Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84789 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #45 on: January 5, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Just wanted to thank you Matt for not pointing out what the score was in one of those three games they won :-X :-[  I was waiting and waiting but nothing....

Yeah, I let you off the hook on that one B...

You're welcome!   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2004, 11:26 PM »
You my friend won't be as lucky

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 7, 2004, 12:14 AM »
 ;D

oh.  sorry.  I meant  :-X

;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: January 7, 2004, 01:02 AM »
You my friend won't be as lucky

Damned peckerhead!   >:(

Taunt me now, and I'll taunt you later - when it really counts...   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: January 8, 2004, 12:55 AM »
The Lakers slide is getting absolutely embarrasing.  This is ridiculous...   ::)  Just 'cause Shaq and the Mailman are sidelined, doesn't mean two other Hall of Famers in Kobe and Payton, can't lead the team to a few wins here and there.  3 - 8 in our last 11?!?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Those guys should be ashamed of themselves...  They're playing the most abhorrent defense in the entire league right now, Kobe looks uninterested (or just distracted), and Payton's starting to get pissed and talk $h!t in public.

Not to mention that Patty and I are going to go to the game on Friday against the Hawks.  If they continue with this shoddy play, the boo-birds (including myself) better come out!   >:(

They're not even competitive right now.  They're down 15-20 points by the second quarter almost every game now.  WTF?!?!?

Meanwhile, Sacto's quietly rolling along playing great ball, even without Webber, and the Spurs and Wolves are close behind.  Lakers sorry asses have been left in the dust at this point.  And this isn't just due to the two key injuries, 'cause they were playing BAD before Shaq and Karl went down...   ::)

I'm going to go vomit now.   :-X
« Last Edit: January 8, 2004, 01:33 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Little surprised that Mr. T-Wolve hasn't chimed in here lately, especially after the drubbing his boys laid on the Spurs in San Antonio.  The pups now have the second best record in the league behind the steamrolling Kings (who are kicking my Lakers ass as we speak)...

Unbelievable that the Lakers lost another superstar - Kobe.  Malone, Shaq, Kobe... all out of commission for a good period of time.  The scrubs had fought galiantly, and come up with W's in the last three games, but we're getting a bit of a reality check in Sacto tonight.  Things just going from bad to worse.

With the signing of Payton and Malone, most Laker fans speculated that we could easily withstand a major injury, or even two, to our key guys since we had such an impressive quartet of Hall of Famers.  Don't think anyone possibly imagined how bad it would wind up turning out this year.  Tough to watch one after another go down.  At this point, Shaq's just being a big wuss, since he was medically cleared to play several days ago, but still refuses to suit up.  Damned baby...

Dallas continues to fizzle, while some of the East's teams are finally starting to come alive - Nets, Pacers, Pistons...

Patty and I went to the Lakers game against the Hawks, where we won by 47 points - maintaining a 30+ point lead throughout the entire game.  Amazing display of ineptitude and patheticness (I know, not a word) by the Hawks.  They looked like a high school team.  But what's totally bizarre, is that after we demolished the crap out of them with only Payton and the scrubs, the Hawks turned around and kicked the crap out of the Spurs in the following game.  Go figure.  Weird place, this NBA is...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Aaaahhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm just biting my lip because like you said Matt, it counts in April/May/June not in December or January.  What I love is Sam Cassell night after night taking charge of games in the 4th Quarter and throwing daggers into the hearts of the opposition

Whose to say tomorrow night the big three don't get hurt and the season goes to hell...Wally and Kandi are almost back, Hudson is back...with the status quo, the Wolves are right there at #1 IMO...without 3 of the top 6 all year

Big thanks to the Bulls for Trenton Hassell too he's been a Defensive Stud, should be a good game tomorrow night in Wolves vs Piston, NBA Finals Preview anyone :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Aaaahhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Best record in the West baby, #1 seed here we come!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Congrats to the 'Wolves Scott, nice to see them 1st in the West...without their full roster even.  I hope this is the year they get out of the first round (or further).  K.G. is one of the best players on the planet right now, and deserves to have a better team for once.  Anyways, in other NBA News...I just saw that the 1st in their Division Nets fired coach Byron Scott today.  I guess I'm not surprised, from what we have heard in the past, but it still is funny how coaches get fired even when they are winning (of course, the Atlantic isn't exactly winners central this year, I think the Nets are 22-20 in 1st place).  Check it out here:

Nets Fire Scott
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 12:46 PM by mosnab »

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2004, 02:44 AM »
I just saw that the 1st in their Division Nets fired coach Byron Scott today.

