Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Watched it with the kids and it was probably the most scary episode Rebels has ever done.

I'd love to see Obi-Wan off Maul once and for all.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Lock S foils in attack position
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Coming soon to Star Wars Rebels?  A character from Rogue One!
"All wings report in."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 4, 2017, 04:46 PM »
Saw, Obi Wan, Mon Mothma, Darktroopers, TIE Defenders, Mandos...lots of goodness in the new trailer.  :)
Pain don't hurt - Dalton

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 4, 2017, 09:28 PM »
It's very cool that they got Forest Whitaker to voice Saw Gerrera for the show.  And from the sound of things, I'm pretty sure they also got Genevieve O'Reilly to play Mon Mothma again.

The Mando arc seems like it's going to get interesting, and Sabine will get some serious character development.  But the best part here?  Obi-Wan Kenobi facing off with Darth Maul again!
"All wings report in."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 8, 2017, 10:03 AM »
It was nice to have a double shot of REBELS to kick off the second half of season 3.  And even better having Forest Whitaker on board to reprise his role as Saw Gerrera.

These episodes served as a nice bridge between the CATALYST novel and the ROGUE ONE movie, giving a little more background about the workforce that was used to build much of the first Death Star, and what became of them when the Empire deemed that they had outlived their usefulness.  And Hera's callback to the episode where the Ghost had previously been in Geonosis orbit and seen the manufacturing stations helped flesh things out, too.

There were a couple of details that I really appreciated.  First?  The language barrier.  All too often characters seem to be able to understand one another perfectly, despite speaking different languages.  Or there's a protocol droid that can translate everything.  This was different.  And when Click-Clack drew what appeared to be the Death Star the message was lost on the Rebels.  When they found the toxic gas cannisters they quickly assumed THAT was what the Geonosian was referring to. 

It's insidious that the Empire would kill all of the Geonosians in order to cover their tracks with the Death Star project.  But having seen ROGUE ONE and how quickly the Empire destroyed Jedha City and their own base on Scarif?  It makes it very clear that the Empire has become far more ruthless than some of the hapless Imperials we saw on Lothal in season 1.

I also appreciated getting some more background about Saw.  He's clearly lost a lot.  And because of that he's willing to do a lot more than the crew of the Ghost in pursuit of the cause of the Rebellion.
"All wings report in."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #95 on: January 9, 2017, 12:43 AM »
I like how they are finally starting to tie Rebels to Rogue One.  I guess they were just waiting until after the movie came out to do so.  Good on them for that!
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2017, 07:19 PM »
The moral of this week's episode is never, and I mean NEVER leave Zeb in charge.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2017, 08:15 PM »
I liked the cameos of the movie better than the show itself, but I do find elements of the show fun and interesting.  I liked the droid and the idea of it in general.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16 PM »
The moral of this week's episode is never, and I mean NEVER leave Zeb in charge.

Lots of nods in this episode.  "Screamers," "The Black Hole," and the recon droid is a nod to a McQuarrie design.