Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 5983 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2003, 03:11 AM »
back on the topic of cool games to get for the Box, if you're a football fan at all I can't recommend ESPN Football 2k4 enough. I got Fever first, then played a buddies copy of 2k4 and returned Fever the next day for a copy of 2k4.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2003, 07:53 PM »
if you're a football fan at all I can't recommend ESPN Football 2k4 enough. I got Fever first, then played a buddies copy of 2k4 and returned Fever the next day for a copy of 2k4.

As a PS2 owner I owned Madden 2003 and NFL2K3, and I liked both of them pretty equally because they were both great games with different gameplay & features.  So, do you think ESPN Football 2K4 is a much better improvement than NFL2K3 and better than Madden 2004?
dustrho

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2003, 10:16 PM »
I traded my PS2 for an XBox. Glad I did it. I only own a few games: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds.

I actually haven't any Star Wars games for this thing.
*ducks out of thread to avoid insults and vitriol hurled in his direction*
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 05:43 AM »
I was at a local EB Games, and they have a trade in special:  trade in an old console plus 7 games, and get the X-Box for $129.99.  So, I'm going to trade in my PS-1 and some games to get an X-Box.  Not a terrible deal, IMO.  Then I can get some of the SW titles for this system!  Muhahahahahaha!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 11:04 PM »
I was at a local EB Games, and they have a trade in special:  trade in an old console plus 7 games, and get the X-Box for $129.99.  So, I'm going to trade in my PS-1 and some games to get an X-Box.  Not a terrible deal, IMO.  Then I can get some of the SW titles for this system!  Muhahahahahaha!

That is an awesome deal there Nick!  You better get KOTOR as your first game though.  I've put 10 hours into so far, and I'm very much going toward the Dark Side of the Force.  I would suggest you do the same.   8)
dustrho

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2003, 12:39 AM »
if you're a football fan at all I can't recommend ESPN Football 2k4 enough. I got Fever first, then played a buddies copy of 2k4 and returned Fever the next day for a copy of 2k4.

As a PS2 owner I owned Madden 2003 and NFL2K3, and I liked both of them pretty equally because they were both great games with different gameplay & features.  So, do you think ESPN Football 2K4 is a much better improvement than NFL2K3 and better than Madden 2004?

I've not played 2K3 so I can't offer an opinion on that, but I have played Madden 04 quite a bit and I definitely think 2K4 beats it on every level. I just have a lot more fun playing ESPN.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 7, 2003, 07:37 PM »
I'm going to start getting into Xbox Live a little bit more, and I was wondering if anybody wanted to form a JD Friend List.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #22 on: November 8, 2003, 01:51 PM »
I'd be up for that.
How shall we go about it?
Got Clones?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: November 8, 2003, 03:25 PM »
I'd be up for that.
How shall we go about it?

Easy - post your GamerTag, and the Live games that you play/own.

I'm Virex10, and have Unreal Tournament and Ghost Recon, but I'm never on.   8)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 8, 2003, 06:57 PM »
Gamertag for me is Vader. I don't add annoynmous friend requests (a bunch of people add me just for the name I think), but I'll add anyone from JD. I have both Moto GP, Unreal, Fever 2003, Inside Pitch 2003, Inside Drive, etc, etc, (a bunch of sports), Clone Wars, Tetris, and a few of the earlier games (plus the beta stuff). I don't have PGR2 yet or Crimson Skies, but I REALLY want those, and I think once I get them I'll be on live a lot again.
Got Clones?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 01:58 AM »
I'm Gamedemon531, and I have Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Island Thunder, and Tetris Worlds. I also have demos of Mech Assault and Moto GP. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2003, 11:05 PM »
Just sent you Friend Requests, JoshEEE and Virex. :)

Offline Spawn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2003, 04:04 PM »
Has anyone gotten Rainbow six? This is the best tactical  FPS game ever. It so realistic too. I would definitly recommand this game.

BTW. Halo is a must get for the x-box. ;D

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: December 4, 2003, 02:05 PM »
Been playing Crimson Skies as of late. Pretty cool, if you just want to blow stuff up. There's too many good things out right now... Tony Hawk Underground, Need for Speed Underground, Return of the King, Prince of Persia. Good year for games on the 'box.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 4, 2003, 02:13 PM »
No kidding. I don't even have time to play all the games I've bought, let alone the new ones I want.

BTW...this whole JD Gamertag sharing idea was a good one, but more people should post theirs here.  :)
Got Clones?