Author Topic: Mysterious Vintage @ Amazon?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Mysterious Vintage @ Amazon?
« on: September 20, 2003, 07:14 PM »
Take a look at the front page, my post regarding Amazon.com.

Thoughts?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Vintage @ Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 08:15 PM »
Interesting. Looks like they found some original figures & are selling on the secondry market!

This is the best discription they have for the Bounty Hunters:

Bounty Hunters Collection

From Toysrus.com & Amazon.com
From the Manufacturer
###############################################################

WTF?   ???   ::)

I had to shorten the description as it screwed this page right up!  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 08:53 PM »
Well color me confused?  What's this all about?

Is this the original six bounty hunters?  Presumably loose, but are they complete and what condition?  

I still need vinty bounty hunters, but I need more info. ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 11:21 PM »
I'm wondering if these are replicas or real authentic vintage. Strange, to say the least.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 11:39 PM »
From what I read in one of the discriptions is that these are original action figures.

Now you have the opportunity to own a high-grade limited edition set of original Star Wars Action Figures. Each set comes with the correct assortment of weapons and accessories, the same as it did when it was sold more than 20 years ago! These are 100% original action figures released at the time of the original movies. These are high-grade, very collectible, and are considered to be difficult to find in this condition. We have assembled a set of 5 vintage action figures complete with accessories and weapons. Figures come in individual protective cases with stand-up bases. Please check out the other limited edition collectible sets of Star Wars Action Figures available on ToysRus.com.

Original & released more than 20 yrs ago at the time of the movies make it vinty to me, me thinks!   ???

They only have a few sets of each but who's going to take a chance though?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 12:05 AM »
doing a quick google search on the company DISTRIBUTOYS, INC a Chicagoland based company which is listed as the "manufacturer" of the figures it appears that they are a distributor of supplies to toy manufacturers as well as a wholesaler of assorted items including toys and books with previous items for sale on amazon. the likely scenario is that they came across a large amount of loose vintage figures and are more than willing to sell em via amazon as they can set their own price. take note at the good guys collection, they have only 10 sets available which certainly indicates that they are of a limited supply. these must be originals as well if this sale is to continue and if they were repros hasbro and lfl would be all over them like syrup and pancakes.  though at the sametime they never mention if the weapons/accessories that come with the figures are original or repro so that could be iffy right there. but its an interesting concept for sure, but $30 for a jedi luke, c-3p0 and rebel soldier is a bit stretching when u can get all 3 easily for half that on ebay
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 12:09 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 02:21 PM »
You won't see me buying those figures, and for the record I hate Amazon.com.  They're product descriptions almost always suck, they hardly ever have pictures for their stuff, and if you've ever ordered Star Wars stuff from their site you'll know they never put packing materials in their boxes.  I once got a gift certficate at my last job, so I thought I would buy some Star Wars stuff with that money.  I ordered a bunch of figures, got the box almost two weeks later (when everything was supposedly in stock on their site), and there was no packing materials in the box.  None!  All those carded figures were smashed.  So, you won't hear of me ordering anything from those bastards ever again.   >:(

Sorry I got a bit off topic there.
dustrho

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2003, 04:52 PM »
So, really, how do you feel about Amazon? :) j/k

I think even ebay's prices would be cheaper than these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 05:11 PM »
I took the liberty of e mailing them, and heres their response.

Thank you for your interest in the Vintage Star Wars figures available at ToysRus.com/ Amazon.com.  We have had many emails regarding these items and we are very excited to be able to bring something special to Star Wars collectors everywhere.

These limited edition sets are made up of Star Wars figures that were released in the late 1970¹s and early 1980¹s.  The figures in these sets are ³loose², that¹s is to say, they are out of their original packaging but are still original, ³collectible condition² action figures.

Kenner released many Star Wars action figures and many different action figures of the same characters.  The following action figures are contained in each Limited Edition Vintage Star Wars Action Figure Set:

Good Guys Set-
Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Outfit
C3PO
Hoth Soldier

Bounty Hunters Set-
IG-88
Boba Fett
Dengar

Bespin Set-
Han Solo in Bespin Gear
Chewbacca
Lando Calrissian
Lobot
Storm Trooper

All sets come with the correct assortment of weapons and accessories.

We hope that you are as excited about these Limited Edition Vintage Star Wars Action Figure Sets as we are.  Please make sure that you check back with ToysRus.com/ Amazon.com often as we will be adding new sets all the time.

Thanks again.