Author Topic: Wat Tambor  (Read 2041 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Wat Tambor
« on: September 21, 2003, 05:12 PM »
Wat Tambor, what a great figure this turned out to be!  After a long wait I finally acquired one (thanks to my wife), and I must say the wait was well worth it.  The details of this figure are incredible!  The colors are done well, but I'm curious why Hasbro didn't use the correct color for his chest plate.  In the movie his chest plate was a shiny gray/silver color, but the color on the figure is more of a dull gold color.  That really doesn't bother me too much, because the rest of him turned out great!  I even like the computer terminal that comes with him.  It's a nice add-on to the figure.

Rating = A-

Check out pictures of it here.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2003, 10:09 PM by dustrho »
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Wat Tambor
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2003, 10:37 AM »
Wat Tambor is a cool figure. Glad to have him. I will also say those pictures are Awesome Chris!  8)  I'm off to see more!  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2003, 10:54 AM »
I will also say those pictures are Awesome Chris!  8)

Thanks Dale!   ;D
dustrho

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 06:52 PM »
The colors are done well, but I'm curious why Hasbro didn't use the correct color for his chest plate.  In the movie his chest plate was a shiny gray/silver color, but the color on the figure is more of a dull gold color.

It would've been cool if Hasbro used the same type of shiny silver plastic for Wat Tambor's chest plate that they used for R2-B1's dome.  Wat is still one of my favorite Saga figs though.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Wat Tambor Review
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 05:04 AM »
Finally the Target employee left some for the customers...

Appearance -
Doesn't appear all that accurate, but he's a cool design. I don't really think they put their 100% into making this guy look as cool as he does in the movie.
8/10

Articluation -
4 points... Garbage. This is stupid. No ball joint for the shoulders, no elbow articulation... just arm and wrist swivel. No head articulation that I see... no waist, either.
2/10

Pose-ability -
Not that I expected him to be an action figure, but jeez...
1/10

Accessory -
Packed with a little section of the War Chamber... and what appears to be a hologram of a fueler... Cool accessory. I like it.
10/10

Overall -
Gets points for being the cool voiced-Confederate. Half taken off for it lacking articulation and accuracy.
5/10

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 04:59 PM »
I picked him up recently. Though not entirely movie-accurate in coloration or shininess, he is a very cool looking alien dude, one I knew I wanted to have if ever made. his pose is very limited with head, shoulder and wrist articualtion as well as hidden waist and very hidden legs. At least he can stand very well. I was surprised how heavy his base was, given that he has to stand on it. It is a nice accessory too. 3.5 out of 5 stars. ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"