Author Topic: "Bigfoot" captured in PA!  (Read 2556 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
"Bigfoot" captured in PA!
« on: October 8, 2003, 08:50 AM »
Mezco's Cryptozoology line is finally out. I snagged Bigfoot at TRU yesterday but left the Jersey Devil on the pegs. At $8.99, they're a little pricey for such small figures (3 3/4" scale maybe), but I could not resist having my very own Sasquatch.

The articulation is good, with points at the knees, hips, elbows, and double-jointed shoulders (CommTech Stormie style). No neck articulation since his "mane" is sculpted from his sideburns to his shoulders. It's just one big piece of rubbery material that allows for the shoulder articulation and hides it at the same time. My only concern is how long it will take to dry rot.

Anyone customizers who want to try a Concept Art Chewbacca or supplement their Wookiee army ranks will want to check out Bigfoot.

Now I'm on the lookout for Mothman for my Cantina cameo collection.  8)
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: "Bigfoot" captured in PA!
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Wow those are nice John, Bigfoot and Mothman have Cantina Background filler all over them.  The price does sort of seem high though for 3-3/4" figures

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2003, 09:36 AM »
Bigfoot does come with that wicked cool casting of his big... footprint.

Okay, that is pretty lame. I'm just glad they didn't make him scratch & sniph.

Maybe if these go on clearance they'll be a little more attractive.
Post sober.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I saw these at TRU. I think I will be picking these up. Use the 20% off coupon in the add.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 09:54 PM »
hehehe, I saw these too...

Funny line, but damn they're expensive.  WAY overpriced even for TRU who have turned into how KB used to be...

I want the sasquatch though, because sasquatch is fun to say and I want to say "There's a Sasquatch in my Cantina claiming to be Chewie's cousin" or something.

I'm just so shocked at the  price.  Maybe they'll clearance?  They're not selling well it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 07:24 AM »
A source of mine at TRU corporate informs me that prices have increased on some items in the boys toys section because of losses on some lines, and overstock situations on others.  They're just trying to make some of their money back by increasing prices on some of the items that sell well.

I saw these at the TRU in Times Square, and was also taken aback by the price.  Especially considering the scale.  I've also seen this line at Tower Records.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 07:25 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback