Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178039 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Hows this for a base for a temple at Illum dio?  (same line)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:50 AM by PenDragon »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2007, 12:18 PM »
www.toynewsi.com has pics of some new Sigma 6 vehicles.  They have a moddifed version of the walker that both Chewie & Fritz made customs of.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2007, 02:29 AM »
PenDragon, thanks for clearing that up.

Cool potential Hoth/Ilum playset fodder there...  Either seems like a good starting point once you ditch some of the details.  Pretty simplistic design too...  I never did get the Isle De Cruz playset for my XD military figures like I wanted but I'll live. ;)

The figures look to be pretty bland in terms of poseability but as far as random background fodder bits and good headsculpts, they look outstanding.  I'm curious about more of this toy line surfacing.  Glad there's something new entering the 3.75" market too besides what we've already got.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37 AM »
I'm totally going to make a Rhen Var mine out of that for a photonovel.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2007, 03:15 AM »
Yeah, I saw all the "Golden Compass" pictures at another website...Interesting stuff...Poseability doesn't seem to high, though, as mentioned.

There's also a figure based on Nicole Kidman, but it looks pretty lousy.  Thankfully, it was listed as "pending actor approval", so hopefully Nicole will make them resculpt a better head.

I'll definitely be making a James Bond custom with that awesome Daniel Craig head.

And, assuming Hasbro ever makes a good TPM Obi Wan and the Nicole Kidman head comes out, I'll finally be able to finish my "Moulin Rouge" custom series and diorama!  :D
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Ok, I saw these Golden Compass figures up close at Toy Fair...they are definately in scale.  I believe they intend to have more articulation than shown as well.

The poster they had for the figures showed 8 and showed articulation in the elbows and knees at least, possibly more.  We were very rushed at the Master Replicas booth and abandoned by our guide so we did not get any details.

Also of Note, besides that line there will be a 3 3/4 inch Harry Potter line too.  It was in a "No Photos" zone.  They had a House or maybe the Hogwarts playset, but it was nice looking too.  Not quite Star Wars, like the Golden Compass Snow Cave...also that Polar Bear they were using is in some of the Chap Mei sets, so I would guess those were mostly prototype things.

Sorry we couldn't get good info and photos at the show, but you don't want to get me started on that portion of the trip.

I'll look on my camera and see if I got any photos that haven't been uploaded, but I think Rob had the majority of photos from the MR/Corgi booth.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2007, 07:37 AM »
I guess the success that Pirates had in the 3 3/4 scale has helped other companies choose the same scale.  I alwys assumed that Star Wars was the exception, and that most companies found 7 inch (or so) figures to be a better sale.  It's nice to see "our" scale coming back though.  Who knows, maybe we will get that Indy Jones lines that covers all four films in 2008.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 2, 2007, 02:46 PM »
For the Diorama guys these are coming too...to help build up Endor...

These are from Schleich and are going to available either now or soon.  They are 1:18-is in scale  The trees were all over their showroom at Toy Fair.  Even the Smurf section...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 2, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Great pics, thanks for sharing them.  I've been eyeing this page on their website for couple months now...

http://www.schleich-s.de/cms_schleich/shop/index.php?partner=standard&lang=2&startnode=125&okat=50&mod=news&

Especially this tree -

Those would look great in a fan fiction Star Wars world.

Offline UKHistory

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Tomart's latest guide features Harry Potter/excellent Star Wars fodder
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2007, 12:41 PM »
If you have have a chance to check out the latest tomart action figure magazine, you will see excellent imagest of upcoming Harry Potter 3 3/4 actionf figures and playsets.

I didn't have a chance to take photographs but I encourage others to check it out.

30 figures compatable with Star Wars.  I don't know the characters but an older female witch/teacher and an old wizard/head master of the school certainly would make excellent Star wars customs.

A lot of younger male and female characters (Tenel Ka?) of various races for jedi, background humans whatever you want.  A really cool flying dragon/demon creature was there as well.

My personal favorite however was a building playset that could either be an enclosed building or be spread out to reveal the insides of a great hallway.  With its many windows it looked very much like the Theed Palace hall way.

The female figures included a soft goods skirt.  Impressive articulation and excellent sculpts.

The question is, will these items be sold in the States?  I sure hope so or at least be available on-line.

A Theed palace playset would be great for episode I figures.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:52 AM by Ryan »

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Do they produce an online edition?  I'm too lazy to research it...

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
Not sure about an online edition.  The figures looked great, there would be a lot of customizing potential.  Unfortunately, it said that the United States would not be getting this line, which is a shame, because it looks like the line would sell well in the United States.  Hopefully it does well and when the next movie comes out they will market it in the U.S.  If my scanner is working again, I'll try to post pictures later.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Pics of these are floating around on the net somewhere...  Haven't seen the figures as much as I saw the playset, which had some nice furniture and things I'd have liked for military figures...  Bummer on them only shipping overseas, but that's the breaks.  Guess it'll be some pricey import fodder.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
We were talking about this over at Yak some.  Not releasing these in the US?  That sucks, these look like  a line that would be supported by the US market.  I would love to see some of this stuff in person for potential custom playsets.

Offline UKHistory

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Via ebay I picked up the first four:  Harry, Hermione, the red headed kid, and Gary Oldman.

Great facial sculpts.  Top knotch. 

The head pop off ala Captain Antilles and General Dodonna. 

Figures are sturdy but NO leg articulation and come with black stands with small peg.  Arms, waist and head moves. 

Magic wand accessory tiny and easily confused with a splinter of wood.  Does fit into their hands nicely though.

Looks like Entertainment earth is selling cases at a pricey point.

Would like to have the playsets possibly, the witch teacher and the wizard (great robes) are definite if gettable, the villains, and a few more of the classmates for heads. 

With legs unable to move, limited playability for kids so I can see why there is a limited US market.