Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84769 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2004, 02:48 AM »
Some huge matchups the last couple nights!  The Timberwolves showed their true form again, dropping the Nets and their 14 game winning streak down the toilet last night!   8)  Tonight's Spurs/Mavs game was a little disappointing with the huge blowout and Duncan getting injured.  But the Kings/Lakers game was definitely a thriller!  I was really surprised the Kings beat them IN L.A. and without Brad Miller, Bobby Jackson, and of course Webber.  But Peja and Bibby couldn't be stopped from the outside.  Atrocious D by the Lakers, and just all around uninspired play.  No idea why Kobe settled for a 30 footer to end the game either.  Could've easily just gone for two to tie, with a whole 14 seconds left on the clock to work with.  Weird.  Can't figure those guys out some times.

Still fun to see a couple great matchups on national television like that though.  Wish they could do that more often!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: March 2, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Ugly loss by the Pups the other night...Sixers were playing without Iverson and Big Dog and they still crushed them.  Big game tomorrow night as the Mavs come to town...Spurs lost last night too! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: March 2, 2004, 10:58 AM »
Yeah, that's a real bummer there Scott.   :-*

I assume folks also caught the blowout score that the Lakers posted over the Nets on Sunday (Kobe had a triple double)...   8)  Aside from the hiccup against the Kings last week, we be rollin'!  News reports suggest that the Mailman is finally coming back sometime in the next week too, so ya'll better watch out!

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 2, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Go Nuggets!   Melo, thanks for being the best thing to come to Denver since #7
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline D-Miles23

• Youngling
  • I like Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 2, 2004, 10:30 PM »
How the hell did the Hawks beat the Lakers? And no, the fact that Kobe didn't play is not an excuse, I mean it's THE HAWKS!
Yahtzee

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: March 3, 2004, 12:17 AM »
Yeah, that wasn't pretty...   ::)

And no, the fact that Kobe didn't play is not an excuse...

True, it's the Hawks, and we should've won regardless (especially considering we waxed them by over 40 points the last time we played them).  But I've got to say that had Kobe been there, I'm sure he would've made at least a 2 point difference, which would've given us the win.  But oh well.

I'm also sure Kobe would've swished that 7 foot, uncontested jumper in the lane that Payton bricked for the game winner.  Then Shaq and Devean missed three tips right after that.  Pathetic...  The NBA's a weird place.  We wallop the Nets one night, then get spanked by the Hawks two nights later.  Go figure...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: March 4, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Not so weird...KG and the Wolves CRUSHED the Mavs last night...I'm getting really pumped for the Playoffs right now...21 games left of the regular season...Aaaawoooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 4, 2004, 10:40 AM »
Yeah, that was a great game Scott.  I wasn't surprised that Minnesota won, but a little bit surprised by the score.  I'm getting psyched for the playoffs too, I really think the 'Wolves have a decent shot this year.  KG is just unbelievable, and if he doesn't get the MVP this year, I'll be quite upset :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: March 4, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Right now

#1 Sacramento
#2 Minnesota
#3 San Antonio
#4 Dallas
#5 LA
#6 Memphis
#7 Houston
#8 Denver

The Spurs could easily drop from #3 to #5 if Duncan is out for a while still...I think the Kings and Wolves are locks for #1 and #2 and I'm not scared of either Houston, Denver or the other possible 8 seeds (Utah or Portland)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: March 4, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Settle down Scott.  The higher you allow your hopes to get, the more heartbreaking it's going to be when you get stomped by my boys in the playoffs.  Best for you to just expect the worst, 'cause I'm sure once we hit the games that really matter, it'll be business as usual (in the historical sense) for the Pups...   :-*

BTW, Kobe had 13 assists and hit the game winner with 32 seconds last night.   8)

Love always,
Laker Fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2004, 06:19 PM »
Just needed to bump this thread back up so I could talk some $h!t to a certain goofy ass Celtic fan here, after we stuck it to them last night, ending their 6-game winning streak.  Sorry B.  Better luck next decade, my friend...   :-*

Kobe made a surprise appearance in that game, coming back after only two games out with a wrecked right shoulder that the doctors said would keep him out for about a month.  Shot like crap, but still scored 18, with 10 dimes.  What a stud!   8)

Malone's supposedly due back for the upcoming Minnesota game.  Whether he makes it or not, I predict that Scott's team is gonna get manhandled like a bunch of little sissy-girls!  Already starting your slide a bit in recent weeks too, I see.  Better keep your butts above San Antonio in the Midwest, or you might just be eyeing another first round Playoff exit...   ::)

Meanwhile, off in that "other" league known as the East, the Pacers keep chugging along under everyone's radar, with the best (though artificially inflated) record in the league.  The Nets and Pistons will make it tough on them though.

So where the hell is everyone?  You guys all afraid of the Laker smackdown in here?!   ;D  Or do I just sound too much like 4-LOSW that I'm scaring everyone away...?   :P  What say you?!  Support your "no chance at the Title" teams!  Talk some smack at me!  I getting bored...   ::)

- Laker Fanatic

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2004, 01:01 AM »
I'm not talking about my team until after tomorrow night :-X  BTW I will be there again, me and my pally pal are going and will buy scalper tickets to get in...Kooooooooooooooooobbeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Kooooooooooooooooooooooooobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Losing 3 out of 4 has me nervous, Duncan goes down for 5 games and the Spurs gained two on the Wolves :-\

Teams go through slumps, heck look at the Denver Nuggets in the 90's, I'm hoping this is just a 4 game thing and tomorrow night the Pups will kick the Lakers asses again!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Fab Four Reunion

We're comin' for you.   :-*

BTW, Colorado Supreme Court upheld their district court's decision to ignore the Colorado "Rape Shield Law" just this once - so the accuser is fair game for any and all questioning.  She's going to get lambasted by Kobe's lawyers, and he's going to get off.  There's already rumors floating around now (after that decision was handed down today) that they might just drop the case altogether...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2004, 01:50 PM »
If you stare real hard at that pic, you can make out what will happen to the Lakers in '04-'05...here it is

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2004, 01:55 PM »
If you stare real hard at that pic, you can make out what will happen to the Lakers in '04-'05...here it is

LOL ;D - I must admit...that is funny.  Almost as funny as your artistic work on Malone's crutch.  Put the crayola down my friend :o.

-Fish-