Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84781 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Offseason
« Reply #600 on: October 12, 2004, 01:25 PM »
Two Out Of Three People Agree...Kobe is a Punk

My respect for him just went to -100, and that's pretty low on the respect scale...

Yeah, well, try being in third spot to pick in the draft, he might be the best player available to me at that point.  Then what?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Two Out Of Three People Agree...Kobe is a Punk

My respect for him just went to -100, and that's pretty low on the respect scale...

Yeah, well, try being in third spot to pick in the draft, he might be the best player available to me at that point.  Then what?
I guess you take him :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 12, 2004, 10:31 PM »
Yeah, I can hardly wait until Matt figures it out ::)  No such luck like in football where your guy is mysteriously around for the #3 pick (Tomlinson in football, didn't happen with Duncan). 

I think I've got a better start on the thuggery than Jeff does, may steal his idea :-*  May try to run with crimes against women than general crime though.  Wonder if The Chief will come out of retirement?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 13, 2004, 09:05 AM »
CNNSI.com has an article up with a more detailed account from Phil Jackson's latest book, mainly focusing on the Kobe incidents.  Granted, this is just Phil's side of the story....but this really does show what type of person Kobe Bryant might really be.  You can check out the excerpts HERE

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA Preseason
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2004, 12:36 PM »
Uh-oh.  Might be some more trouble-a-brewin' for the Pups...

Sprewell wants extension by season opener

As for Phil Jackson, he's starting to make himself look like a jackass to an extent.  I know he's making the rounds EVERYWHERE (especially out here in L.A.) to promote his new book, but geez - give it a rest with the Kobe bashing dude.  Yeah, we get it.  You thought he was uncoachable, sabotaged your season, is a prick, etc., etc., etc...   ::)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2004, 04:40 PM »
WOW :o!

I don't believe everything I hear, but even if you take things with a grain of saly, Kobe look like a...

Born and raised in L.A. I have never been a huge Kobe supporter because he IMO lacked the class of a superstar.  ALA Walter Payton and so many sports icons.

I know most sports superstars in the NOW Generation do not, I agree.  Shaq IMO is a once in a lifetime player.  Even at the twilgiht of his career he radically changes the game.  He creates free shots and demands double and triple teams and coache's whole game plans need to be built around him.

Kobe is going to have to earn that money now!  They will be gunning for him. I will always follow the Lakers but am excited about my new team as well.

Go SUNS!

DBK

CNNSI.com has an article up with a more detailed account from Phil Jackson's latest book, mainly focusing on the Kobe incidents.  Granted, this is just Phil's side of the story....but this really does show what type of person Kobe Bryant might really be.  You can check out the excerpts HERE

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Pre-season
« Reply #606 on: November 2, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Right now, it isn't looking real good in the Spree and Wolves situation.  Although, from the Wolves' perspective, I can see why you wouldn't want to spend a ton of money on Sprewell.  He's a nice player, but obviously on the downside of his career, and overpaid for what he is anyways.  From what I've read, the Wolves were looking at giving him an extension for 9-10 million/year, which is still overpaying, but which Sprewell found "insulting".  He makes the team much better, and unless they can get another quality player, trading him would hurt the team's chances in the playoffs, but I don't care for players with this type of attitude about pay...where 10 million dollars a year is an insult.  Ridiculous.

That said, the regular season starts tonight!  A few games on the schedule, with a fuller slate tomorrow night.  Let the battles begin :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA Pre-season
« Reply #607 on: November 2, 2004, 09:39 AM »
I guess he's playing the good soldier the last two days and said he'd play out his contract

My absolute new favorite quote

"I have to feed my family"  Latrell Sprewell ($14.5 million contract this year)