Author Topic: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!
« on: September 30, 2003, 11:55 AM »
Now open for business

12" Ultimate Jango Fett
Jorg Sacul
Kitik Keek'Kak -Mos Eisley Cantina Set
Playskool Millennium Falcon

Are on the block first, must be registered at Hasbro.com

www.jedimasterpoints.com

:-*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 11:56 AM by OCB »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 12:03 PM »
That is so freakin' cool!  There's 8 days left on the current auctions, so I'm gonna have to see how these end up.
dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 12:26 PM »
My beliefs are coming true.  We the common folk are all doomed.  Kitak is already going for 3000 points the first day.  This thing will end up around 10-12000 points if it continues.  Anyone want to take my points in trade?  I only need a Sacul and Toyfair Vader ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 12:40 PM »
Nothing I want yet but at least it's started!!  Reminds me of the 7-up auctions I am in, same type of format.  I guess this is similiar to the 'ploids' auctions that were mentioned before.  

As for the auction prices...I have around 4,000 points so it will be interesting to see if I end up with something "exclusive" down the road.....
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 01:49 PM »
I didn't even bother counting my points because

A: People will bid without knowing how many points they actually have
B: I thought I'd have most of the stuff anyway
C: The whole idea is stoopid

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 01:56 PM »
Since there's nothing that's been released that I still need, including the VHTF exlcusives, I was figuring I wouldn't even waste my time with these auctions or on even trying to figure out how many JMPs I have (which I would guess might be close to the 5 digit range).

But upon seeing the Kitik Cantina figure up there already, I'm now contemplating starting to look through all my figures and vehicles to see where I stand.  I'll probably watch the auction for another day or two to see how crazy it gets before deciding if I want to join the fray.  If they throw up the other Cantina wave 2 figures, or that "in-limbo" second wave of Target Accessory Sets, then I'm really going to start JMP digging!  Wasn't really expecting these things to show up in the mix, but with the Kitik figure, Hasbro's got me a little interested now...  Though I'm sure these things will fly through the roof for absolutely outrageous amounts of JMPs.  :-\

Nice to see a Sacul in there, and the Playskool Falcon was a very tough find so a good choice for inclusion as well.  But what's with the 12" shelf warming Jango?  ::)  It'll be interesting to see what the TF Vader goes for when it gets put up on the block.

What I find truly assinine are the people spending a hundred or more bucks in eBay auctions to acquire a few thousand JMPs, when those same idiots could've just taken their hundred bucks and gotten pretty much anything on eBay that they're going to otherwise be bidding on with their newly acquired JMPs (sans TF Vader of course).  Silly really...

Well, should prove entertaining to watch, if nothing else.  So, what are the consequences for "non-paying" bidders?  Just a revocation of your silly little Hasbro account?  I didn't bother to read through their 17 pages of rules, so I don't know...  :P
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 01:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 01:57 PM »
Like you said Scott, how many deadbeat bidders will there be?  I guarantee people will bid tons of points that they do not even have.  This whole auction will be screwed up within a month.  Then what?  People should of had to send in there points to get some kind of redemption coupon and got registered beforehand through Hasbro.  That way Hasbro would have known exactly how many points each member really had and could of tracked everything.  This whole working on ones honesty will be its downfall.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 03:11 PM »
Scott said it best.

This is stoopid.

And what's worse, overseas and Canucks are out of it entirely yet they too have been buying SW crap with JMP's, and have heard the same promises of "You will be able to use these, hold onto them", and now they're just SOL I guess.

I've had my points separated for a while, but not counted.  I doubt I have enough to compete.  I'll just have to hoep the Ktik figure and the other wave 2 Cantina sets make it to retail sometime because I highly doubt I'm gonna be able to win one in this fiasco.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 03:25 PM »
There are some nice choices to bid on, and I was all excited for Kitik there for a second, but yeah, stoopid.  There's little point in even trying.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 03:30 PM »
Methinks one could seriously screw with these auctions...just bid 30,000 points on Kitik and I bet you get outbid

Any predicitions where these will end?

10 Saculs  12000
Kitik           25000
12" Jango  5000
Falcon        7000

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 04:40 PM »
Right, Stoopid.

One of the stoopidest ideas Hasbro has come up with in quite some time.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 04:56 PM »
Looks like the stoopid site is down...this wasn't supposed to go live until tomorrow...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 04:58 PM »
Right, Stoopid.

One of the stoopidest ideas Hasbro has come up with in quite some time.

I will agree with almost everyone here who said this is a stoopid ideal Hasbro has made.  Too many people don't have a chance at the start of these acutions in the first place: Oustside USA, Carded collectors, and kids (Then again would they want some of this stuff?)
Second people will mess with the auctions.  
I wish they would of had a promotion like they use to have for GIJoe's when I was a kid some items in a catelog that you could trade points for.  

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 05:39 PM »
WTF??? ??? >:(

This is Hasbro's worst idea EVER!!! Who the heck has more than 30,000 points to bid on the Cantina Alien? This is proof of what a stupid idea this is, and even more proff that Hasbro should've done a Mail-Away Promotion instead.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 11:13 PM »
Exclusive figure limited to 2 per household would've suited things better I think...  The mass exodus of people cashing in their points for an item is supposedly what worried Hasbro about doing an exclusive figure, so why not limit it?

Oh well...  They've made their decision I guess.

I may wind up just keeping mine and seeing if they wind up doing another offer another day.  I mean, it isn't like winning a Ktik is an option for me (And I have a TON of JMP's) even so may as well hang onto them since the rest of what's offered probably won't interest me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77