Author Topic: Who Overpaid for Walmart 2-packs? Do you regret it?  (Read 6475 times)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
Re: Who Overpaid for Walmart 2-packs? Do you regret it?
« Reply #15 on: October 4, 2003, 09:04 PM »
I was able to find two of them at retail (ARC Trooper and Anakin), but now I'm out a Yoda  :(.
I never figured I'd find em, but went into a couple WMs a few weeks ago and was able to find the last one at each.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 5, 2003, 07:10 AM »
So, has there been any word about followup shipments of the 2-packs?  I've only seen one instance of these shipping to WalMarts in my area.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #17 on: October 5, 2003, 10:17 PM »
I finally found these sets for the first and only time so far this past week. I picked up X1 of each. THey are now sold out. I seriously doubt that this Wal-Mart will get more in. It was a miracle that they got in the one shipment.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2003, 07:30 PM »
Seems these are hitting KB's now...
Nothing around here yet but I guess we'll see...

OH and of course they are at the famous KB markup... $5.99  ::)
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: October 9, 2003, 01:49 AM »
Thank God I hadn't resorted to eBay quite yet.  I had placed some bids, but the were REALLY low, so as I'd either win them for dirt cheap or not at all.  Wasn't quite ready to go all out for them and pay much more than retail value.  Glad I didn't.  I've been working the trading boards over hardcore the past several weeks, and have still only come up with 4 sets (out of the 6 I need for the carded and loose collections).  I paid cost for them in these trades, so I guess technically I've "overpaid" for them (above retail) when you factore in shipping.  But that's OK.  Just playing it safe!

KB having them for only $5.99 still ain't too bad at all.  What were they at WM?  $4.50?  For $6 each, I'll live, and be happy with them.  Now the question is, will KB be getting a similar "run" of these, where they're in one day, and gone the next... forever?  If so, better move quick again, since the WM sets all seemed to hit in the same weekend across the country, and then were GONE!

SilverZ

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 03:41 PM »
Well, I caved and overpaid - $12 each. But I'm compensated with the sense of security that I at least HAVE a set now.  8)

It's so frustrating to see a WM store display filled with GI Joe and Transformers value packs in mass numbers for weeks on end, and there was about a 1-day window for the Star Wars ones. Lame.

I just hope to find these at KB so I can have an opener set sometime soon and that they ordered in better quantities. Fingers crossed!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 03:47 PM »
I haven't found these in stores yet, but I'm not going to let the scalpers win just yet.  I am trying to acquire these through trades, or to at least buy them from people in the different Star Wars related forums.  I hate scalpers, and buying from them just encourages them to continue doing their scalping.   >:(

I still haven't found these in stores yet.  I did get one through a trade thanks to Brad (AngryEwok).  I am not and will not resort to eBay.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 03:52 PM »
Well, people around here have just been scooping up as many of these sets as possible.  A bunch of KayBee stores near me got them, and the value packs have just flown out the doors.  I've only seen them once at retail thus far.  And I've never seen the ARC Trooper on my own.  It's kind of depressing, honestly.  I think either the scalpers are back into Star Wars (after laying off us during 2002), or there's an overabundance of army builders around here.  It's made getting these and the Clone Trooper 3-packs near impossible.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 03:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback