Author Topic: 6 Deluxe heading our way 2004  (Read 4322 times)

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
6 Deluxe heading our way 2004
« on: September 25, 2003, 08:56 AM »
We are getting 6 new deluxe figures for 2004!!!!

Wave 1
1.Wampa
2.General Riekan(tactial map)\

Wave2
3.C-3p0 (escape pod)
4.Jabba the Hutt

Wave 3
5.????
6.????

I love to see obi-one with a tractor beam
and a imperial gunner with a turbo laser

What would YOU like to see as a deluxe?????

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 6 Deluxe heading our way 2004
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 09:02 AM »
Well to match the other two waves we have

Battle of Yavin

So...I would actually love for Dodonna to be Deluxe and have him come with the Death Star War Table...that would leave his Wave spot open for perhaps a Red and Gold Leader or some Astromechs

I could also see them doing a tech or guard here with some extra accessories...sorta like the Target pack that never came

Star Destroyer

The only thing Deluxe that leaps out at me here is a Darth Vader meditation chamber, this is probably too big though to fit on a blister card.  Maybe a Gunner of some type (grey tuniced officer from ANH?) would be doable as well

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 03:07 PM »
Actually, there will be seven Deluxe figures for 2004.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:39 PM »
Actually, there will be seven Deluxe figures for 2004.

That's what Hasbro's been saying, but the info GH posted today says only 6 (from a pre-Toyfair catalog).  Hopefully the 7 number is the accurate one though!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 01:12 PM »
The only thing Deluxe that leaps out at me here is a Darth Vader meditation chamber, this is probably too big though to fit on a blister card.

Be careful what you ask for. They managed to shrink the Escape Pod down small enough to fit onto a blister.

That thing should have been a vehicle/exclusive figure combo, not a Deluxe/Ultra/Maxi with Wings or whatever. I'd sooner see the pod as a sculpted base, half buried in the Tatooine sand as part of a Screen Scene with a new Threepio, Artoo, and Sandtrooper holding Threepio's nipple ring.

As for new ideas, I'm still waiting for a nice new Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise packed with a Detention Cell Console he can blow up.

A Death Star Commander with one of those petal-shaped terminal/kiosk/thingies would be kewl.

Those two would make a decent Death Star themed wave, methinks. Or how about a Cantina wave with a new figure and a certain yet-to-be-released insectoid character with a curved bar section? Hmmmm?
Post sober.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 02:59 PM »
So, what do you guys think of the new Ultra set including B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabbashite that was announced today?  I guess Ultra figures is the new name for Deluxe, huh?

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 04:13 PM »
So, what do you guys think of the new Ultra set including B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabbashite that was announced today?

Well, I've already got several of the Monks, I've always wanted a Bubo or two, and Wol is about as obscure as they can possibly come...  But that said, I think it's a pretty cool little set!  I think Apok over at GH might've hit the nail on the head when he speculated that their might be an archway accessory included, so Wol Cabbashite has something to stick himself onto...  Now that would be pretty cool!

I'm sure getting some of those formerly exclusive Monks out to the masses a number of years after it's initial release will make a lot of people happy too, so that's a pretty good choice by Hasbro.  I love obscure characters being made into figures, so with this set, Hasbro's shown that absolutely ANYONE or ANYTHING is fair game to be incarnated into plastic over the next year and a half, and that's FINE BY ME!!!   8)

So, that leaves one (possibly two) "Ultra" sets left now...  Who's it gonna be?  Meditation Chamber Vader is a solid bet for that Star Destroyer set for sure.  Ewok with Glider & Catapult or the Imperial Gunner with cannon would work, though there doesn't appear to be any assortments announced that would support their inclusion anywhere just yet...  Dodonna with a tactical board or warroom table might be a pretty solid guess as well...  We'll see!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 04:23 PM »
Well, I think it's kind of cool that the "Ultra" line is getting some much needed attention.  I mean, just these alone....

ULTRA FIGURES 7items, available Spring 2004
HOTH WAVE
___  General Rieekan with tactical plot
___  Wampa with tauntaun bone & base
TATOOINE WAVE
___  C-3PO with escape pod
JABBA'S PALACE WAVE
___  Jabba the Hutt
___  B'ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabbashite 3-Pack
___  tba
___  tba

...are pretty cool!  I've got to wonder what the remaining two will be.  I think Dodonna with a tactical plot and Vader with meditation chamber might be right on the mark.  I guess we have to wait and see!

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 05:25 PM »
The three pack is a great idea.  I also vote for Vader w/ Meditation Chamber.  He's rock solid.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2003, 02:15 AM »
I'm Looking forward to all these. God knows no matter what I'll pick them up. ;)

I'd like to see an Ewok Catapult resembling that of the vintage one and I agree with the Death Star Gunner, but the Imperial Council from ANH would be nice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2003, 02:48 AM »
Be careful what you ask for. They managed to shrink the Escape Pod down small enough to fit onto a blister.

THANK YOU!  

Oh man, all I've read about that damn escape pod is that "it's great!" when I was thinking it's possibly one of the most bogus accessories ever.

That should've been done to-scale, and there's really no excuse for it not to be.  I think Hasbro cheaped out on it, and this pretty much excludes us ever getting a proper one...  

This could've been one great piece too.  I would've nabbed a bunch if they were to-scale for dioramas, gaming pieces, etc., but that mini-pod just bites. :(  And the 3PO, while a nice sculpt, is a rehash...  

That's a pegwarmer waiting to happen I do believe.  It's been the only major disappointment I've seen in the upcoming things so far.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 09:19 AM »
Actually this is a pretty slick little addition to the collection... Yeah like many things it's a little out of scale but making a to scale version would only bump up the price even more...

I got one in the mail yesterday and I can say that I'm pretty satisfied w/ what they gave us. I put the 3-P0 in w/ an older R2 and they fit fine. Could have used a little more room (imo) but I'm happy w/ this piece... I also have been wanting this in the modern line for a looong time now.
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2003, 12:20 PM »
The 2004 Deluxe or "Ultra" line looks fantastic.  Too bad we didn't get this quality in the early SAGA deluxes.

:P

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 2, 2003, 08:20 AM »
How about an Obi with a catwalk and tractor beam console thingy?  That would look pretty sweet if done right, I think.  Or for a Tatooine Ultra set like the Jabba's Palace Ultra set, how about a 3-pack of droids from the "Purchase of the droids" scene?  A mining droid, R5-D4 (finally done right), and the treadwell droid.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: October 2, 2003, 09:03 AM »
That droid 3 pack sounds dandy...last we heard the Sandcrawler was still up in the air for Fall '04...doesn't mean it won't still happen though.  I'd love to complete that scene...as long as there is a new Uncle Owen coming too :-*