Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Sets - Opened or Boxed?  (Read 12126 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
25th Anniversary Sets - Opened or Boxed?
« on: October 6, 2003, 12:52 PM »
I was curious how many of you have your 25th Anniversary sets displayed.  Personally, I open everything I buy...figures, ships, beasts, etc....but for some reason I have left these boxed so far.  I guess I just like how they look in the packaging.  But, I have been thinking about opening them up for space reasons as well.  How do you have yours displayed....and if you do have them opened up, are they able to be opened in a way that you could put them back in the box if you wanted to?  Thanks!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Anniversary Sets - Opened or Boxed?
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2003, 01:36 PM »
Well, I'm a non-opener so I have them sitting on a shelve side by each for display.

The clear plastic tag sheets that seal the box on the edges of the top & bottom. There are also 2 tabs on the back. These 2 you have to undo first then undo the tabs around the edges, top to bottom carefully. The whole plastic sheet that seals the box will come off then remove the bottom cardboard. There are twist ties that hold the plastic base & the figures to the base. Untwist from the bottom & wala!

Your all set to display loose. You can put the cardboard bottom back on & replace the clear sheet & store the box & put the figures back in at a later date.

Not bad for like I said, I am an non-opener but I just did this so this is the first time I have opened one up & that was fun!  ;D
It went back together without a hitch & it looks like it was never opened.

Though I will not convert to being an opener in the future!  :P

Now I'm going to hear about this from the gang!  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2003, 08:44 PM »
I left these boxed myself.

They were really just display and observe pieces, and in their boxes they look kinda nice, but I found that they looked a little worse when opened up.  Or that's my opinion anyway.

They will make a nice centerpiece kind of thing I think, again I get around to organizing my collection and displaying it properly.  Kind of like the silver figures and such.

This from a guy that opens almost everything he gets. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2003, 09:10 PM »
Mine are all boxed, and I don't have any plans on opening them up.  They look great packaged, so why open them?
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2003, 09:38 PM »
Both, as always!  8)  But if I had to choose one way or another, my personal preferance would probably be to leave these particular sets in their boxes, since they look pretty spiffy that way.  But if I was at all good at customizing and diorama building, I'd be popping these bad boys out real quick, and sticking them in their appropriate scenes.  I'd fashion a guess that's what Bobb will likely be doing with at least two of these sets, as he completes a few more levels in his brilliant custom Death Star...

They look great packaged, so why open them?

I don't think we're going to answer that question now, since the answer would be fairly obvious...   ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2003, 03:37 AM »
I have each set open and another one still in the package.  I lik these figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2003, 03:42 PM »
I have mine sealed still.  I too consider them display type pieces.  If I could get another set uber cheap, I'd probably open them.  

I'm more opener than not these days and some pieces just look better in the packaging.  This is one of those cases for me.  I like cinema scenes (the old 3 packs) better in the package too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2003, 04:38 PM »
It's still possible to get the Luke & Leia set and the Han & Chewy set at a pretty cheap price at KayBee.  The Vader & Ben set is tougher though.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2003, 12:46 AM »
Thanks.

Walmart in Eastern Canada (well, a couple anyway) are clearing them at $5 Cdn (or about $3.50 US).  The last time a sale like that happened out east, we got the same stuff about 6 weeks later, so I'm hoping they come in.  Not much else in the sale though.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2003, 05:13 AM »
Well, these sets are pretty cool if you're making a Death Star diorama.  The Luke & Leia fit somewhat awkwardly on the POTF2 lightbridge playset.  That's kinda cool.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2003, 02:42 PM »
I just got that playset with the hopes they might fit somewhere on there.  Providing I convince myself to open the box.   ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2003, 02:59 PM »
The platform hangs over the edges of the POTF2 platform a little, but it holds in place.  I've had it sitting there for some time now.  Plus, the grappling hook will attach to the overhead bar.

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 12:12 AM »
Matt hit the nail on the head, the Vader/Kenobi scene and the Luke/Leia scene will have places in my Death Star.

I bought an extra (clearanced) Luke/Leia set just for the base last year and stuck a pair of stormtroopers on it to complement the real sets.

Right now I've got them all opened and lined up on a shelf, along with an open Silver R2 paired with TC-14 to commemorate the "silver" anniversary.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2004, 06:25 AM »
Open.
I can't help myself as I have to move an arm or a leg, take their guns, put them back. Move their legs and heads and then return them to the only positions that they were capable of anyway ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2004, 08:11 PM »
I opened them, just like everything else except Silver R2 and Twilight Frodo.

That Obi-Wan sculpt is the best Hasbro has done for Old Ben, IMO.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk