Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178754 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Darn, I'll bet those are the Battle of the Bulge figs. I only saw them once, but passed on them and now my WalMart is bone-dry of XD.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2006, 03:58 AM »
Just so you guys know, there's an assload of 21st's figures out there...  I'll break down some of it off the top of my head...

-1st series WW2 Europe Infantry (non-removable helmets, though the heads can be used for customs if you're creative.  Helmets come off but leave a gap/holes in the heads and they're misshapen.  Some just need a little hair sculpting).

-2nd Series Vietnam...  On the Nam figures, the Cong and NVA troops don't have removable headgear.  The U.S. troops do have removable headgear.  The Nam series isn't as easy to come by though, and some figures are flat out a pain to find.  A Navy SEAL has a bandana, there's a number of others.

-3rd Series U.S. and German Paratroops...  There's probably the most and best headsculpts in this series.  A number of grimacing faces, but there's some fantastic neutral headsculpts for both sides.  There's like 6 or 7 figures of both nationalities.

-4th Series Battle of the Bulge/Ardennes...  Fewer headsculpts, but all are neutral.

-Sub-Series Pilots...  They packaged pilots from the planes individually.  The leather flight caps aren't removable though.

-Sub-Series Patton...  General George Patton in 3 flavors with his pit bull terrier.  Same head on all 3 figures.

-5th Series US Marines (Pacific Theater, repainted 3 times but no new heads)....  Lots of headsculpts.  Some more neutral than others.  Some very neutral, some really exagerated.  Lots of variety.

-6th Series Japanese Infantry...  Again a mix of neutral, semi-neutral, and flat out exagerrated headsculpts.  All Asian of course, which is positive for variety.

-7th Series Battle of the Bulge (Series 2)...  They just started shipping.  These are probably what you got BrentS as they're including interchangeable heads, torsoes...  They're probably the best ever.  I haven't picked them up yet and I so desperately want these figures in droves. :(  They have a U.S. Rifleman in trenchcoat, awesome.

Anyway, that's 21st's line-up...  That also doesn't include NEW pilots like the Jet Fighter pilot, and some of the others.  There's German and US drivers for different vehicles too...  And that doesn't even get into what BBI puts out.  From BBI SWAT (older though) onto BBI's foray into World War 2 figures.  There's a lot of headsculpts available between these two companies.

Oh and I forgot Sahara figures too which I see more...  Good civilian bodies/robes there.

There's more coming too...  They're far from done. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2006, 10:48 AM »
I picked up a couple of the battle of the bulge figs a couple of weeks ago. The german in the great coat is one of the best of the bunch. Im using his coat for a special project Im working on he should be finished by the weekend. There are lots of variety in these, but for some reason they go so fast around here Im lucky i snagged them when I did.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2006, 04:38 AM »
There's pretty strong collecting market for those figures...  Plus those companies actually listen to, talk to, and deal with their consumer base and EMBRACE etailers...  Tack that onto them having limited brick & mortar retail support (Target doesn't carry them, TRU carries BBI but dumped 21st because of pressure from special interest groups and WM carries 21st but not BBI, and you have limited outlets to pick stuff up really).

Around me, they're backing up with certain things...  Battle of the Bulge never showed here heavily so I had a tough time tracking much down and never got all I wanted.  They repainted the Germans too and I only got one of them. :(  Never got the grey tankers or the Autumn Tankers.  I'm bummed.

Now my area's backing up with a wave I forgot plus the Japanese Infantry...  They repainted the Paratroopers and re-arranged the headsculpts to make Operation Market Garden U.S. Paratroopers.  It's a lesser-known part of World War two but if you wanna see a great movie about it watch "A Bridge Too Far".  Star-studded, well acted, historically accurate in many ways, and tells the sad facts of a sad story really.

Anyway, those and the Japanese are backing up here on top of the USMC figures which we got in droves.

I WISH I could find Battle of the Bulge.  It's my favorite battle and general piece of the war, and the figures are the best in my opinion.  I'd say the BotB line's best are as good as Hasbro's best basic figures like SA Clones... 

