Author Topic: Jedi Knight 2 Outcast Help  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jedi Knight 2 Outcast Help
« on: October 3, 2003, 07:53 PM »
I just started to replay this game and am stuck in the second level where you have to hitch a ride on those mining cars things (after you destory the melting pot thing).  I get on the car and ride it till I'm at the door on the other side but I die since theres a blue force feild right behind the door.  I can't figure out how to get that thing down any ideals on how I can get throught this.  THanks Tom

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Knight 2 Outcast Help
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2003, 08:18 PM »
Are you talking about the garbage hauler-things? If you are, before you come to the force field there's a switch that you have to change with Force pull. At least, that's how I remember it. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2003, 08:39 PM »
Yeah, I think Boba Shek's on the right path at least, if not 100% correct.

It's been AGES since I played that level but I recall getting stuck for a few minutes at that puzzle too while I had to figure it out.  It's amazing how using the force doesn't come as a natural instinct in the game for a while.  Gives it a slightly more realistic feel.

I was sorta disappointed with Outcast so I've not really played it again or I'd be better help.  I went through it like 5 times total just to make sure I played it thoroughly and I've not gone back to it.

I do recall the force pull being used in that area though, and that it was a frustrating puzzle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2003, 08:49 PM »
Are you talking about the garbage hauler-things? If you are, before you come to the force field there's a switch that you have to change with Force pull. At least, that's how I remember it. :)

THanks for the reply but I don't think I'm on this level since I don't have any force powers.  I will try to descirbe the level more:
Its the level after you are talked to Mon Motha about the cystals (once you finsih the very first level at the Imperial Base) and you are in a mining colony which the Imps. have taken over.  I'm in the colony and there is a Melting Pot type thing which you have to disable before you can safely stay in the room or you get cooked.  

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2003, 11:06 AM »
Oh! Now I remember what you're talking about! Unfortunately, I forget myself what to do, so I'll try to find a Walkthrough for that part for you.

EDIT: Ah, here we go:

Go outside, on the catwalk, and follow it to you reach a room.  Kill the
Officers inside, and use the shield converter if you must.  Notice the two
doors that lead to a hole outside the glass.  You might want to save your game
here, for you're going to need to do things fast.  Drop down into that hole,
and quickly rush into the tunnel.  If you start to take damage, then you're in
trouble.  Out of the tunnel, notice the protected central structure.  To turn
the shield off, shoot at the four red pipes to the left and right of it to turn
it off.  Then shoot the central structure to stop the room from frying you with
its radiation/heat.  Take the lift up and then walk on the support beams that
lead up over one of those trams.  Jump on it when it's below you, and then duck
as it leaves the room, or you'll take damage.

-From the Walkthrough written by "Legomondo"

Does that help? The whole Walkthrough can be found here if you ever need it. :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2003, 12:01 AM »
Oh! Now I remember what you're talking about! Unfortunately, I forget myself what to do, so I'll try to find a Walkthrough for that part for you.

EDIT: Ah, here we go:

Go outside, on the catwalk, and follow it to you reach a room.  Kill the
Officers inside, and use the shield converter if you must.  Notice the two
doors that lead to a hole outside the glass.  You might want to save your game
here, for you're going to need to do things fast.  Drop down into that hole,
and quickly rush into the tunnel.  If you start to take damage, then you're in
trouble.  Out of the tunnel, notice the protected central structure.  To turn
the shield off, shoot at the four red pipes to the left and right of it to turn
it off.  Then shoot the central structure to stop the room from frying you with
its radiation/heat.  Take the lift up and then walk on the support beams that
lead up over one of those trams.  Jump on it when it's below you, and then duck
as it leaves the room, or you'll take damage.

-From the Walkthrough written by "Legomondo"

Does that help? The whole Walkthrough can be found here if you ever need it. :)

Thanks BobaShek I found out where I was suppose to go last night after I saw a cave in  the side of a wall.  I finally got out of that level and have gotten to a point I haven't been  since I got the game.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 06:35 PM »
Is this on Cube or PC?  If Cube, how do you guys like it?

-Fish-

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 04:55 PM »
I don't know that Jedi Outcast ever was released on Gamecube or not...  

I make it a rule to play FPS games on PC generally.  The format for using a gamepad and playing a FPS doesn't jive well with me (Though I used to love using a joystick and keyboard, but even that's faded IMO).

A good example of how mouse/keyboard is superior is the recent PC port of Halo.  The aiming/movement physics weren't really changed between the X-Box version and the PC port, and there's a VERY noticeable difference.  For PC users, it means the aiming in Halo is really simple.  They "dumb it down" (for lack of a better phrase), basically, for the consoles...  So now the PC version you just point guns in the general direction of enemies and can hit them.  There's little skill involved, and accuracy's all but forgotten.  

FPS's generally control better on PC though, and more "realistically", and with a little more skill involved.  Another good example of ports not translating well is the entire Medal of Honor series.  In PC, there's intense skill and speed involved in aiming...  It's a PC-based series actually.  But, the ports of MOH which just basically scripted a "new"/similar version of a game on the PC engine and ported it to the console's format has a really crappy aiming system that didn't translate well over to console.  Subsequently I give all the MOH console games pretty low ratings compared to Allied Assault, Spearhead, and Breakthrough.  

Of course, NONE of them are comparing to that last WW2 FPS game I played by the makers of Castle Wolfenstein...  Forget the title now all of a sudden but it's a REALLY intense game, and ran smooth as silk on my machine with pretty high graphics settings.

Anyway, back to the topic...

The PC version of Outcast is great, so I'd recommend nabbing it if you can Louie...  I don't think it was ported to the Cube, just X-Box...  But since we all have PC's it's still an option anyway. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77