Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 85626 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2004, 09:58 AM »
Well, after another night of NBA Playoff goodness, the Kings and Pistons have moved on.  Another nail-biter between the Kings and Mavs, sans defense, and the Kings pulled out a one point win.  Now its on to see if the Wolves can finish out tonight.  A lot of trash talk going on in that series from what I have seen on Sportscenter this week.  I saw this morning that Nuggets backup Francisco Elson has even called Kevin Garnett "gay" in an attempt at trash talking.  Story  Hopefully the Wolves will rise above, and move on to the next round.

In other NBA News...or Olympics news depending on how you look at it.  It looks like Team USA might have to re-draft half of their roster.  The following players are said to be thinking about sitting out:  Kevin Garnett (wedding), Vince Carter (wedding), Ray Allen (expecting a child), Karl Malone (injury problems this season), Tim Duncan (injuries), Jermaine O'Neal (security concerns) and Kobe Bryant (legal concerns).

Olympic Hoops News

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: May 1, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey...Round 2, nice to finally be here

Hope Wally comes back soon...I hope Kandi starts playing better...I hope we win the first 2 games.

NUggets are a bunch of punks...very glad to see them get Beeeotched but I am  little nervous as to the way they played :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: May 1, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Well, congrats to the Wolves fans on entering unchartered territory for the franchise.  Round 2 finally!   8)  Gonna have a tough time with Sacto, as will we with San Antonio.  Gonna be a crazy exciting second round in the West!  Mavs missed the show, and Spider's probably right - Nellie's toast.  So close on getting the series back home, but that last play just looked like crap.  Too bad Dirk couldn't extend the series on his final shot there.  Credit to the hated Kings for putting it back together after a dismal end to the regular season...

Wonder if the Heat/Hornets series will ever end?  They'll be playing well into the middle of the rest of the second round if Miami doesn't close it out in Game 6.  Indiana's gonna be extremely rusty by the time they finally return to the court...

See you all when the REAL playoffs start tomorrow!   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: May 2, 2004, 07:27 PM »
What a great game today, back and forth, Kobe looked like he was going to put a bullet between the eyes of the Spurs and lil' Tony Parker came back and led the Spurs back.  It was amazing how much the Lakers gave up

I HATE Playoff fouls though, it is absolutely totally 180 degree difference from the regular season, guards get absolutely hammered and don't get called and then 3 seconds later they get called for a reach in, its horrible and totally favors physical teams like the Lakers with Fat Daddy and the Old Fossil

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: May 3, 2004, 11:50 AM »
BTW, I would have given my left nut to be at Target Center last Friday night, even watching the last 3 minutes on TV was goosebumps for me...I cannot imagine the roar of the crowd that whole time...you lucky dog Jeff :-*

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: May 3, 2004, 03:41 PM »
BTW, I would have given my left nut to be at Target Center last Friday night, even watching the last 3 minutes on TV was goosebumps for me...I cannot imagine the roar of the crowd that whole time...you lucky dog Jeff :-*

To top it all off, it was the first NBA playoff game that I've been to see.

I have NEVER experienced the Target Center like that before.  Although, to be honest, the Wild playoff game last year vs. Colorado (game 4) was a little cooler.  

Still one of the best Wolves crowd I've ever seen.

So, I'm 1-0 with Wolves Playoff games.  Now, if I can talk my buddy with the tickets into taking me to a round two game vs. Sacto, that'd be pretty sweet too...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: May 3, 2004, 03:59 PM »
I went to a Playoff game back in 98 or 99 against Seattle...they were up 2-1 and could have closed it out that night.  The place was electric, ex-Gov Jesse repelled from the ceiling it was amazing...they then lost that night and then Game, it was their closest shot at Round 2 and they blew it...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: May 3, 2004, 04:15 PM »
While we're on the subject of T-Wolves, let's give out props to "da Kid".

KG = MVP!

It's a big year for KG, first he gets to round two, then MVP.  Granted, it might have been a closer race had Duncan not been injured and missed 15 games, but in the end KG held out with more rebounds and ppg.

It's a good time to be a Wolves fan.

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 3, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooo.  

*cough*hack*wheeze*

How'd ya like my impression of a Lakers fan? ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #189 on: May 3, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Nice!  KG is getting married too, having a good year, lets just give them the NBA Championship and Finals MVP too...OK

BTW...I'm almost hoping for the Lakers to face the Wolves next round, it would make the discussion here much more fun.  Spurs Wolves will be just fine with me though

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 3, 2004, 05:00 PM »
I agree Scott, might as well have the NBA Championship and Finals MVP to top off a terrific year :).  Big congrats to "Da Kid" on the MVP, he was very deserving and it is amazing how great he has become over the years.  I see he received 120 of 123 first place votes.  Here's the story:

KG is MVP

KEVIN GARNETT - 2003/2004 NBA MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #191 on: May 4, 2004, 05:21 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooo.  

*cough*hack*wheeze*

How'd ya like my impression of a Lakers fan? ;D

Best shut your trap old man.   >:(  Lest I send me young buddy Kevin out to see you a year early to smack your dumb Celtic fan ass around a bit!   :-*

Yeah, Lakers looked like garbage for about 2 1/2 quarters of that game.  Played well outta the gate, and a nice third quarter too, but the well oiled machine that is the Spurs took it with some much more consistent and inspired play in the end.  These guys kinda scare me (just a little).  They're awesome defensively, totally unselfish, great passers, good shooters, patient, great teamwork and communication, well coached...  Boring as hell to watch, but they get the job done.  16 in a row now for them.  Yikes.  Lakers better step it up a few notches if they want to compete, and Payton better get his stupid ass in gear.  He's absolutely sucked in the playoffs so far!

Congrats to KG on the MVP.  Totally deserving, and I'm excited he finally won the award after a couple questionable snubs in recent years.  Gonna have one helluva time against Sacto though.  Good luck!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA Playoffs!
« Reply #192 on: May 4, 2004, 10:14 PM »
Glad to see Miami finally advance.  Too bad they had to beat a Hornets team that was without it's injured star, Baron Davis, for pretty much the entire second half...   :-\

All 7 games in that series won by the home team.  Not bad!  Finally shows you that home court is definitely worth it in some cases.  That series ran for an insane 17 days!   :o

Looks like the Wolves aren't off to the best start tonight though.  Hopefully they can turn it around, but they seem to be having a tough time containing my boy Vlade, who's already got 10 points in the first quarter!   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: May 5, 2004, 09:07 AM »
I'm gonna circumvent the language filter here...$h!t, what a pisspoor performance.  Glad to see them come back but the Kings played like the Kings sans the last 12 games of the year.  Bibby was on fire, it was an amazing performance

I still have faith, Wolves are the best road team in the NBA and beat the Kings at Sacto twice this year, so its not over by any means, in fact it might just light a fire under Spree and Kandi's ass to play a little better next Saturday

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: May 5, 2004, 09:57 AM »
 :'(

I could have sworn that we had more players than just Sam C.

What happened to that "Spreewell" guy that used to play for us?  Where did he go?

Too much MVP hullabaloo before the game seemed to effect KG somehow... not quite sure what it was.  Sammy C was the man though.  Dang can he shoot the ball when he's hot.

Too bad Bibby was just as hot :(

Eh, it's only one game and as Scott pointed out the T-wolves were great on the road... at least we scored more than the Nets did (heck, Cassell almost scored as many as the Nets did).

Jeff