Author Topic: Angel Season 5 *Spoilers*  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Angel Season 5 *Spoilers*
« on: October 2, 2003, 02:39 AM »
OK, I'm sure someone else here had to watch it (or tape it, like I did.) Anyway, what did you think of the first episode of the new season?

Stop here if you don't want spoilers and stuff.

Harmony. The most annoying-as-piss character EVER is working for Angel, at Wolfram & Hart. Gunn gets smart, Wes rocks a 5-o'-clock shadow in the morning, Angel does his thing, Lorne is there, and Fred shows us all the dangers of anorexia. (Damn, she's fine though.)

Spike arrives at the end of the first episode, coming out of a cloud of dust that comes from the amulet Angel gave Buffy who in turn gave it to Spike in the final 'Buffy' episode. He arrives much to Angel's and Wes' chagrin, and Harmony is...glad to see him I guess.

I just got into Angel this past year, so I'm not exactly hip about the first two seasons. But I liked this a lot. A lack of Cordy must be why Harmony is there.

Thoughts?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Season 5 *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2003, 10:34 PM »
I guess it's you and me ;)

I waffle back and forth on Angel as a series all the time.  Mostly because I seldom catch it the first time around due to the kid.  If I do get to see it, it's usually half over so I end up being more confused than usual.

I like the series but where'd Cordelia go ???  She's a) hot and b) cool since coming over from Buffy.  I think they did an excellent job developing her character.  I'd be sad if she was gone.  

Fred needs a cheeseburger.  Badly.  But yeah, she's all right, just not as a role model for young women.  Maybe 90 pounds with bricks in each hand.  Blech.

Wesley still irritates the crap out of me, Lorne is meh, ok, and Gunn is fine.  

Harmony ::) does nothing for me and bringing Spike back is weird.  

BTW, haven't seen the premiere simply because we lag a week or two behind in Canada.  No idea why, but we do.  Keep me posted. 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2003, 01:27 AM »
Apparently Cordy's in a coma or something, Wes and Angel touch on the issue briefly in the episode.

Wes doesn't bother me as much here as he did on 'Buffy'. He was intolerable then. >:(

I missed about half of last season's episodes, so I'm not sure what happened to Cordy, only that she's not there now.

It'll be nice to see if Spike still has a soul or not, or even if he was really dead.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2003, 04:47 AM »
I got into Angel big late in season 3, and I really enjoyed this first episode.  At first I was a little worried about all the trappings of W&H overwhelming the show's dynamic (i.e. the swat guys) but Angel felt like I did and they all died.  I dig Gunn the lawyer, and the already present sense that this was the biggest mistake they ever made.

Don't like Eve.  Where's Lilah?  She could act.  And was beautiful.

Spike... it's about time.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 3, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Don't like Eve.  Where's Lilah?  She could act.  And was beautiful.

Yep, I was a big Lilah fan too.  IIRC she bit it last season when Cordelia took her out with a knife to the heart.  That was at the end of an episode and I never saw the next one, so not sure if it really happened, if she's really dead or if it was really Cordelia.  

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2003, 03:24 PM »
Yeah, Lilah did indeed bite it, but then through the complexities of her contract with W&H, she was back at the end of the season.  Hmm.  Maybe she'll show up again down the line.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2003, 03:32 PM »
Just struck me that the phrase "bit it" or " bite it" might not be so suitable when discussing this series.  Too obvious a pun, perhaps. :-*  And misleading in this case.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 3, 2003, 11:36 PM »
To clarify: when Lilah was stabbed in the neck with a mystical dagger type thingy by Cordelia and subsequently beheaded by her former lover Wesley since no one could be sure she wasn't bitten by a vampire.

And then she came back.   :-*

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2003, 01:27 PM »
I enjoyed the episode...

Angel's "One thing about me, I have no problem spanking men." and Harmony's "Blondie Bear!" comments were priceless.

That thing Angel did with the Swat guy's shotgun was also priceless.  I think that is the first time he killed a human being as 'good' Angel...

Also, about Corde, after she was evil last year, she gave birth to Jasmine, and has since been in the coma.  Supposedly she will awake later on in the season or next and her storyline will be done.  However, noone will come clear as to why she was fired from the cast....

Can't wait to see more of Spike...and hopefully Buffy will do a cameo or two....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 4, 2003, 05:04 PM »
Oh yeah, it was great when Angel blew that dude's head off. He had it coming though.

I wonder if the Swat team will work against Angel now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2003, 08:48 PM »
OK, Spike's a ghost now. Methinks that probably won't last too long.

And I wish I had Angel's garage. Viper, Trans Am, Mustang fastback, it's like a Motor Trend reader's wet dream.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2003, 11:09 PM »
Me, too.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 05:50 PM »
OK, last week's episode had a werewolf chick. Apparently, the director of photography knew she had a great rack, because it featured prominently into every scene she was in.

This week's episode featured Spike being toyed with by the reaper. I'm not sure if it's THE reaper, but he's still pretty sick. Spike's still a ghost, despite Fred's efforts, but Spike is beginning to be able to move things, so it'll be interesting to see if he stays a ghost forever.
Angel is apparently losing his faith in the Shansu prophecy, but maybe he was just having a bad day.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2003, 07:23 PM »
I'm a bit surprised they haven't made more about the prophecy now that Spike is on the show.  Clearly Angel was the vampire of the prophecy, but now with Spike and his soul and his quasi-ghostiness, Angel can't be sure, and neither can we, I suppose.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2003, 10:27 PM »
I wonder if Spike can even be classified as 'vampire' any more. He's got a soul and  he's a ghostie. Have to wait and see, I guess.