Author Topic: Jedi Master Points. What if?  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jedi Master Points. What if?
« on: October 23, 2003, 08:10 AM »
So what happens when these auctions are done and Hasbro keeps putting these points on the figure?  Do you think that they will eventually offer some type of mail in offer similar to the Mace Windu a few years ago?  Or are they thru with this whole promotion altogether?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Master Points. What if?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 10:55 AM »
I think they will stop for about 4 or 5 years, let people rebuild their points and then they will re-open the auctions and do the same.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline my kind of scum

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 12:02 AM »
I think one of the points of the auctions is to get rid of a lot of the points out there so that the possibility exists of doing a regular mail-in again.  Problem is, they're not offering enough auctions to really thin out the points that are out there so far.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 12:22 AM »
not to mention that the only people who are winning these auctions seem to be the people with 8,000+ points. unless you want me to spend all my points on another snoova figure.... ::)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 10:55 AM »
i agree
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 11:28 PM »
I sold all my points, so I don't care either way now.  My luck they will do a mail in offer now  though.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 11:52 PM »
well, what do you know... i actually won something with these things!!  ;D

might just be a hyperspace membership, but i swore that i wouldn't pay the $20 a year for it when i felt that it should be free... i never said i didn't want a membership, just that i wouldn't pay for it  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 12:01 AM »
not to mention that the only people who are winning these auctions seem to be the people with 8,000+ points.

I'm surprised one of our members hasn't chimed in here yet to let us know what he won with 8,010 points on Friday, that he mostly accumulated through some pretty good trades from several members here on the boards...

Fish, care to share...?   8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 12:35 PM »
not to mention that the only people who are winning these auctions seem to be the people with 8,000+ points.

I'm surprised one of our members hasn't chimed in here yet to let us know what he won with 8,010 points on Friday, that he mostly accumulated through some pretty good trades from several members here on the boards...

Fish, care to share...?   8)

With the help of some people from here, I won an auction for a Toy Fair Vader.  I just received the last of the points I need to mail off yesterday.  You won't hear me complain about the auctions.

-Fish-

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 06:51 PM »
With the help of some people from here, I won an auction for a Toy Fair Vader.  I just received the last of the points I need to mail off yesterday.  You won't hear me complain about the auctions.

Wow, congrats FishEyedLouie!  Nice score.

Yeah, I'm not so fired up over the auctions that much anymore myself.  Once the shenanigans of the first few days settled down, with all the bogus bidding, things have seemed to flow pretty smoothly since then it seems like.  Sure, there's been a few clunkers that Hasbro's put up for bid (Snoova), but for the most part, it seems like there's been some decent stuff put up for auction, and a lot of them are now ending at point totals that aren't too far out of reach for the average collector (loose collector, that is).

Of course, it's still unfortunate that others outside of the U.S. weren't able to participate, and that carded collectors are still screwed (though I think they probably would be no matter what), and that there wasn't a cool exclusive figure offered up for the points.  But all in all, I think a good number of people are starting to get their hands on some fun items for the points that they had saved up, so it's not a total loss anymore, I don't think.

So has anyone else here, aside from Fish and jokabofe, won anything in the auctions yet?  If you've completely given up on them since the nightmare of a beginning, I'd encourage you to go back and have another look, since there's some decent stuff to be had, within striking distance for most people who saved up their points.

Good luck!   8)