Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84998 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2004, 11:27 PM »
I think if the Wolves lose and Spurs win they are technically the #2 Seed, they just have to play the #6 team in Round 1 but would still have homecourt over the Kings/Lakers in Round 2

Not that it happened, since both the Wolves and Spurs posted victories tonight, but under my aforementioned scenario, the Lakers would've been the #2 seed in the first round and played the #7, but then the teams get reseeded in the second round where the Wolves would've been bumped up to the #2 seed due to their better overall record, and thus would've gotten home court advantage over the Lakers.

But it's a done deal now for you guys.  #1 throughout the Western Conference playoffs.  Congrats!  Still waiting for the Kings and Lakers outcomes.  The Lakers are off to their traditional crappy start.  Not to mention Malone just went down with another bad injury.  Wonder if he'll be back for the playoffs...   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2004, 12:19 AM »
AAAAAWOOOOOOOO

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2004, 12:30 AM »
And as I said earlier...I hope the Lakers get #2...I'd much rather have the Spurs take out the Lakers than the Wolves because the Kings are awful right now.  

Kobe hits a 3 to go to OT...Kings down by 8.  WooohoooO!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2004, 12:30 AM »
AAAAAWOOOOOOOO

;D

Oh look, a bandwagon.  Meh, at least I've been on it since around mid-season.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2004, 12:41 AM »
AAAAAWOOOOOOOO

;D

Oh look, a bandwagon.  Meh, at least I've been on it since around mid-season.
Hop on board...I'm having a lot of fun with this season.  But I've been burned enough in the last 7 years to know:

1997 Final Four Cheatin' Gophers
1998 Vikings
2000 Vikings
2002 Twins
2003 Wild
1997-2003 T-Wolves

That my heart will be broken...just not in the first round please.  They can crush the Nuggets right???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2004, 12:47 AM »
Oh yeah, but you have to know they will need to lose a final before they can win one.  Which this year means they have to lose the Western final, rather than the real final because the East sucks so bad (well??).

Would it be scary to point out that I have a Crunch hand puppet :-X

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2004, 12:49 AM »
The Rockets and Spurs won on the first try right?   We need some good karma here after 13 years of getting the shaft (and really throw out the 87 and 91 Twins and we've been cursed franchise wide forever :'()

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2004, 01:01 AM »
Did the Rockets?  I thought they lost to the Celtics first.  Maybe the Sixers?  You could be right, I'm pretty sure the Spurs did though.

Let's just not mention the V word in here, kay?  

Twinkies were fun in those years.  Real fun.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2004, 01:11 AM »
Kobe just hit another completely MIRACLE three at the buzzer to win the game by one point in double overtime, just after Damon Stoudemire danced around the court celebrating what he thought was his game winning shot a second earlier.  Kobe did this after he earlier hit an even MORE amazing three at the buzzer and end of regulation to tie the game and send it into OT, all the while he was flying sideways with Ruben Patterson in his face, and completely fouling him to boot.  Kobe got fouled on his game winner too, but neither were called.  Fortunately it didn't matter!   8)

Boy, you should be thankful Scott!  Looks like you guys might actually win TWO playoff series this year now!   ;)  Sacto stands a good chance at losing to the Mavs in the first round, and surprisingly the Grizzlies are a robust 3-1 against the Spurs this year.  Man I'd love to see both those teams fall!  Lakers vs. Wolves.  Me vs. Scott (and the rest of the Wolves' bandwagoners).  Bring it on.   :-*

But bring on Yao Ming first...   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 02:10 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2004, 01:32 AM »
I'm very happy...Kings won't make it out of Round 1, Mavs are going to eat them up...Wolves, Lakers and Spurs will all win

SPurs also have homecourt in Round 2 and are the hottest team the league right now...Bwaaahaaahaaahaaaaa

Malone's injured?  Must have forgot to take his Geritol this morning...or else Shaq ate it

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2004, 02:03 AM »
Kobe just hit another completely MIRACLE three at the buzzer to win the game in double overtime, after he hit an even MORE amazing three at the end of regulation at the buzzer and flying sideways to tie the game and send it into OT.

Boy, you should be thankful Scott!  Looks like you guys might actually win TWO playoff series this year now!   :-*

Bring on Mr. Ming!

Amazing, caught the 4th and overtimes.  Poor Blazers, well not really!

-Fish-

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2004, 09:53 AM »

hehe

On the Wolves:

I must admit that I am VERY impressed.  

A Minnesota franchise (besides the Twins) that actually WINS it's way into a #1 Playoff seed instead of limping into it (a la the Vikings)?  'Bout dang time!

Now that the playoffs are about to get rolling, I think I'll dust off the old "Pooh" jersey and hop on the bandwagon...

Bring on the Nuggets!  Then Sacto!  Then Duncan's Gang!  Woo-Hoo!

On the NBA in general:

The WEST is BEST.  

Utah goes 42-40 and missed the playoffs in the West, meanwhile, they'd be the FOURTH seed in the East  :o

Only 4 Playoff teams in the East are better than .500, 2 are at .500, and 2 are below .500!  How in the hell can you go 36-46 and STILL make the playoffs (Boston)?  What the heck?

Dang, the East sucks.  To me, that makes the T-wolves #1 seed in the West even MORE impressive.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2004, 02:30 PM »
GO NUGGETS!  I don't think we have a chance but you know I'll be rooting like hell for the upset.  
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2004, 12:28 AM »
1 down 15 to go...Wolves spank the Nuggets in game 1...let them back in though which wasn't cool...perhaps that will serve as a reminder that you can't fall asleep in the Playoffs :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Glad to see the Wolves win last night.  Cassell went off, and played a heck of a game.  And KG was, well KG...30 and 20.  I only got to see the second half because we had a hail storm here in town that knocked out half of our cable channels until around 10:30ish.  Glad to see the playoffs started, although most of the Game 1s were blowouts (with the exception of Hou/LA and Mia/New Orleans.  Spurs/Grizz and Lakes/Rockets game 2's tonight :).