Author Topic: Favorite Ship  (Read 13470 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Favorite Ship
« on: January 2, 2003, 01:57 PM »
I still really like the Slave 1
so I perfer the Shadows Slave1. I
like the purple box

Whats your favorites
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Favorite Ship
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2003, 02:18 PM »
I like the Tatooine Skiff. Next would be the AT-AT Walker.
I never had them originally but now I have vinty & new.  :)

DarkJediCB

Re:Favorite Ship
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2003, 12:04 AM »
I like the AT-ST, AT-AT, Slave I, and the Falcon.   The only OT ships I had were the Falcon, Snowspeeder, and a TIE Fighter.  The Vintage ships were a lot better than the newer ones.  Almost all of them had lights and sounds. ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Favorite Ship
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 05:44 PM »
I'd have to say my current favorite ship today would be the AT-AT.  It's just enormous, has awesome sound effects, and comes with 2 awesome figures (General Veers and AT-AT Driver).
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 11:11 PM »
Wow, revisiting the love of the POTF2 ship...

I have 2 that I'd label as "good".  One that I'd label great for what it is actually.

I'm a ship nut by the way, and that's my focus in customizing right now while I perfect my casting technique and ability...  

My 2 choices are the A-Wing and the T-16 Skyhopper...

The A-Wing is great  because for a 1985 sculpt the thing holds it's own against even the TIE Bomber of today...  It's deco is accurate to a film prop (Almost 100% accurate actually) and the pilot pack-in wasn't great, but there's worse.  It's based on the maquette pilot instead of the actual actor's costume from Home One or cockpit shots, so I'm still itchin' for a new and accurate pilot on the card some day.

The best thing of the A-Wing though is that it's actually a TO SCALE ship...  Not only that, it's a to-scale ship made from a vintage mold.  You REALLY don't see that ever these days, so it's a welcome vehicle to me and that's why I welcome the Saga EU deco.

The T-16 I nominate because it's scale is arguably accurate (There's 2 proposed "sizes" from ILM, and the toy fits one of the 2).  It's a new sculpt, fairly simple, VERY accurate to Luke's model he's seen playing with, and other than the cockpit interior I think it's pretty spot-on...  I even like the cockpit interior a lot, just it could be better.

Other vehicles in the POTF2 range disappoint me because of their retread feel and they weren't improved much...  Vader's TIE would get an honorable mention though as a great new vehicle from the POTF2 range.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 11:21 PM »
I'd have to say my current favorite ship today would be the AT-AT.  It's just enormous, has awesome sound effects, and comes with 2 awesome figures (General Veers and AT-AT Driver).

I'm right there with you on this one.  It was hard for me to find, and at a reasonable price too.  Maybe those two are related somehow given that I passed on all the ships initially ::)

This is just a cool, cool vehicle.  Huge, maybe not quite to scale, but just awesome.  Goes well with the Action Fleet and Tomy versions for a display.  

got the AT-AT and T-16 for $70 Cdn shipped ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2003, 11:23 AM »
I had always wanted an AT-AT since I was a kid, so It was always my favorite.  I may have to get a vintage one, although I don't mess with vintage vehicles.  Jjust to sate the kid in me.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2003, 10:48 AM »
If I had to choose one POTF2 ship to call my favorite....hmmm... that's tough...and a tie between the Skiff and the Awing....both were awesome pieces.

Vintage choice is easy...the ATAT.....I have three vintage ATAT's ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2003, 10:53 AM »
I kind of like the Bwing.  Its just an awesome uniquely designed ship.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: June 5, 2003, 11:41 AM »

How about hooking me up with one of those vintage AT-AT's?   ;D
dustrho

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2003, 12:09 PM »

How about hooking me up with one of those vintage AT-AT's?   ;D

Well, I would, but the Emporer had strict orders for the detachment of Imperial Forces kep those three ATAT's and soldiers implaced......Rebels are strong in that area of Hoth ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Thanks Brian...  :'(
dustrho

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2003, 12:59 PM »
Oh no man, don't do that......you'll make me cry :-[

Honestly, I rarely trade any of my vintage stuff off once I get it....I'm a serious horder when it comes to ships.......I love vintage stuff so much.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2003, 01:03 PM »
I was just teasing Brian.  But, when you decide to part with your stuff (if that ever happens), make sure I'm on the top of your list for those AT-AT's and other vintage stuff.   ;D
dustrho

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2003, 01:06 PM »
I was just teasing Brian.  But, when you decide to part with your stuff (if that ever happens), make sure I'm on the top of your list for those AT-AT's and other vintage stuff.   ;D

I'll definatly keep you in mind bro.....but I'm hoping to be buried with the vintage Stuff I have now.......of course this means I'll need to be buried iin a U-haul moving truck.....but hey, whatever ;)

Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com