Author Topic: RUMORS FOR 2004!!!!!!  (Read 34394 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RUMORS FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 2, 2003, 09:13 PM »
http://www.tradefederation.net/

My pal Jimmy has come up with some more scoops and looks to have taken back the reins of the Trade Federation

Anyway...looks like he's got some more possible figures...

Luke Endor
E3-P0
Cloud Car pilot
Bespin Leia
Ewok (we assume Chief Chirpa as mentioned before)
Death Star Trooper (although listed as "officer")
C3-P0 with knee articulation
Luke in robes from medical frigate

Stay tuned Rumor fans! And good luck with the site Jimmy ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: December 2, 2003, 11:44 PM »
Yeah, we've heard rumors on some of those for quite a while now, including from Galactic Hunter's Swami not too long ago, but a few of those are new to the rumor mill.  If they pan out, I'm cool with getting a Medical Frigate Luke, no matter how boring the figure might be.  It is just about his last incarnation that we've yet to receive.  The more protocol droids the better, so an E-3PO would be a welcome addition too.

I hope the Death Star Trooper turns out to be a 'definitive' version of this character.  The one that got pumped out in the POTF2 line, and the subsequent Target accessory set, wasn't too hot.  I'd love one along the lines of the new Captain Antilles, with removable helmet and loads of articulation (and a neutral stance dammit!)...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: December 3, 2003, 11:35 AM »
These lists are getting better all the time...

Luke Endor: Hopefully with a removeable helmet and soft goods poncho. It would be kick ass if he's able to hang his lightsaber handle on his belt. I'm crossing my fingers for good articulation on this. If all this stuff is removeable, we'll also have a good final duel Luke.

E3-P0: The more protocol droids the better.

Cloud Car pilot: Could this be the sign of a really cool surprise next year?

Bespin Leia: Hasbro has done a great job with all the Padme gowns, so I'm sure this will look great, finally. A nice addition to my Bespin setup.

Ewok: I'll be happy if this is Chief Chirpa, I'll be happy if it isn't. Either way its another Ewok.

Death Star Trooper: Finally! I've been waiting for a resculpt of this guy since the disco dancing POTF2 version. I'm hoping for some sweet articulation on this guy. And the removeable helmet. Hell, they could throw the POTF2 head on the POTJ Imperial Officer body and I'd be happy (not as happy as if its new, but still happy).

C3-P0 with knee articulation: "I'm sorry Captain Solo, but its against my programming to impersonate a diety." Sweeeeeet.

Luke in robes from medical frigate: One of my favorite shots from the OT. I'm hoping for a Leia to stand with him, and then this will be a centerpiece of my OT setup!

What about Bib Fortuna? Are we not getting that rumored resculpt?  ???
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 3, 2003, 11:54 AM »
I agree totally, these lists keep getting better and better.  I really hope we get to see all of these figures as well.  I've always wanted to get a good Endor Luke (as well as the rumored Han), and I hope it comes accessorized and articulated to the T.  Its always nice to see another ewok included, hopefully it is Chirpa, as has been rumored.  Also, a jointed knees 3PO would be pretty sweet.  All of these sound great, I hope that they end up being true.  Seems like a rumored "endor" wave of Han, Luke, Ewok, and maybe a Deluxe 3PO with Throne would be a good idea.  Who knows, but hopefully it turns out that way.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: December 3, 2003, 12:16 PM »
Keeping the rumor list up date

TPM
Rabe
Queen Amidala (Celebration)
Wookiee Senator Yarua

AOTC
Sly Moore
Pablo Jill
Stass Allie
Jocasta Nu
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun

ANH
Stormtrooper (Super Articulation)
General Tagge
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise
Han in Stormtrooper disguise
Death Star Trooper
Hem Dazon
Banniss Keeg
Bom Vimdin
Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal)
Elis Herlot (Givin)
R5-D4
CZ-3
Rebel Flight Tech
Grand Moff Tarkin

ESB
Meditation Chamber Vader
Bespin Dinner Vader
Cloud Car Pilot
Bespin Leia Organa
Lobot (resculpt)
E-3PO
R2-D2 Dagobah
Yoda Dagobah
Luke Skywalker Dagobah
Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate
Black Bespin Guard

ROTJ
Han Solo Endor
Luke Skywalker Endor
Ewok 2-pack with catapult
Chief Chirpa
Wicket
C-3PO Knee Articulation
General Madine
Bib Fortuna
Hermi Odle
Weequay
Imperial Dignitary #3

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 3, 2003, 01:43 PM »
very nice list.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 3, 2003, 04:40 PM »
:Drools:2004,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 3, 2003, 04:41 PM »
http://www.tradefederation.net/

My pal Jimmy has come up with some more scoops and looks to have taken back the reins of the Trade Federation

Anyway...looks like he's got some more possible figures...

Luke Endor
E3-P0
Cloud Car pilot
Bespin Leia
Ewok (we assume Chief Chirpa as mentioned before)
Death Star Trooper (although listed as "officer")
C3-P0 with knee articulation
Luke in robes from medical frigate

Stay tuned Rumor fans! And good luck with the site Jimmy ;)

It's nice to see Jimmy back in the saddle again, and with some fresh news.  However, I always get confused with which protocol droid E-3PO is.  Is it the silver one from A New Hope or the silver one from The Empire Strikes Back?

