Author Topic: Best vintage deals you've gotten  (Read 27161 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 9, 2003, 03:00 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Best vintage deals you've gotten
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2003, 03:14 PM »
Damn, Matthew...  That was an amazing score on that lot of figures buddy.  Congrats!  $3 each on EV and the Dig is just insane!   :o  You just saved yourself a TON of cash...   8)  Way to go!  Great hunting, man.  Keep it up and you'll be done in no time!  But then what...?   :D

~ M

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 9, 2003, 11:34 PM »
But then what...?   :D

~ M

There are plenty of vintage variations to be had! ;D

-Fish-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 08:34 AM »
Link is working real good! You have done very well, (fantastic) for the price!  ;)

Variations can be fun & a very long hunt depending on what you want. I only have the odd variation but there great to have!   ;D

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 03:33 PM »
Link is working real good! You have done very well, (fantastic) for the price!  ;)

Variations can be fun & a very long hunt depending on what you want. I only have the odd variation but there great to have!   ;D

Dale,

I just intend to go after the more known variations, snap cape Jedi Luke, White teeth Lando, Hair variations.

I'll leave the other variants to the others at this time!

I'd love to see pic's of your collections sometime.

Matt

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 10:56 PM »
I got home to a few surprises...
Minty Mint Amanaman and Han in Carbonite for $115
Yak Face for about $100 worth of stuff in trade

7 to go to complete my loose vintage collection of "100."

Not particularly great deals, but three figures I have been hoping to nab for quite some time.

-Fish-    

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2004, 11:35 PM »
From what I've seen lately, the three most expensive of the bunch :o  I've been watching a lot of last 17 auctions of late.  I missed a few great deals about 2 weeks ago (again with the family, all the right thing to do, but damn, why are the auctions I watch always $15 higher per item than the ones I watch) but this week things have been steep.  I did pick up a dignitary this week for $32 shipped, so that was pretty nice.  My lot with both Anakin and Luke Stormtrooper was a treat: lots of weapons, upgrades and a ship I may turn around and sell.  

Amanaman complete has been averaging well over $75 of late.  Han has been fairly goofy as well, $55+ so a very nice deal for you, especially considering the condition (were the coins included?).  Yak is easy over $100 with no problem.  

This week I'm watching for the A-wing pilot, Imperial gunner but Luke Poncho is pretty sparse this week, going for well over $40 last week - too steep for me.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Loose - 3 GIANT garbage bags filled with stuff for 10.00

Carded - Complete Set of MOC Droids for 150.00 (inculding Boba Fett)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 11:32 AM »
From what I've seen lately, the three most expensive of the bunch :o  I've been watching a lot of last 17 auctions of late.  I missed a few great deals about 2 weeks ago (again with the family, all the right thing to do, but damn, why are the auctions I watch always $15 higher per item than the ones I watch) but this week things have been steep.  I did pick up a dignitary this week for $32 shipped, so that was pretty nice.  My lot with both Anakin and Luke Stormtrooper was a treat: lots of weapons, upgrades and a ship I may turn around and sell.  

Amanaman complete has been averaging well over $75 of late.  Han has been fairly goofy as well, $55+ so a very nice deal for you, especially considering the condition (were the coins included?).  Yak is easy over $100 with no problem.  

This week I'm watching for the A-wing pilot, Imperial gunner but Luke Poncho is pretty sparse this week, going for well over $40 last week - too steep for me.  

Brent,

The "Last 17" have definetely gone up in value this week.  For example a Yak loose for $147.50:

POTF Yak Face C9.5++ MINT Complete!

I wonder if the OTC Figures are sparking peoples interest or the DVD release, probably both.

I am stoked!  I bet that darn R2 will be a toughy for me in collector condition.

Good luck on the auctions Brent!

-Fish-

I fixed the link for you & it was not working.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 11:42 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2004, 11:46 AM »
This is a nice loose complete Yak w/coin for a good price.

POTF YAK FACE W/COIN. BEAUTIFL C-10!!!!!!!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 06:49 PM »
best deal i got on vintage stuff was back around 97 - 98, when i first discoverd the magical place that was ebay. for about $80 - including shipping - i got just about every vintage figure (minus the last 17) - i think it was about 65 - plus i got a dewback, tie fighter, x-wing, death star playset, star destroyer playset, darth vader tie fighter, tauntaun, landspeeder, and a bunch of other stuff. sure, the figures had no weapons, and some of them were in played with condition, and some of the ships and playsets were incomplete - but it got me started (and almost finished) with my vintage collectoin  :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 10:04 PM »

I wonder if the OTC Figures are sparking peoples interest or the DVD release, probably both.

Gah! :o  Don't say this.  I'm down to needing 26 figures.  Some easy but some annoying, the last thing I need is people getting excited.  

I didn't contemplate the re-release of the DVD's when I started into this.  I was hoping the summer would be pretty slow and values would stay low.  That may not be the case though, either with vintage or modern stuff.  I know for sure I watch values fall for modern stuff pretty much from 3 months post Episode II.  

I've got prices in mind for most of the figs, just not quite winning everything I want to right now :-\  Had my first experience of losing to e-snipe today.  Tragic.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 2, 2004, 01:51 PM »
This is what I scored while in Arizona since Friday:

___ Darth Vader Case x3 with insert(s) $1 each
___ Hoth Ice Set with cardboard AT-AT (missing a few pieces) $2
___ Dagobah Playset with base, hut, and lever x2 $1 each
___ Trash Compactor (no creature) from Death Star Playset x2 $1 each
___ Imerial Dignitary (complete) $9
___ Paploo (complete) $19
___ Lando General (just figure) $5
___ Luke Poncho (just figure) $5
___ Luke Poncho (poncho and belt no gun) $13
___ A-Wing Pilot (no gun) $15
___ Lobot (complete) $1
___ FX7 (complete) $1
___ Power Droid (complete) $1
___ Chewbacca (complete) $6
___ A beautiful home

I was on such a role...(so I thought) I took my son to a comic book store and spotted an R2  for $5 with a hole on top (pop up).  I purchased it to find out it was just missing it's sensorscope >:(.  Oh well...the role had to stop.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: June 2, 2004, 01:51 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 2, 2004, 02:11 PM »

___ A beautiful home

-Fish-

Wow!  Congrats Kahuna!  We really have to get together soon to catch up on stuff.  I'm on the mend and allowed to drive again, so hopefully in the next week or so.  Wanna hear all about it!

Crazy vintage deals you got there as well.  Damn!   8)

- M

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 2, 2004, 09:56 PM »

___ A beautiful home

-Fish-

Wow!  Congrats Kahuna!  We really have to get together soon to catch up on stuff.  I'm on the mend and allowed to drive again, so hopefully in the next week or so.  Wanna hear all about it!

Crazy vintage deals you got there as well.  Damn!   8)

- M

Thanks!  Name the day and time.

I have two J'Quilles and Rappertunies for you if you want them.

-Fish-