They're awesome fodder, but if you wind up with left-over parts of 21st C. figures because you only wanted the head or whatnot, PM ME HERE! :)  I can use those parts for my actual 1:18 military habit.  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2006, 06:23 AM »
The 2nd Wave of the Battle of the Bulge figs, are hitting heavily around my neck of the woods, S. FL. The've really kicked it up a notch w/ these figs. They've added extra heads arms, and over coats. It't like getting 2 figures in one. 21st Century Toys has really catered to Military 1:18 Scale Customizers, something Hasbro Should look into.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2006, 03:55 PM »
actually haven't seen any battle of the bulge figures, but found some market garden figures that were packaged similar to the marines of the XD line. Some of the heads looked very promising, but naturally there were a few "surprised" and "sad" looking duds.

I thought this was very promising for my photonovel/ clone army though.

for $9 i think i'll invest in another one. And probably some of their other vehicles. A lot of them seem to have a lot of potential once you take off all the over kill machine guns and missle launchers  :P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2006, 04:04 PM »
I have that tank.  ;D So youre the guy that bought the other one.  ;) But mine is an older release, I used it for my Oktober Guard figs back when I was still collecting Joes. I havent seen that particular color scheme though. Is that a custom job?

There is also an excellent river boat for the C.O.R.P.S. line that was a companion peice to that tank. Except for the gaudy baby blue color it definately has some nice potential as well. I half thought about getting it for a S.E.A.L. team but never actually got around to it.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2006, 04:19 PM »
this one is the new version. they seemed to have packaged them differently because i saw earlier. The newer version has this paint scheme, and doesnt come with a figure like the other version.
I also saw the river boat and automatically thought of the gunboat cody is on in the beginning of Labyrinth of Evil, but ultimately thought it was more important to give my clones an armored punch  :P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2006, 04:25 PM »
You know I never thought about that. I really like that book, you just may have given me an idea. :P

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2006, 04:29 PM »
NO MINE!  >:(

just kidding go for it man  ;D. I also considered just doing labyrinth of evil for my photonovel. For the people that didnt read it and don't truley know its awesomeness  :P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2006, 08:54 PM »
I'm definitely more of a fan of these 21st century figs.  The new battle of the bulge are great b/c of the extra accessories.  I may be picking up a few more.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 5, 2006, 03:08 PM »
These are a little OT, but They are the Same Scale as 3 3/4 Star Wars Fig. and They look Sweet in Your What if Dioramas. Give the Predator a Few Sta Wars Artifacts, Like a Light Saber or Stromtrooper Helmet on his Trophy wall and Wala! You've got a Great Fan Fic Custom. These are Japanese Vending Machine Prizes, They Come Disasembled but, Once assembled they are Super Articulated and the Detail in the Paint Aps. Is Amazing. These Cost About $20 Bucks from my Local Comic Shop. But. for the Quality I think it's worth It. The Only Draw Back is that they Are Blind Packaged. I Got Lucky and Scored two of the Better
Figures in the Assortment.
Here are Some Pics.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #192 on: April 5, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Are these the "Hot Toys" smaller scale figures?

They look a lot like the Microman versions, but still seem very detailed... I might have to find some of them.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 03:58 PM by Gregorbian »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #193 on: April 5, 2006, 06:11 PM »
OK, who's got them, where do we go pay for them, what does the container look like, what old lady do I need to run over to get these? ;D ;D ;D

All kidding a side, these lookl to cool. If only Hasbro sculpted the well. They did a toy line back in the '90s that no where look as good as those. And these are considered prizes from a vending machine, like you see at wal-marts (with crappy toys)? I need to move to Japan, who'w with me. ;D ;D ;D

Great find there, budy!!!

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 5, 2006, 10:12 PM »
ooo ooo I'm with you...time to go to japan...*packs bags* ...now only if I knew japanese...
Cheers!

- Joe