Author Topic: College Football 2003  (Read 15182 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: College Football 2003
« Reply #45 on: January 5, 2004, 12:50 AM »
Nobody Sucked It Better
Makes Me Feel Bad For The Rest
Nobody Sucked It...Like You Sucked It
OU, You're The Best

Thanks, OCB.  Hope my "questionable language" hasn't offended any of you fellas.

White played like absolute Horse Manure, that was awful.  Sorry Virex...

Yeah, he sucked, two interceptions.  And the offensive line sucked a little bit too, way too much pressure on him.  I was thinking, in the second half, they almost should have put in their second-string QB to get some momentum going.  How crazy would that have been, to bench a Heisman winner?

Defense can't do it all, guys. . .

hey at least Texas still sucks though right???

That almost implies that there have been times where Texas hasn't sucked, which, of course, is not the case.

We'll always have 65-13.  We'll always have 65-13. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 5, 2004, 07:13 PM »
Virex,

As a hater of the Orange, you might like to hear a RUMOR that was on Sportstalk on the way home...

The UT Football staff has been released.  I mean from the TOP DOWN.  I don't know if it is true...and I guess this news would really better be in the CF 2004 forum, but oh well.

I like it when they get a new coach, it means that Tech can beat them in Austin.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 8, 2004, 04:59 PM »
Meanwhile.....we're still all waiting for our new coach, while many of the rest of you are probably laughing at us.  Football is huge here in Nebraska, since we don't have any pro sports.....you wouldn't believe how pretty much every night this week the coaching search is one of the "top stories" on all the news stations.  The latest interviewees as of yesterday....Interim Head Coach Bo Pelini, Co-Head Coach Turner Gill, and former Raiders' head man Bill Callahan.  Much of the state is pulling for Pelini, but it hasn't sounded real promising so far.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2004, 02:43 PM »
As many of you have probably seen/heard, we hired former Oakland Raiders coach Bill Callahan as the next head man of Husker football.  Although I sure didn't expect this guy to be our next coach when Solich was fired, hopefully it will be good for the team.  He is bringing in a West Coast offense, so it will be an adjustment for the Husker faithful getting used to something new.  Change can be good though.  Unfortunately, we heard today that only two of the assistants would be kept on the staff (not surprisingly), but sad to see many long time coaches (and some new) leaving the program.  Husker football is about all we have for sports around here, so we really get to know all the coaches and players pretty well.  Hopefully we can get the ship righted now, and not go through the staff changes every year.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2004, 08:56 AM »
As long as he doesn't call his football team dumb, it should probably work out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2004, 09:31 AM »
 ;)