Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 85425 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2004, 08:25 PM »
Who can take a good team?/ Mess up all its flow/ Stand around and clog the middle/ So K.G. has nowhere to go?/ The Kandi Man can/ The Kandi Man can/ The Kandi Man can...

;D

Saw that on CNNSI.com, and had to share!   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2004, 10:14 PM »
Nice...the guy is an awesome Defender and Rebounder.  He's got no clue on O though, no clue at all.  Ervin "The non-HIV" Johnson actually has been starting lately if that says anything.  Kandi has a place on the court, he just shouldn't be touching the ball on O

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2004, 01:27 AM »
Shitbox, got their asses handed to them tonight :-\

#3 #4 #5 Seed here we come :'(  How can you dominate for the whole damn year and blow it in the last 10 games ???  I mean seriously

Disgusted in Saint Paul

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2004, 05:08 AM »
How can you dominate for the whole damn year and blow it in the last 10 games ???

Well, let's be honest here...  The Lakers dominated the first quarter of the year, going 18-3 before the injuries hit.  Then the T-Wolves (and Kings) dominated for the middle two quarters of the season, but have both gone into the tank over the last 15 games, with 10 to go.  So the Lakers are going to wind up dominating the last quarter of the year, just like the first.

But yeah - after the blowouts against you guys and the Queens, I think most people are thinking we're definitely the team to beat now.  Personally, I'm hoping we finish the regular season and the playoffs undefeated...   8)

So where the hell was Hudson tonight?!  Yeah, I guess his ankle was kinda tweaked, but man, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!  Garnett was way off too.  But hey, at least you guys took 3 of 4 from us - the first time your franchise ever won the season series against the Lakers.  Not bad!

Look at it this way though, if we climb to the #1 spot, and you guys hang on to #3, you guys stand a chance of actually winning two playoff rounds this year!   ;)

I'll shut up now, to let you wallow in your misery...   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2004, 11:29 AM »
Man, parts of this conversation look just like they did last year.  Sure was nice to see the Lakers go all the way last year :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2004, 03:05 AM »
You better watch yourself, you sorry ass leprechaun lover!   :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2004, 11:13 PM »
You better watch yourself, you sorry ass leprechaun lover!   :-X

Hey, I live in reality, miserable though it may be.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2004, 12:31 PM »
Can the Grizzlies get any hotter than they are???  28-5 since the All Star Break, they have a great chance to move past both the Spurs AND Wolves if they keep it up.  Only 2.5 games back of the Wolves and they still play 2 times in the last 8 games.  Big win in Houston last night, I'm so dang unhappy with this 8-8 skid.  Right at playoff time.  The thing that bothers me is the inconsistency, beat the Lakers and Spurs, lose the Nuggets and Blazers ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: April 7, 2004, 10:29 AM »
Well Well Well...Lakers lose their 2nd straight and are in danger of falling to the #4 seed!!! ;D

Kings and Wolves play tomorrow night, Lakers and Kings play Sunday.  Spurs look like they have the easiest 5 games left.  

What a great end to a great regular season!

Aaaawooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #129 on: April 7, 2004, 12:06 PM »
The Mavericks have gone 4-0 since switching their offensive philosophy to "small ball" which means Finley now plays small forward instead of 2 guard and Antoine Walker plays center. This will work for us until we have to play the Lakers. But we waxed Sacramento, Seattle, Phoenix and Cleveland since we've switched to this offense.

We are peaking right before the playoffs. We still probably won't get better than the #4 seed, but we're tied with the Grizzlies for 5th place and have the Jazz upcoming tomorrow night.

GO MAVS!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: April 7, 2004, 12:31 PM »
Well, the seasons almost over, so it must be time for me to jump on the T-Wolves bandwagon like a good MN fan is expected to do...

Go Wolves!  Hopefully they'll win enough games this year to make it out of the first round... or at least enough to have more Playoff wins then the Wild.  

T-Wolves Post-Season Record:   7-22 (7 playoff appearances)
MN Wild Post-Season Record:     8-10 (1 playoff appearance)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: April 7, 2004, 01:13 PM »
Well Well Well...Lakers lose their 2nd straight and are in danger of falling to the #4 seed!!! ;D

You shut up.   >:(

Good thing I didn't bump this a few nights ago when I was feeling rather high and mighty, riding our 11 game winning streak.   :-\  Totally uninspired ball the last couple games.  The Lakers suddenly look totally disenterested again.  Hopefully they'll kick it back into gear when the Playoffs start.  This has to be the most underachieving team in the NBA.  Some nights they just step out onto the court and go through the motions, just expecting to win since it says "Lakers" across their chest.  Nuh-uh.  Have to actually play with some heart, and play some freakin' D!   ::)

I suppose Kobe's ICE COLD shooting the last couple games hasn't helped much either.  9-26 and 5-22, or something to that effect...   :-X

It sure would be poetic justice if we fell to the # 4 seed, and then lost to Jerry West's Grizzlies in the first round...   :-[

T-Wolves, Spurs and Mavs are all picking it up again, and looking solid.  Mavs won't have enough in the defensive tank to get too far though (sorry Spider), and I think the Kings are still total head cases at this point, so it'll come down the the Lakers, Spurs, and Wolves, with the Lakers being the obvious winner.   ;)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #132 on: April 8, 2004, 02:31 AM »
Yeah, I HATE the way we play defense (as in "none at all" or "let them shoot so we can get the ball back"). Has Don Nelson EVER coached a good defensive team? I mean, he played on the Celtics that won 10 out of 12 championships or some sh*t like that, for cryin' out loud!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: April 9, 2004, 12:44 AM »
Wolves...down by 11 come back to smoke the Kings...Bwaaahaaahaaahaaaaa

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2004, 01:21 AM »
Sweetness, just watched the Wolves trounce ANOTHER west coast team tonight, then caught the end of the Phoenix/Sacto game where the Suns (how does that team with Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire have the worst record in the West???) upset the Kings...

SO..the loser of the game Sunday between the Lakers and Kings will not be the #1 seed, if the WOlves beat Utah the winner is also eliminated (since the Wolves own both tie breakers with the Lakers and Kings).  

Which means its really either the Spurs or Wolves...I think the Spurs will win out...its that last game against the Griz on the road which has me worried.  The Wolves can now be no worse than a #3...dang nabbit...#1 is huge...it means playing the Nuggets/Jazz/Blazers instead of the Griz/Mavs

Any way this ends up...these playoffs are going to be FANtastic