Author Topic: ARC Trooper Review  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
ARC Trooper Review
« on: September 17, 2003, 02:12 PM »
I've bought a Marvel Legends figure, I now know what to expect from a toy... And not surprisingly, Hasbro disapoints.

Appearance -
Looks pretty good, the design is a tad weird. I don't like the flipping sensor thing, or the wrist things, or the Snowtrooper-ish skirt, or the gun... but it all comes together to make a decent look. The legs look weird though.
8/10

Articluation -
Only 8 points... One of the arms is so straight that the elbow articulation is pretty pointless... No wrist articulation, no knee articulation (and take note that the legs look weird).
6/10

Pose-ability -
With only 8 points, and a screwy leg pose, not to mention a straight arm... All this guy can do is hold his gun, look left or right, and "point" with the straight arm. Garbage.
2/10

Accessory -
A weird rifle... Nothing new or extra. Except that there is a 'Bonus' decently articulated Clone Trooper figure added to the card! A free figure, can't go wrong with that.
10/10

Overall -
The legs suck, the pose-ability is non-existant.... The look is decent.... Well, nothing to this guy really, but of course, the Marvel Legends figures have spoiled me. For $5 + a bonus figure, though, it's definately worth buying.
6/10

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Re: ARC Trooper Review
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 07:49 PM »
I agree with you on this one Brad this Figure is a disapointment it looks cool in the package, but the articulation with this one is pointless I can only make him a guard.  As far as the other clone Trooper that came with it I like it!  Arc Trooper 5/10   Clone trooper 7/10

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: ARC Trooper Review
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 08:17 PM »
The ARC Trooper is a combination of a Clone Trooper and Sandtrooper.  It comes with a viewfinder (that falls off the second you take it out of the packaging), shoulder pauldron, skirt, and a blaster rifle.  The detail on this figure is pretty good, and is a good figure for army building.  Some people have complained how the legs are positioned, but I don't find it to be a problem.  The one thing that is irritating is that the elbows don't have any articulation.  So, you only have so much flexibility when posing with its blaster rifle.  One thing I was impressed with is the ball joint in its shoulders, giving it a wide range of motion.  Lastly, there is a variation of this figure, where the right shoulder armor is dark gray instead of the light blue color (used throughout the figure's armor).

Overall, I like this figure enough to have bought 10 of these (8 are for my army-building.

Rating = B+

Check out pictures of him here.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2003, 10:14 PM by dustrho »
dustrho