Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Jedi Knight 2 Outcast Help

(1/2) > >>

Darth Kenobi:
I just started to replay this game and am stuck in the second level where you have to hitch a ride on those mining cars things (after you destory the melting pot thing).  I get on the car and ride it till I'm at the door on the other side but I die since theres a blue force feild right behind the door.  I can't figure out how to get that thing down any ideals on how I can get throught this.  THanks Tom

BobaShek:
Are you talking about the garbage hauler-things? If you are, before you come to the force field there's a switch that you have to change with Force pull. At least, that's how I remember it. :)

Jesse James:
Yeah, I think Boba Shek's on the right path at least, if not 100% correct.

It's been AGES since I played that level but I recall getting stuck for a few minutes at that puzzle too while I had to figure it out.  It's amazing how using the force doesn't come as a natural instinct in the game for a while.  Gives it a slightly more realistic feel.

I was sorta disappointed with Outcast so I've not really played it again or I'd be better help.  I went through it like 5 times total just to make sure I played it thoroughly and I've not gone back to it.

I do recall the force pull being used in that area though, and that it was a frustrating puzzle.

Darth Kenobi:

--- Quote from: BobaShek on October  3, 2003, 08:18 PM ---Are you talking about the garbage hauler-things? If you are, before you come to the force field there's a switch that you have to change with Force pull. At least, that's how I remember it. :)

--- End quote ---

THanks for the reply but I don't think I'm on this level since I don't have any force powers.  I will try to descirbe the level more:
Its the level after you are talked to Mon Motha about the cystals (once you finsih the very first level at the Imperial Base) and you are in a mining colony which the Imps. have taken over.  I'm in the colony and there is a Melting Pot type thing which you have to disable before you can safely stay in the room or you get cooked.  

BobaShek:
Oh! Now I remember what you're talking about! Unfortunately, I forget myself what to do, so I'll try to find a Walkthrough for that part for you.

EDIT: Ah, here we go:

--- Quote ---Go outside, on the catwalk, and follow it to you reach a room.  Kill the
Officers inside, and use the shield converter if you must.  Notice the two
doors that lead to a hole outside the glass.  You might want to save your game
here, for you're going to need to do things fast.  Drop down into that hole,
and quickly rush into the tunnel.  If you start to take damage, then you're in
trouble.  Out of the tunnel, notice the protected central structure.  To turn
the shield off, shoot at the four red pipes to the left and right of it to turn
it off.  Then shoot the central structure to stop the room from frying you with
its radiation/heat.  Take the lift up and then walk on the support beams that
lead up over one of those trams.  Jump on it when it's below you, and then duck
as it leaves the room, or you'll take damage.

-From the Walkthrough written by "Legomondo"
--- End quote ---

Does that help? The whole Walkthrough can be found here if you ever need it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version