad as well, proper plastic unlike Hasbro's Star Wars weapons which are very much made of rubber/plastic.

Also looking forward to get my hands on the Harry Potter figures (its nice having your Mom Living in England at times), I wish the Dr Who figures were done in this scale as well (oh well you cant have everything).

Will be picking up the Star Trek figures, will make some interesting Star Wars Figures (I hope they do an Andorian and a Tellerite, also a few Klingons).

The Speed Racer Figures are really only any use for the heads, Spectre has done a nice figure with the Trixie Character.

Golden Compass and POTC are good figures and I need to get some of these, never did get any, but I wasnt building up my custom fodder then.

Hellboy and Heroes are looking cool, especially the Trenchcoated Hellboy.

I think 2009 will see the increase in the 3 3/4 line, it means kids can get more figures.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59 PM »
I have yet to see it in person but it looks like the upcoming Comic Pack with Talon Karrde has some of the best SA sleeveless male arms out there. I may have to pick up a bunch of that comic pack, just for the arms. Nice SA arms, cast in fleshtone plastic so there is no need to worry about paint chipping? Count me in.  :)

"This is the way."