Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178080 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert - 11/15
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2005, 02:15 AM »
I don't think what I said was all that political as much as it was just pointing out that Johnny Depp is a colossal tool.

Still, I like most of his work...except for that gawd-awful Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

:P
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2005, 02:20 AM »
It's bordering on very political as, many people actually agree with his line of thought in this country and outside it, so I'm not trying to be a prick guys but it is politically charged to not like him for his political beliefs and comment on such...  Commenting on his acting, hey whatever.  The basic point is, calling him a tool because of how he feels about the US is like calling anyone who thinks like him a tool.  There's some people I'm sure do around here, so I'm asking just to lay off the political stuff, it's something we cut from the forums a long time ago because of the problems it inevitably caused...  It's a much more harmonious forum without it when everyone gets along without entering their political beliefs...  All is right with the world, yada yada yada...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse here, JJ, but let me clarify why my position has little to do with politics.

I'm sure anyone on these boards who feels the same way as Depp on American foreign policy would have the cajones to defend their opinion...not backtrack and try to claim they were misquoted or had their words taken out of context like he does the moment he's quoted verbatim in the American press.

I don't have an issue with someone feeling the way Depp does...I have a problem with weasels who pander to crowds on foreign soil, but lack the conviction to defend those words when their leanings get out and they start to fear losing American box office dollars.

It's not a political issue, it's a character issue.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: January 1, 2006, 05:17 PM »
DD,

I just feel it's political in its tone, as his comments with which you are judging his character (for whatever reason) are politically based...  He said something political, backed out on it or whatnot, yada yada yada, but I see where you're coming from too.  I'm just asking to basically drop it as it could raise someone's feelings (and not just about how much they like Johnny Depp personally  ;D ).

That's all though...  Politics online get messy, so I'm just asking for some caution is all, as calling him out for backtracking on statements he made (and political ones no doubt) is calling his character out but it's central to a political issue.  So once again I just stress that anything politics isn't cool here, even that, but it's not a huge deal and doesn't need to be I believe.  I'm simply saying please don't.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 1, 2006, 05:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my political beliefs - anyone who wants to discuss it, feel free to PM me.   ;)

Back on the fodder discussion, I finally got a couple of Sahara figures.  Great custom fodder, I'm excited.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 1, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I really want these. Badly want these. I'm almost finished with the book, and it's great, like most of Clive Cussler's novels. Was the movie any good?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Does anyone know of a 12 inch figure that either resembles, or was made specifically to look like brad pitt? I'm looking to make a custom figure for my girlfriend...she loves his character from Interview with the Vampire, Louis.

<also i posted this here to bring the thread sorta back on topic LOL>

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 1, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Remember the movie "SEVEN" - there was a figure of him made for that - but it's expensive as hell and very rare I believe.

And here's a link to a custom head of him you can buy on ebay - might be your best bet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6005838780&category=348

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 1, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I really want these. Badly want these. I'm almost finished with the book, and it's great, like most of Clive Cussler's novels. Was the movie any good?
I picked these up over the holidays too - I agree with the original post, I thought they would make good senators or background characters.  Their arm joints are a little funny and they may be a bit short. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 1, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Those Sahara figures also could make for good Tatooine peasants.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: January 1, 2006, 06:06 PM »
That or any good background character really.  I noticed that the Tatooine garb isn't restricted to Tatooine, so I think they're great fodder for almost any planet's "common man".

The turbans maybe won't always fit in, though with a smuggler's outfit the headwraps could look really cool just as some different fashionable headwear "just because".  Maybe that's the norm on his planet, ya know?

Lots of possibilities with these figures though...  Their arm articulation though is a disappointment.  They don't swivel at the bicep as most XD figures have, thus they're not nearly as poseable as one would like them to be.  They are able to be worked with though, that's for certain.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 1, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I agree, those robes will work well for tons of differnet planets.  Not just Tatooine.

I already started working on one of the turbans in modifying it a lot for a custom.  Hope to get it done soon.  It requires some sculpting though, and I detest doing that.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 1, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I picked up several of those Sahara figures as well, even though I haven't come up with any particular plan for them yet. I know they'll come in handy down the road.

If worse comes to worst, I'll just rip off whatever Chewie does.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #118 on: January 2, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I realize I'm coming very late to this topic, but it's always great hearing abt new fodder finds, and these Sahara figures look like just the thing: generic Human faces, plus a body that could come in handy for just about anything in the SW universe.  In my opinion, that already is a big advantage over the XD military figures fomr a customizing standpoint, for while those have superb Human heads, the bodies are so obviously Earth military that it doesn't look like it would be easy to make them into anything very SW-ish.  I'd sort of been avoiding those for that reason, despite their great heads.  But I certainly own't avoid these Sahara guys if I see them!  Guess I just have to remember to look in the Hot Wheels section next time I'm at a WalMart...

... the Findswoman

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #119 on: January 2, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Where they are varies by store findswoman...  Sometimes its hotwheels, sometimes it's right alongside Star Wars, sometimes an endcap...  I hear all kinds of different spots.  The vehicles are rarely with the figures too which makes little sense at all.

I've also heard some stores clearancing them before they'd even been put onto the floor just because a shelf tag wasn't alotted to them on the plan-o-gram.  Now that'd be a great find if I ever stumbled upon tons of the XD figs for cheap.  And with 2 more confirmed lines on the way, this series is pretty hot as a collectible right now.