Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178821 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2006, 10:29 PM »
It's way underscaled.  Dimensions posted for it online before it shipped were either wrong totally or were for the packaging as opposed to the model itself, but the model is I think either 1/32 scale or so from what I've heard of those who bought and built it.

I had a story on the front page when it first surfaced because I did measurements on the given dimensions online for the model and compared them with the actual dimensions of the vehicle (if it existed of course) and it matched to almost exactly 1/18 scale or, more or less, Star Wars 3.75" figure scale...  SW figures "scale" varies because nobody's keeping track at Hasbro.  ;D

But yeah, the Corp. Alliance tank is way undersized, believe me I was hoping beyond hope it was what I thought at first.  Unfortunately it's nowhere close.  It's actually closer to the SW Miniatures Battles game if I'm not mistaken, but maybe a bit large for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Has anybody picked this up yet?

I have been wanting to pick it up for a while, but I haven't seen it in stores yet.
The dimensions are:
9.75" x 9.5" x 3.75"

I think that it might be a bit smaller than 1:18th scale, but it would be decently close.  For $10 - $15, it would definitely be cheaper than  a hasbro version.
What do you guys think?

Scroll halfway down:

linky
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2006, 10:36 PM »
It's way underscaled.  ...

But yeah, the Corp. Alliance tank is way undersized, believe me I was hoping beyond hope it was what I thought at first.  Unfortunately it's nowhere close.  It's actually closer to the SW Miniatures Battles game if I'm not mistaken, but maybe a bit large for that.

:'(  :'(  :'(
So close, yet so far  :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2006, 11:44 PM »
It's way underscaled. 

But there's no reason it couldn't be a "dwarf" Tank Droid....

We have already seen Dwarf Spider Droids ;)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2006, 04:13 AM »
The difference there is they have an entirely new build/construction...  The Crab Droids supposedly come in a variety of sizes from Small, Medium, and Large and have no physical differences...  The Crab Droid is pretty simplistic in design though compared to like the Dwarf Spider Droid compared to its big (BIG) brother.  The simpler design lends itself to believability then that you can get Crab Droids in all 3 sizes then... 

The thing that would get me about the Corp. Alliance tank Droid model being used then is that because of it's design I'm not sure it'd look right just "smaller".  It could be modified to look more believable though with some thought and a little work...  Different guns, maybe a reworking of the stabilizer treads on the sides... 

or perhaps it could be some kind of personal Droid Commander charriot?  They were riding them into battle on Kashyyyk, so maybe....
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Army Of Darkness fodder
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I was going through Suncoast video and I realized that they had the army of Darkness figures that Fritz uses....so I had to get one...nad they were on sale for 4 dollars!Just wanted to give people the heds-up that (well I think at all) at Suncoast the army of darkness figures are on sale.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Yep, Suncoast are a great place to get these, I originally paid $14.99 for several of those 2-pks.  But yeah you can get them for a good price now if you can find them.

:P

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Yea,I was going online to see if I could get a army builder...I was stunned that it was 15 dollars!...amazing what a sale can do...(and this "sale" has been going on for a few weeks now.)
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2006, 10:03 AM »
I picked a new Joe figure at Toys R Us last night.  I'm not a Joe guy so I don't remember his name but it looks like a new figure line.  I'm pretty sure it had a red/white/blue strip on the cardback.  Sort of looked like a throwback to vintage type packaging. 

I tried to find a picture to post but no success (I didn't try that hard  ;) )

Anyway, it was a decent headsculpt and the right scale.  I thought Hasbro had abandoned the 3.75" scale for Joe figures?!?! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2006, 06:14 AM »
I've heard some rumor that the line has done well enough through Hasbro directly that TRU has asked to carry it.  There's figures I'd buy if I saw them but not pay shipping I know.  I've seen 3-packs and singles I've wanted to pick up just because they're such great throwbacks. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert! - Marauder Series 2
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01 PM »
For all you guys who need some high-quality rifles to supply your troops, Marauder Inc's Series 2 weapons are now available. Great new set. He has a nice variation between modern rifles and sci-fi weapons.  He is the master at accurate weapons.
Marauder
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Plus Maurader inc. has the SPECTRE SEAL OF APPROVAL.  :P

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2006, 11:02 PM »

And I don't give those out to just anyone ;)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2006, 12:51 AM »

And I don't give those out to just anyone ;)

Isn't that the truth. I offered him a 10 spot, and he wouldn't bite. :-[

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13 AM »
I was on morning toy run and my wal-mart had some new 21st Centrury XD action figures.  Some nice neutral head sculpts with some good accessories.  I picked up two figures - one with interchangeable heads and another with a cool removable trenchcoat.  Both figures look like they've got some nice potential.  They also had an Asian soldier which looked pretty cool.  I haven't seen many Asian head sculpts on the 3-3/4 scale.