Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178038 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Pick New Fodder!
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Good idea on a Bothan... I did go with Vos though, mainly for customizing potential.

:P

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 01:18 AM »
I voted for Mirax Terrik. I love that character and we need more female parts. Especially heads.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I voted for Mirax Terrik. I love that character and we need more female parts. Especially heads.

Good call. I just started re-reading the X-Wing series a few weeks ago, I had forgotten just how much I liked it. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert - 11/15
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2005, 04:18 AM »
Yet another fodder alert...head over to the 21st Century thread in the other toy lines section.  :D You will not be disapointed.

(sorry for the lack of linkage, I'm just a trifle tired)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:19 AM by *Rotav Vator* »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Unfortunately can't link to the images and unless you're a collector there's no "public" images to be shared, but 21st strikes again and is packing 2 heads in with its figures more frequently.

Re-used heads unfortunately but they make great sculpts that take well to headgear.  Keep your peepers peeled!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 09:39 AM »
I chose Darth Revan from KOTOR.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Oh, we do? Well, that sucks. Those looked really cool. I never saw the movie, but isn't Dirk Pitt the main character in Clive Cussler novels? Is this movie an adaptation of it?

Indeed you are correct sir.

Thats the only one thats going to be made with Dirk, I hear, because Clive wasn't aproving of all the changes they made to his work.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Still can't find these Sahara figures... guess I just have to keep looking and one day they'll show up on the pegs at Walmart.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I was able to find them at my local Walmart, but they weren't located with rest of the action figures, they were on the aisle with the hotwheels and the other toy cars.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Same here... WalMart is keeping the 21st stuff in the Hot Wheel aisle.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Yeah, I've seen  tons of the 21st century figures there, just no Sahara ones.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I chose Darth Revan from KOTOR.

you know not too familiar with the KOTR era, but i started readin up on it a bit and have seen a few pics of Revan and he looks pretty cool

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2005, 07:46 PM »
But don't u play as revan, everybody has ther own perspective.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 07:47 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I'm a little confused on this one. I went to the website. How do cast your vote for the Fan Choice? I'm picking probably Quinlan or a Mace Windu.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2005, 07:57 AM »
Sahara's are not shipping heavily it seems.  one of each is all I'm hearing that people are finding ever...

BTW I popped a head with the arab wraps on it just for fun last night amidst some popping I was doing...  The wrap is a separate piece so this intrigued me to see what the head was underneath.

So I pop the head...  and the head underneath is comical.  It looks, not to sound crass, but like a white burn victim with a fade...  The head's smooth all around, and his ears have feint hints that ears were there but looks like something happened to them.  I just can't think of a good way to describe this honestly...  And on top of that there's this hair...  just on the top of his head.  It's comical.  Kinda like a fade/flattop haircut or Bert from Bert & Ernie.

Anyway, enough of that...  the arabic head wrap is GREAT.  It's a hat really once you get it off the figure.  It fits most every generic head I have in my fodder drawers, and man I was just thinking how cool I could make some Earth military customs but this'll also be a great Star Wars bit for civilians.  I mean why not have these kind of turban/robes on for civilians, ya know?  Padme sorta had one on when they were in disguise as refugees...

But yeah the wrap is cool for Star Wars but from an earth military it's great too...  There's big need for modern "enemy" figures, or civilians and whatnot for those 1:18 US military figures I have from Iraq/Afghanistan.  So far only 2 Eastern Warrior figures exist so these Turban wraps are cool bits.

The other thing is that they'd look great on British SAS from N. Africa too and US Special Forces (modern) customs.

I love how flexible they are though and after boiling they peeled right off the head easily and pop on/off various heads quite nicely.  Very cool, I must say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77