Just what I was stopping in to point out mosnab.   ;)  Pretty bum deal Byron got there, and I can only guess it had something to do with his repoir/relationship with Jason Kidd not being too great (possibly a few of the other players too, but it sounds like Kidd spearheaded the attack).

Pretty weak.  Take your (previously horrendous) team to the NBA Finals two years in a row, and currently in first place in your division, and you still get the axe?  Damn.  That's harsh.  I really hope Byron lands somewhere else next year, and sticks it right back in the Nets ass the first chance he gets!  Horrible how some coaches get treated nowadays, especially by their own players.

Looks like San Antonio's rise was short-lived, as they've been sliding pretty badly again the last few weeks, leaving room for the T-Wolves and Mavs to start climbing the charts again, to join the Kings near the top.  All the while, the hobbled Lakers minor league team remains close behind.  Should be an interesting race later in the year when everyone's teams are healthy.  Then the real fun will begin!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2004, 04:56 PM »
NBA All-Star Game starters were announed yesterday, with reserves being announced next week (Tuesday I think?)  Here's the starting fives (unless someone is hurt):

East:
C- Ben Wallace
F- Jermaine O'Neal
F- Vince Carter
G- Tracy McGrady
G- Allen Iverson

West:
C- Yao Ming
F- Kevin Garnett
F- Tim Duncan
G- Steve Francis
G- Kobe Bryant

Here's hoping all the deserving players get reserve roles as well next week......some who I hope get to go:  Sam Cassell, Baron Davis, Michael Redd, Peja Stojakavic, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James, Brad Miller, Shaq, possibly Carmelo and Kirilenko.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2004, 04:59 PM »
I can't believe the fans finally got one right and didn't vote in the Big Lug over Yao Ming...amazing.  If he wasn't hurt then he deserves it but he's been a non factor all year

Big talk here is if KG, Cassell and Sprewell can all get in along with the coach...not sure, but they all deserve it IMO

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2004, 05:09 PM »
I definitely think Cassell should (and will) get in.  Be nice to see Spree there as well, but I just have a feeling that no one team will have three all-stars.  Who knows though, they'll probably put Payton and Shaq on and have 3 from the Lakers.  Its not like 3 all-stars from the same team hasn't happened before....I remember when I followed the Bulls so closely and Jordan, Pippen, and BJ Armstrong (!) were all named starters one year :).

Edit: Oh, I an agree about Shaq too Scott...if he played all year, I'd say he deserves it big time, but he has been hurt for awhile.  I'm sure he will still get in, and he is having a good season.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 05:10 PM by mosnab »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2004, 05:31 PM »
BIG GAME TONIGHT!!!  The Lake Show are going to make everything right with the league once again, by handing the T-Wolves their asses on a giant platter tonight!  Kobe and Shaq are both back finally, and even though they're both far from being 100% healthy, the top team in the league will still lay waste to the team with the top record...  Chew on that Snow Boy!   :-*

But on the off chance the Lakers lose tonight, I never said that!   :P

Hey, has anyone heard how the Celt's are doing this year?  Are they still in the league even?  Anyone know?  Anyone?  Anyone...   ???
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 06:10 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2004, 06:12 PM »
BIG GAME TONIGHT!!!  The Lake Show are going to make everything right with the league once again, by handing the T-Wolves their asses on a giant platter tonight!

Well, scratch that...   >:(  Just heard on the radio that Kobe sliced his finger open at home today, and is going back on the damned Injured Reserve List again...   ::)  The $h!t we're going through this year is absolutely unbelievable.  Not to mention Mailman's not coming back 'til mid-March at the earliest...   :-\

CNNSI.com story

Well, if we beat you now Snow Boy, it'll be even more embarrassing for the Pups!   :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 06:13 PM by JediMAC »