Author Topic: Thundercats, Hoooo!!  (Read 48531 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Thundercats, Hoooo!!
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 09:02 AM »
yeah - I was thinkin "WTF?" when I saw that too

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I had almost bit on picking up at least the "Classics" Lion-O, but held off because I wasn't really interested in the 8" figures.  When I saw they were doing classics Thundercats in the 6" line, I was seriously thinking about collecting all the basic cats - but I'm not a fan of the screaming face thing either.  If they go about doing "normal" versions of the characters, I may have to pick some up, we'll see.  I was a big fan of the show as a kid, but only really ever had the Panthro figure back then I believe.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31 PM »
I picked up the Armor of Omens at Walmart, not much articulation but still pretty cool. No luck finding Claudus yet though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2012, 01:21 AM »
Did anyone catch TOY HUNTERS on TLC last night?  It follows the owner of Hollywood Heroes, which deals in some high end collectibles.  And one of the pieces that he acquired from a collector for resale was the ultra-rare Thundercats figure "The Mad Bubbler".  I for one was astounded that a vintage Thundercats prototype would sell for over $10,000!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07 AM »
I have the new Lion-O, Panthro, and Claudus.  The first two figures suffer from articulation loss in this new, second version due to mold tweaking.  I still cant figure out why they took out Lion-O's swivel waist...  I guess I could understand ankle articulation as it seems a lot of toy lines are doing away with it, but tweaking a pre-existing mold to remove a swivel wait POA of articulation is not only mind boggling to me, but also unacceptable.

I also have the Tygus set but I have not gotten around to opening it yet.

As for Mumra's ride?  Pretty sure it is priced at $30 atm and Amazon.com has taught me better than that with their $9 Thundertank sales.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: February 4, 2012, 01:37 AM »
Where did you find them? I have been hitting up Walmart and Target for these (and the Marvel Legends) but no luck on either.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 4, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I got all the new stuff at Walmart, and I live in north west Indiana

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #82 on: February 4, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Cool, I'll keep checking Walmart, just wish wave 1 would sell more. Might give them more incentive to order wave 2.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Found Claudus and the new Panthro today. Passed on the new Mumm-Ra. No sign of the new Lion-O though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52 AM »
I think i am the only one who really cares anymore  :P but BBTS got my deluxe Slithe pre-order and I ordered the Thundercats SDCC minimates. Anyone else pick them up?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17 PM »
I think it's too bad that the show didn't get picked up for a 2nd season.  I never did see the rest of S1, after they took it off Friday night's, I kind of forgot about it and never remembered to follow it.

The toy line is on clearance at all the stores here and mostly sold out now.  I thought the toy line looked decent enough but after that first drop, don't think it sold very well.

I liked the looks of the minimates but not enough to buy any.  I didn't even buy any of the 3.75" figures in the end.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2012, 03:31 PM »
I loved the show.  I wish we got all of Mumra's generals but the deluxe Slithe isn't going to cut it for me - I am not going to go out of my way looking/ordering it.  If I happened upon it at a TJ Max or something then maybe....

a shame it seems like this is dead.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2012, 03:34 PM »
I enjoyed the show.  Thought it was pretty decent actually - just never really cared much for the toys but have eyeballed them up on the Target clearance racks from time to time.  Missed the episode where Panthro got his robo arms, but I do remember the bears from the "vintage" toon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22 AM »
these are all back on clearance again at my local WM.  Odd how they are on again/off again

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 5, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Showing up at Ollies, if any one cares. Tower of Omens is  $10. Tank is $8. They had the small vehicles with figures, too, also $8. I think.

« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 11:32 PM by Scockery »