Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84770 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA Offseason
« Reply #570 on: September 2, 2004, 04:59 PM »
He basically "had to" say that stuff.  It was part of their "deal" for her to drop the charges and bring an end to the case.

Actually, this is what all the local news media outlets are reporting here.  That's all...

But yeah, I don't think he did it, and not because he's one of our local sports stars.  But perhaps you're right on the fact that the victims often don't want to testify.  But I think this chick's got about a million other problems and "issues" beyond that.  3 suicide attempts this year?  Wants to become an actress?   ::)  I don't think she's altogether there.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2004, 05:04 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 2, 2004, 08:29 PM »
Matt, while I don't necessarily disagree with you about her, I'm not sure she's been treated entirely fairly.  Being a nutbar and the biggest skank in the world doesn't entitle anyone to rape her.  Maybe my mind was poisoned by all the propaganda in my year's at University that was put out by the Womyn's centre ::), but no still means no up to any point where the woman changes her mind. 

And I'm not entirely convinced that suicide attempts are entirely out of the realm of possibility for a rape victim.  I'll certainly agree that it makes her less than entirely mentally stable, there might just be a reason for that. 

I'm still left wondering who leaked out her personal information from the court.  Prosecution perhaps?  Naw, courts don't work that way and the media is above reproach, right?  Never, ever mess up a quote or misrepresent to get better headlines.  Certainly there's never any hometown media bias.   ::)

BTW, isn't LA filled with aspiring actresses?

What a total waste of a ton of people's time and money (and possibly a Lakers championship) she just caused over the past year.

A waste of money yes.  Time, perhaps. 

A championship?  Not hardly.  He managed to play an entire season, make it through the playoffs, the Lakers winning quite handily until the finals and then they gassed it in 5 to the Pistons?  With all due respect, pull your head out of your ass.  This no more affected the championship that my having a hangnail at the same time.  After all, he was innocent, what did he have to worry about?  Not like someone did something to him against his will, like non-consensual sex.  After all, he admitted that and we're believing what we see in the media, right? 

And with that, yes, I will drop it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #572 on: September 3, 2004, 05:59 PM »
Well, I'm obviously by no means suggesting that any of those issues in and of themselves equate to "not being able to be raped"...  I'm certainly not that narrowminded or niave.  I'm just saying that everything about her lends itself to her being a person of very questionable character in the first place.  I agree that she hasn't been fairly treated throughout the trial though, but I consider that a separate issue for the most part.

Not to mention she's supposedly had sex with a whole ton of guys, none of which she seemed to have any problems with whatsoever (and all of whom were substantially less famous and rich than Kobe was).  Granted, NO still means no, and I'm sure she's not necessarily open to every guy's advances, and someone who may be considered extremely permiscuous (a ****/ho), can definitely still technically be raped.

I just think in this particular instance that it's a case of a person being targeted for his celebrity.  Yeah, Kobe cheated, and that's BAD.  But I don't think he raped her.  But despite everything I think about the girl, ANYTHING is certainly possible.  Doubtful, but possible.

Same concept applies however for this somehow affecting the Lakers in the Finals.  Doubtful, but anything's possible.

And with that, yes, I will drop it too.   :-*
« Last Edit: September 4, 2004, 01:25 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 5, 2004, 10:00 PM »

And with that, yes, I will drop it too.   :-*

Does this mean we're on speaking terms again, or do you still hate me? :-X

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #574 on: September 5, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Huh?!   ???

Don't be a dumbass, you dumbass!  You're one of my best pals on the net, ya' big dodo!  Just 'cause you're a dumbass when it comes to all things Kobe, that doesn't mean I hate you!   :P

****...   ::)

You know I love you Bug!   :-*

P.S.  You still haven't gotten my package yet?!?   :-\
« Last Edit: September 5, 2004, 10:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 5, 2004, 10:46 PM »
Nope, no package yet.  Hung up in customs I presume.  Nothing unusual about that at all.  I'll let ya know when it arrives. 

Kobe sucks :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #576 on: September 8, 2004, 08:06 PM »
From CNNSI.com:

The Timberwolves are making a serious effort to sign Karl Malone.
 -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

:o

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #577 on: September 8, 2004, 10:22 PM »
The Timberwolves are making a serious effort to sign Karl Malone.
 -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

::)

Ugh.  There was a lot of chatter today on the news about ditching WallyWorld in Favor of the Mailman.  Can't say I'm too thrilled about that one... maybe we could sign Malone and trade Wally for "The Glove" GPayton too?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #578 on: September 8, 2004, 10:26 PM »
I read the big thing was because San Antonio was also looking at the old fossil.  He's got about an ounce of gas left in the tank...he might be worth a look if he's willing to sign for the minimum

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 8, 2004, 10:37 PM »
I read the big thing was because San Antonio was also looking at the old fossil.  He's got about an ounce of gas left in the tank...he might be worth a look if he's willing to sign for the minimum

Spot duty only.  Not worth much more.  Could be a decent bench guy with limited minutes, but not sure if he'd take the role. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 9, 2004, 12:00 PM »
CNNSI.com had an interesting article discussing who will be the new "villain" of the NBA, discussing the Lakers.  You can check it out HERE  I found it funny (and nice) to see that someone else noticed that Kobe tries to mimick his speech patterns and mannerisms after Michael Jordan.  My friend and I always wondered if it was just us.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #581 on: September 11, 2004, 05:13 AM »
Good article there Brian.  Helps me to better understand the constant whining and moaning from those Minnesota pissants 'round here year after year...   ::)

So the local news channels out here were reporting tonight that at the very last minute, Karl Malone just re-enrolled his daughters into the LA school(s) they were in before...

Sounds like it may very well be L.A. for him after all...  But who the hell knows?!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 05:21 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #582 on: September 16, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Failed deal from CNNSI.com:

There was also a reported three-team deal that would have had Kidd traded to Minnesota in a trade involving the Nets and Knicks. New York would have gotten Aaron Williams and Wally Szczerbiak while the Nets would have gotten Kurt Thomas, Sam Cassell and Ervin Johnson.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #583 on: September 23, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Heard another rumor: Wally and Kandi for Vince Carter :drool:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 23, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Heard another rumor: Wally and Kandi for Vince Carter :drool:

Ooo...that would be nice.  I know some people aren't real high on Vinsanity anymore, but the guy can play some hoop.  Plus, Wally and Kandi for him would be a good deal I think.  Probably won't happen, but interesting anyways.

Also, I read on CNNSi.com that there are rumblings that Jordan may be considering (another) comeback with the Miami Heat.  Sources include Kiki Vandewedge, the Miami paper, and Shaquille O'Neal (who claims Jordan has left several messages on his machine).  You can read it over at CNNSI.com, under that "Truth and Rumors" area.  Now, I'm as big of a Jordan fan as the next guy...and really, really enjoyed watching him play...but the constant retiring/unretiring thing is getting a little silly now.  I also heard somewhere that if Jordan did come back, that Karl Malone would sign on too.  I can just see it now, Dwayne Wade waiting at the other end of the court for the old men and Shaq to catch up to him :P  It would definitely be interesting though, and I do think Jordan could contribute, as long as he didn't have to be the star of the team.  If he could play 20-25 minutes a night, and go for 12/3/3 type numbers, he could fit in with them well.  Anyways, food for thought....