Author Topic: As expected... PEGWARMERS!  (Read 23572 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: As expected... PEGWARMERS!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 12:55 PM »
I agree with you Chris, the ARC Trooper is pretty awesome, i think it is over all the best Clone Trooper figure ever made.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 01:17 PM »
I thought I read somewhere there were hundreds of an ARC Trooper army, and they were all personally trained by Jango Fett (before his death).  

Not sure t be honest... but a few people I know that read the comics said that most that were hinted at were I think four.
Which I can believe since on the card back it mentions...

"Only a select number of ARC Troopers were bred and trained..."

But hey it's all good in how you want to do things...

As for him being the coolest CW fig... I'd say he is for now... but there is only three out (not counting Clones or deluxe).

I think that once the others hit it'll be a toss up between Asajj or Kit...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2003, 07:25 AM »
I think a part of the strategy in releasing these figures was to intentionally make them pegwarmers. As someone mentioned above, this is the only case shipping these three figures, and the line is gonna be around through Christmas. Theoretically, Hasbro wants kids to be able to buy Anakins and Yodas (while collectors keep buying ARCs) all through the holidays. If so, the stores have gotta stock up now while they're available thorugh Hasbro.

It only follows logically, then, that Wave 2 will hit in slightly smaller numbers (since some Wave 1 will still be out there) and Wave 3 will be even smaller...but by that time the entire line ought to be available on the shelves at the same time, in more or less the same quantity.

If Hasbro refuses to ship figures at 1 per case (which I think is the best stategy, but what do I know?) then I like the "four of three" waves as long as there is no spillover to later cases. Most of POTJ shipped like that, and they cleaned up well (Until the Bespin Guard wave reshipped with Training Obi and Shmi.)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Clone Wars OVERSTOCK!!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 02:04 PM »
Wal-Marts in California, are getting in tons of the Wave 2 Clone Wars figures, they are too being overstocked.
I went to about 3 different Wal-Marts and they had about 2 ARC Troopers, 2 Yodas, 1 Anakin, and about 7 Asajj Ventress, and 10 Obi-Wan, Durge, Mace Windu, there are too many of these Clone Wars figures hanging around.  And there were absoluetly no SAGA figures there at all, just CLone Wars.  I HATE IT!!!!!!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Clone Wars OVERSTOCK!!
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 08:05 PM »
I'll have to check out the local stores so I can find those new figures.  Haven't seen them in stores quite yet.  Thanks for the update.
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 08:05 PM »
Here in Indy Wal-Marts & Targets have a hell of a lot of Clone Wars Yoda, Anakin, and ARC Trooper. I have not seen the second wave of the figures yet. I hope to find them soon... if the stores can sell all the ones on the  pegs.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2003, 12:49 AM »
Whoa!  The second wave is out?  I'm actually kinda interested in the second wave of figures, particularly Assaj Ventress and Durge.  I think this wave might do alright at retail as compared to the first wave.  

Besides, as least the second wave has 4 figures in it, not 3.  So there are slightly less of each figure to go around.

:P

Offline Bosskmr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2003, 11:00 AM »
It may turn out very different than the CW Deluxe stuff, which shipped those god-forsaken DD Launchers through 2 assortments.

Make that 3 assortments!!!!

I found a full case of the one with Durge w/speeder bike in it...here's the breakdown:

2 Durge w/bike
2 Clones w/Speeder Bike
1 Jedi 3-pack
1 Droid Launcher

and ZERO Clone 3-packs >:( >:( >:(

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2003, 11:15 AM »
Yea, i agree.  But i just think the problem, is that we have to wait until they release another wave and then all those old pegwarmers will disappear.  But the only problem is with Wal-Mart is they have all the Clone Wars, but not one SAGA figure.  I hate it!!!!

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2003, 06:42 PM »
it's about time that this second wave is hitting the shelves. i've been looking all over for Asajj not realizing how they were being shipped. so now i can stop freaking out on employees that don't know anything!!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2003, 10:16 PM »
I just got back from Target and there were so many Rambo Yodas and Anakins, that if they marked them all down to $1 I think it would still take 6 months to get rid of them all.

Anyone think the value packs spoiled us silly?

::Dressel hugs his super articulated blue, white, and yellow clones::

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2003, 08:51 PM »
these things are now hanging in MASS ABUNDANCE, everywhere!   >:(

I'll definitely second that comment!  That's all we've got in my area too now.   :'(

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as this line continues.   :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2003, 12:09 PM »
I'm becoming more concerned with this after shopping for figs this weekend.  At the Target we go to (the only store around with new SW stuff), they had an abundance of figures...but almost all CW.  There were six "regular" Saga figures (repack Leia, Maul, Han, Wat Tambor, Yoda w/Chian, and Aayla Secura).  Other than that there was probably about 25-30 of the Yoda/Anakin/ARC Clone Wars wave.  Now, I can see the ARCs getting picked up (there was the fewest of these), but the Yodas and Anakins I don't think so.  I'm starting to get concerned that this will (as others have said) hurt our chances of getting new product in 2004.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 12:30 PM »
Only thing that seems to be hanging on the peg here in Baton Rouge LA. are the Anakin Skywalker figures but if things go as they have in the past the pegs will be full of Mace... God forbid Mace never sells here.  

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 2, 2003, 11:23 AM »
Targets in MA have been great for a few months, but now they're not so hot unless you're in the market for ARC Troopers, Rambo Yoda, or CW Anakin.  It's not surprising when you consider that most of us already scored these with a nifty FREE clone trooper at Wal Mart.  I'm pretty sure these three are going to need to be marked down to $2 or less to even have a shot at being sold now.  I, for one, just threw these in my custom fodder box and displayed the free clones that came with them.  But even if it were not for that, I doubt I'd have picked these up at suggested retail price.  Maybe just the ARC.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda