Author Topic: As expected... PEGWARMERS!  (Read 23570 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: As expected... PEGWARMERS!
« Reply #30 on: November 5, 2003, 10:16 AM »
Well the only place that has CW stuff hanging on the pegs is my Target.  HOWEVER, they have actually sold fairly well.  About 2 weeks ago they were full of Yodas, Anakins, and ARC Troopers.  Now there are only about 5 Anakins, 4 Yodas, and 1 badly damaged ARC Trooper packaging remaining.  The vehicles are another story but they are not any worse than film vehicles laying around.  

Wal-Mart has stayed away from getting CW in my area.  They only had the initial value packs and those are long gone.  Toys R Us just has the Launchers in my area and that's it for CW for them.  They had 3 packs for maybe a week and they are all gone.  I have not been to K-B in the past 2 weeks.    

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 04:51 PM »
Well, I'm surprised.  The last time I went shopping (and I think I posted here), I was worried because the pegs at our closest Target were jammed full of the Wave 1 Clone Wars figures.  Now, my wife and I went shopping this past weekend again (two weeks later), and almost all of those figures were gone, there was only a handful left.  Granted, there were basically no "regular" saga figures on the pegs (except for two repackaged Jangos), but I guess I was just surprised to see Anakin and Yoda (not as much the ARC) selling as well as they have.  Maybe the cartoon is generating more interest, and since the 'toon figures aren't out yet, people are settling for these instead.  Who knows, but I still just hope there isn't a glut around the time the Saga Theme waves start hitting.  I don't want to miss out on those, and Target has been the only place around here with much new for a long time.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: April 8, 2004, 04:37 AM »
Though my original post here was in reference to the regular CW line, it now (and has for a while) also applies to the Animated line too.  We've got PILES of the animated figures at every local Target, at least 50 or more at every one of 'em - along with ZERO regular Saga figures.   >:(

I'd say that about 90% of the pegwarming CW figures are Dooku and Durge, but there's still the occasional Clonetroopers and Yodas to be found here and there.  Surprisingly though, Wave 1 has pretty much completely dried up!  I don't know if they really sold out, 'cause it seemed like they were pegwarming just as badly only a month or two ago.  I wonder if they were all shipped back, or what?  They sure never went on clearance...

Regardless, I have to wonder if all this Clone Wars pegwarming crap that we've had over the past several months is the root of the problem for the Target stores passing on the regular Saga line for the most part, as I had feared long ago.

Whatchya' think?  How bad are the CW pegwarmers in your area?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 8, 2004, 07:09 AM »
Yep, animated CW are pegwarming - mostly Mace, Obi Wan from wave 1 and Dooku and Durge from 2.  Yoda and Clonetrooper are almost non existant.  I only saw the CT once and the Yoda a few times - although once I got them all, I stopped looking.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 8, 2004, 12:32 PM »
This was the case for me too until about a week ago. Animated figures took up about 10 pegs, about 10 figures deep.  Luckily, this wasnt in the way of the saga, but saga was dry anyway.  Now target has gotten some new saga in finally, have to say im pretty excited.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2004, 12:04 AM »
I think it's REALLY itneresting that the regular CW line didn't pegwarm for long.  They never even saw a sale before they were cleared from shelves here, and Wave 2 and 3 were both pretty scarce, though Wave 3 was much more abundant than 2...  Save the SA Clone who of course came and went like the wind.

Wave 2 I never saw in its entirety actually though.  Never got a basic Durge for his secondary weapons I wanted.  :(  Saw ONE Assajj thankfully and nabbed her.  Among the best of the series (Obi, ARC, Sae See, and SA Clone of course are the others I'd label as "great", as well as the Deluxe Durge).  

I was impressed, and I could stand a second series of figures and vehicles personally.

