Author Topic: Emperor wave- tatooine luke,emp, vader  (Read 8873 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Emperor wave- tatooine luke,emp, vader
« on: July 23, 2005, 08:38 PM »
 Anybody have "Emperor wave" extras?? I only saw this wave once and an "ebayer" I unfortunately know ran off with the unopened case before I could choke the bastard. My brother saw it in his hometown store and the fool passed on it, thinking they would be there for a couple of days. So then I told him to go get it and they were all gone- then I wanted to slap him around( IMAO what star wars does for me!!!)

still need the Emperor, tatooine luke, and the vader from this wave to complete my saga collection!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor wave- tatooine luke,emp, vader
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Today My awesome Bro picked up the #30 Emperor And #31 Luke tatooine..Just need the same wave vader now

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I think this is the wave that every figure had some type of damage to the card, isn't it? Or were the Luke and Vader you were talking about repacks?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2005, 12:41 PM »
No theyre new figs....the luke and vader were repacks in the
" hall of fame ass."  This came out immed. after saga- it was a dozen or so repacks- they look exactly the same as the saga figs except there's no edition number on the side.

UPDATE: My brother found the #32 vader at a comic book store. Now that I have them this thread can be closed 

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2005, 08:12 PM »
I know the emperor was actuly pulled off the market do to a bad sculpt then repacked into the dvd 3 packs.  I got lucky and picked one up but I never did see another one again.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 9, 2005, 09:35 AM »
I know the emperor was actuly pulled off the market do to a bad sculpt then repacked into the dvd 3 packs.  I got lucky and picked one up but I never did see another one again.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no truth to that statement.  The figure was never pulled.  It was neither shortpacked or rare.  Dont overpay for this one. 

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 9, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Rebeltrader is correct. He was easy to find when he came out though collectors debated the figure; seems he was either liked or hated.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 08:30 AM »
really thats just what I had herd from other sites.  I know that piece was very hard to find here in canada and in must cases for stores he never came in at all.  Sorry if I was wrong but like I said its just info that I receaved from other places.

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Yeah, like my brother said, I just picked these all up, but if anyone reading this has an extra palpy, I'd like to have it cause the card on the one I have is beat to ****

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 07:43 PM »
thats cool so I just talked with my friend and it was hasbro canada that told him about the emperor piece after we put out his 10 cases of this wave witch none had a emperor in it.  But I do have one personly but I wanted to see where the rumor was started.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 04:20 PM »
thats cool so I just talked with my friend and it was hasbro canada that told him about the emperor piece after we put out his 10 cases of this wave witch none had a emperor in it.  But I do have one personly but I wanted to see where the rumor was started.

I don't think the Emperor ever made it to Canada at all.  There was an awful lot of those waves that were never released on trilogo cards.  Maybe some US cards slipped up here. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 11:33 PM »
true but he buys his cases from the u.s thats why I thought it was odd.  Really so far it was the only figure ever not to come to his store at all.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 11:56 AM »
This Luke was the retool of potf2 comm tech, perhaps is more difficult to find the potf2 version on stores
The emperor got many releases, dvd pack, etc, he became a good update with energy bolts for his hands
Vader from anh, still without removable helmet (a version Hasbro should have made)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 9, 2014, 12:11 AM »
I had to pass really on that one version of Emperor Palpatine, he didn't look that awesome only there.