An endor Luke is certainly overdue.  Nice to see that in there.  And while I think that Medical Frigate Luke is somethign we've never seen, it does seem a little boring.  It also has the potential to bring us back to that dreaded land of too many Lukes!

Oh, and I dig the avatar Scott.  Nice to see you in the Holiday Special spirit! ;D
« Last Edit: December 3, 2003, 04:42 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: December 4, 2003, 12:34 AM »
thanks Nick...Happy Life Day...Everybody

E-3PO is the Bespin Droid "E Chuta"

The one on the "Taintive"  :P is U-3PO

They look almost identical

I have 2 extra TC-14's standing in for them now :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 4, 2003, 04:59 AM »
I think there are some VERY SLIGHT differences between the two.  The one on the Tantive IV, U-3PO has the duller finish of the two.  Also, the fabric in the droid's midsection that the wires run over is black.  On E-3PO, I think the finish might be shinier, and the midsection fabric is more of a tan or beige.  That's the way I recall it, anyway.

As for celebrating Life Day, I've got a copy of the Holiday Special.  I just don't know if I can bare to sit through it.   :P
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: December 4, 2003, 11:51 PM »
New Swami Report at GH!

Endor Wave

Han Endor
General Madine
General Calrissian
Ewok 2 Pack w/ Catapult

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: December 5, 2003, 02:28 AM »
Woo hoo on the Endor wave news...  Some much needed resculpting there.

Now, so long as Hasbro does the resculpts right, that wave should be a hot one I'd think...

My personal fave is the  Ewok 2-pack...  I REALLY hope Hasbro's considering reusing the Teebo sculpt though, with new head/hood sculpts and weapons.  I felt it was the definitive Ewok sculpt personally.  Nice, poseable, and relatively generic.

That's gonna be one hot army building deluxe set I think.

The Lando, and Han are great as well.  I wonder if soft-goods will be implemented at all in either?  Besides the cloaks/coats I'm also curious if both will have functioning holsters?  I'd personally LOVE to see the Lando have a chest holster that worked.  That'd be a neat custom fodder piece if that's t he case...  The Han, I would assume, will have a working holster...  The coat will be key to how good he is though.  Plastic's going to limit his poseability, and soft-goods will raise lots of eyebrows from those who hate the use of cloth.  I'm torn, but honestly I'd love a poseable Han with a soft-goods cloak like the vintage, so we could have Han with and without coat.

Madine's not overly interesting, but one I've really wanted to see.  Like Dodonna and Riekean, he's just not an amazing character, but he's been much needed.  I wonder what his accessories will be?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 5, 2003, 10:36 AM »
I was really happy to see that Swami report as well, I hope it all turns out to be true.  I've personally really been hoping for an Endor Han resculpt (I wasn't overly happy with the 2002 version, like many others).  I hope they do it up like Jesse James suggested....lots of articulation, working holster, soft goods coat, etc.  I'm also very happy to hear about a General Lando, another needed resculpt.  Madine and any Ewoks are always welcome as well, hopefully they use this two pack to release a couple of the vintage ones that haven't come out yet.  I'll be looking forward to (hopefully) confirmation and, in the future, pics of this wave.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #58 on: December 5, 2003, 11:04 AM »
WOO-HOOOOO!!!!

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New Endor Wave!
« Reply #59 on: December 5, 2003, 05:43 PM »
Han Endor - Blah.  OK, I guess - as long as Hasbro definitely supes him up a bit, to differentiate him from his two previous releases (3 if you count his initial pants color change).  I assume they'll attempt to go with a cloth trenchcoat this time around, which will hopefully be easily removable to re-enact the various other Endor scenes with Han.  Better articulation is an obvious must this time around as well.  I'm sure it'll be an improved likeness, and all will be happy...

General Madine - 'Bout time!  Not a a very exciting character of course, but certainly a worthy choice for plastic as a prominent secondary character, a Rebel General, a character who has speaking parts, and one of the few remaining Vintage figures not remade yet.  I'd say that's enough to convince me.  Good deal!  Bring him on!

General Calrissian - Another probable candidate for the soft goods treatment here.  Not to mention one of the consensus Top 5 figures in need of a resculpt!  Much needed, and much appreciated.  Hasbro appears to have now made ammends for both their prior Lando (and Lobot) wide stanced goofs.  3 for 3 in the resculpt department there.  With this Lando, and the Skiff Lando resculpts coming, Hasbro had no options left for him except to finally give us the Smuggler outfit Lando seen at the very end of ESB.  Make it happen Hasbro!   8)

Ewok 2 Pack w/ Catapult - Wow!  If this turns out to actually include TWO Ewoks, that'd be very cool!  I was only expecting one with the catapult.  I wonder if they'll just be generic Ewoks (in which case probably partially rehashes), or if they'll actually name them and give them the royal treatment (Chirpa, etc...)?  The Vintage catapult was cool, but hopefully Hasbro steps up and goes with an all-new mold for the catapult.  But I'll live if they don't.  I hate the Ewoks, but I'll admit that more figures of them are long overdue...  I'd still like to see one with a Glider too (aside from the Complete Galaxy release several years ago).

Question:  Shouldn't that long rumored C-3PO on Ewok throne be in this wave as well?  Hopefully he is later on down the line when it finally gets released.  I'll be a little bummed if we never get that...