Author Topic: Who's got the scoop?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Who's got the scoop?
« on: October 12, 2003, 06:35 PM »
Note from JediMAC:  In order to maintain the peace, the various posts in this thread have been split off from the MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!! thread into this separate thread, and this topic title has been adjusted accordingly...

Well...
Nice and convenient for Michael Sullenger to be "the first" to post 3/4 of a list of items that I have mentioned several times in the past.

A good majority talked about here less than a month ago (Sept 15th to be exact) in the "Future Waves" thread...

With a good majority posted about earlier this spring or when I was admin on Trade Fed last year. Although dates can not lie...

It's trivial to many I know that... though this is the reason I got out of the game. To much back stabbing, lying, and scooping of info and making it ones own...

So I wonder Michael's little swarmi's name is... could it be... Jimmy? This is not about an ego thing or the like... and no p*nis envy thing... just the fact of no respect given to the next man...

Funny thing is Mr. Sullenger has said in the past that my info is unreliable... though the track record thus far has proven him wrong... but of course his ego would just gets in the way for him to ever realize that...

And if anyone here would like to run and tell him about this thread feel free... or maybe he'll see it like he did the list of product he saw here...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 10:46 PM by JediMAC »
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 06:48 PM »
Still,I like old news,manily when its good news.

On second thought,I dislike swami(read the article)quite the bungle of sticks that guy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 06:53 PM by Dark_Count_Fatty »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 08:14 PM »
Please do,also I have spread the fack that this is old news at RS,gotta give credit where credit is due,ya know?

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 08:19 PM »
Thanks much man...

VERY much appreciated!

I'll see what else I can dig up...  ;)

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 08:28 PM »
anytime man

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 08:34 PM »
Jimmy, you're one of the good guys out there.  I know enough about Mike after seeing him hang around with SirSteve in Chicago.  He's certainly not high on my list of individuals with tremendous ammounts of integrity.

The one thing that's interesting about this list is that it fills out some of the waves.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 08:35 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 08:36 PM »
wanna PM the details to me Nicklab?Sounds interesting.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 08:42 PM »
Naahh.  There's no need to stir that pot.

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 08:44 PM »
LOL!That bad huh?

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 08:51 PM »
Thanks Nick  :)

I know some people might look at it as a pi**ing match... but it's more a matter of just respecting the fact the info was posted by someone else very early on and giving credit where it's due.

I find his journalistic qualities (or lack thereof) not of the highest standards...

I can truly believe Michael hanging w/ SS...

Like you said shows his true colors...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 08:59 PM »
God!This is killing me!

Offline Mike Sullenger

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 04:49 PM »
This post is in response to Nicklab. My apologies in advance to the Chris and the staff of Jedi Defender. I really want this issue to be put to rest, but when someone attacks my character and personal integrity, I feel it is in my right to respond in kind. Please feel free to edit or delete this post per your rules and guidelines

Nicklab, your post points out exactly what the drawbacks are of an internet based discussion board. You can post behind a veil of anonymity and feel that you can slander someone’s name at your leisure. If you criticize Galactic Hunter --- the quality or lack thereof of its content --- it is within your rights and opinion. But to slander me personally in this manner is wholly inappropriate, given the fact that the only basis you have is that I “hang around” another webmaster.

I want to make one thing clear. I’m not in this endeavor to play politics of who or whom I should or shouldn’t “hang out” with. I’m here to run a site to the best of my abilities and have fun at the same time. To attack someone’s integrity in this manner is both childish, petty, and constitutes slander. Please reconsider your post or back it up with something solid other than heresay. Otherwise, I ask that you retract it.

The bottom line is this. I spend a couple of hours a day working on the site to make sure that our readers have something to check out each and every day. I spend more money on this site than what the sponsors pay, thus I always end up at a loss. This I do because of the hobby, the community, and promoting both. Late nights taking and editing photos, posting news, and traveling across the country with added expense just to make sure the readership is informed and updated is a fool’s errand for many. But believe it or not, creating something, which people visit and enjoy on a daily basis, is a great return on this investment. From CollectStarWars, to Rebelscum, and now to Galactic Hunter, my record speaks for itself. Judge me by this, and not attack my personal integrity.

