Collecting > Customizing Tips and Tricks

Fodder Alert!

<< < (2/67) > >>

CorranHorn:
some neat figs there, some could be quite useful for parts, others i'm not so sure about, but for a buck a piece they look fun to play with.

Jesse James:
Weird figures Scott, thanks for the photos.  I'll have to look around at the local Big Lots stores for those...  Some of them appear to have sheathed throwing knives.  If those are 3.75" tall figures then those little sheathed knives must be pretty tiny.

Some of them are beyond odd...  That company appears to hit all bases anyway. :)  I'm not sure many of the figure's parts are useful really, but some seemed to be and some of the gear seemed more useful.

The creativity of the sculptors is funny though, just to look at...

What's sad is that these do appear, though not based on anything like Star Wars is, to have superior qualities to Hasbro Star Wars figures on some levels, and they're equal to SW figures in other areas.  I'm sure  they have their flaws though too.  It's just sort of a shame that Hasbro's figures don't totally trounce these in quality overall.  I mean, there shouldn't be any comparison when you think about price and such.

Scott:
Yeah I thought so too, it is not like their arms are falling off or they were constanly falling over...funny there were no spring mechanisms or anything like that in them either.

I want to find a nice ballcap type head for a Garouf Lafoe

I also think the alien type guys would just be good background filler

Dressel Rebel:

--- Quote from: OCB on September 17, 2003, 11:37 AM ---Yeah I thought so too, it is not like their arms are falling off or they were constanly falling over...funny there were no spring mechanisms or anything like that in them either.

I want to find a nice ballcap type head for a Garouf Lafoe

I also think the alien type guys would just be good background filler

--- End quote ---

2 ideas:

1.  Cut the sideflaps off of the SAGA endor trooper helmet.

2.  Snap the hat off of the EI Naboo Guard and paint it green.

jokabofe:
i just got my set of clear bust ups from the san diego comic con (thanks matt  ;D ) and while putting them together, noticed something. they are very tiny. i knew they were going to be small, from all the reports and stuff that i read online, but these things are really small. almost as if they took 3 3/4" figures and turned them into busts. so it got me thinking - do you think they will be any use as custom fodder? they have no articulation, and only half a body, but the sculpts are really nice and the likeness on luke, han, and leia is really good, probably better than anything hasbro has done so far (with the exception of the votc han. maybe). it's hard to see the details since they are clear, but i'll try and snap some pics to compare the size later on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version