I'd take a:

-Soft goods "pilot" Assajj
-Dooku
-Gen. Grevious
-Shistavanean Wolfman Jedi
-Shaggy Jedi
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-New Mace (done more to the Cartoons duds)
-New Anakin (done more to the toon duds with removable shirt and cloak)
-SA ARC Trooper with holster, soft goods, and small blaster.
-SA Clone with shoulder RPG, and standard rifle
-Red Battledroid (with bendable knees as well as the rest of the articulation).
-Republic Trooper (just something I'd dig).
-Clone Pilot (using SA body).
-Super Battle Droid (with pivoting right arm added to the Saga sculpt).
-IG-Droid with Swoop and Lance.
-General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
-Yoda (done in Clone Wars garb).
-Padme (Snow gear)
-Capt. Typho (Snow Gear)
-Mine Droid
-Retooled Spider Droid

And for vehicles I'd take:

-Clone Starfighter with SA CLone Pilot Pack-in.
-Assajj's Fan Fighter with Pilot Assajj
-SA Clone with Speederbike (retool the bike to be smaller and sturdier, and the trooper's hip joints so he can ride it but still be useful off it)
-Obi-Wan with bike.
-Geonosian Fighter with Droid Pilot.

A long list, but this series was just that good...  I'd take some new things from it for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2004, 02:32 AM »
add the whipid jedi to your list and the other cerean jedi. i forgot BOTH their names and i'm waaaay too lazy to go took for them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2004, 01:36 PM »
The "regular" Clone Wars line is all but gone around here, and has been for awhile, except for a few vehicles here and there.  The basic figures have been gone for quite some time though.  However, I'll agree with many others, the Animated Clone Wars figures are clogging up the Targets like mad around here.  I haven't ever seen a Clonetrooper here (thanks Matt!), and have only seen Yoda on a couple of occasions.  The worst pegwarming offenders around here have been Durge, Dooku, Ventress, and Mace.

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Can't really find that many around capital distric in NY.

The least bought around here would have to be Anikin.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2004, 03:58 AM »
Now CW figures aren't pegwarmers... the animated ones are though only at Target. I'm sure we'll all be lucky to find it at regular price.   :P
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2004, 12:50 PM »
I think it's REALLY itneresting that the regular CW line didn't pegwarm for long.  They never even saw a sale before they were cleared from shelves here, and Wave 2 and 3 were both pretty scarce, though Wave 3 was much more abundant than 2...  Save the SA Clone who of course came and went like the wind.

Wave 2 I never saw in its entirety actually though.  Never got a basic Durge for his secondary weapons I wanted.  :(  Saw ONE Assajj thankfully and nabbed her.  Among the best of the series (Obi, ARC, Sae See, and SA Clone of course are the others I'd label as "great", as well as the Deluxe Durge).  

I was impressed, and I could stand a second series of figures and vehicles personally.

I'd take a:

-Dooku
-Gen. Grevious
-Shaggy Jedi
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
-Padme (Snow gear)
-Capt. Typho (Snow Gear)
-Mine Droid
-Retooled Spider Droid

-SA Clone with Speederbike (retool the bike to be smaller and sturdier, and the trooper's hip joints so he can ride it but still be useful off it)
-Obi-Wan with bike.

A long list, but this series was just that good...  I'd take some new things from it for sure.

Great list, Jesse!

I'd also like some more non-animated Clone Wars figures. I think this was the most under-utilized line of figures we've ever seen. We really should have gotten more army builders with less main characters.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2004, 01:03 PM »

I'd take a:

-Dooku
-Gen. Grevious
-Shaggy Jedi
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
-Padme (Snow gear)
-Capt. Typho (Snow Gear)
-Mine Droid
-Retooled Spider Droid

-Obi-Wan with bike.

Great list, Jesse!

I'd also like some more non-animated Clone Wars figures. I think this was the most under-utilized line of figures we've ever seen. We really should have gotten more army builders with less main characters.

Great list!

Although I am going to add in :

Shaak Ti
Aayla Secura
Darth Sidious
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 01:07 PM by Mainland05 »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2004, 05:13 PM »
well, since that wasnt an animated list, we dont need aayla secura.  i guess you could argue that we dotn need shaak ti either, but her figure was really bad so it would be ok if we got another better one.