Finally, despite my differences with Jimmy, at least he has “hung out” with me in the past and knows a little about me, for good or bad. But you Nicklab, do not know me, nor I you. If you did know me, I doubt you would post such an attack.

I would appreciate you retracting that comment and get back to discussing the toys. We can, of course, take this off the forums via email if you need to clear anything up about me, the site, and your problems with us.

Michael Sullenger
Galactic Hunter
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 04:52 PM by Mike Sullenger »

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 05:40 PM »
Michael... I'll respond only because I got the ball rolling here in the first place. Also I consdier Nick a friend of mine... that put himself out for me.

First off I find quite funny that you do not tolerate the squabbling over at the GH forums... yet out come over to do the same on someone else forum. Be a man of your word and take it to email or PM's. Granted these aren't my forums... but "This community has been thriving without them and deserves better than this".
Sound familiar?

Secondly... "Slander"???  ???
That's a bit melodramatic no? I mean Mike should we call in Judge Judy?

Nick merely pointed out what he saw... IF he is wrong then I'm sure he'd be man enough to admit that... Though remember he's stating only what he saw...
I have my comment on it... though sometimes it's best not to say anything at all if you can't say anything nice...

Should I then consider you calling me "unreliable" slander? Or the fact you think I pull names out of a hat and get lucky "once in a while"... Sounds kind of hysterical no?

Though I know you'll deny that as you did already... but we know better than that Michael.

The politics thing is just laughable at this point... I know much better than that Michael. Give back that sheep his wool... because he's cold and I have no use for that wool...

YOU have to learn respect in order to earn it Mike...
THAT was my whole point regarding this...
A nod to the next man that has talked of a lot of stuff you posted won't take the spot light away from you that much... But alas it could bruise an ego... Forgive me for forgetting that much...

I guess I should just mention this is all just my opinion on it all...

Although hit page one and you'll find a bunch more info you can post when you get a chance over at GH.

Cheers Mike

« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 05:54 PM by Jimmy »

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
MORE NEW FOR 2004!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 06:18 PM »
   Mike,

My comments were mainly focused on the aforementioned Sir Steve.  Based on his actions following Toy Fair 2002 and other accounts of some dubious incidents that have made their way around the collecting community, I think I have a right to form my own opinion regarding Sir Steve.  I've made no accusations.  There are plenty of those going around, and there's no need to retread that.

Are you free to associate with whomever you want?  Certainly.  That is your choice and your right.  Just as I am free to make my own choices.  Do I have a right to make some character judgements based on the company people keep?  I think so.  Is it the wisest thing to do?  Sometimes.  Sometimes not.  I'll continue to exercise my own personal judgement.

I'll do that just as I'll continue to pursue good Star Wars toy reporting for http://www.thejawa.com for the collecting community.  In that same regard I'll continue to cite all of my sources whenever possible, and followup for the fine details.  Like getting release dates, exclusive retailer information and other details accurate as often as possible.

I'm not interested in getting into the various minutiae and disputes that go on in the collecting community.  Are you free to draw inferences from my post?  Sure.  Just as I'm free to say that yes, you operate a good site, or form any other opinion.  I'm not interested in getting into this.  That's why I declined to further comment on page one of this post.  I get the feeling you aren't interested in getting into it either.

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Who's got the scoop?
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 10:06 PM »
OK, since the fun news of future 2004 figures was getting ruined in the regular thread, I split off the more "colorful" discussion into this thread here, and since all relevant parties have gotten in their 2 cents, this discussion is now closed.  If you'd like to continue on discussing the new 2004 figures, please do so in the previous thread.  Thanks!  We apologize for the disturbance.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail or PM me about the situation.

Otherwise, please move along...   :-*

- Matt
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 10:48 PM by JediMAC »