Author Topic: Saga Purchases  (Read 68866 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Saga Purchases
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2004, 03:47 AM »
I guess that was my thought on it exactly Jared, in that his word is taken with a lot of weight behind it, yet it is a regional observation and I'd say his region is the exception on this one, and not the rule from what I hear.

Antilles is a figure I would buy another couple of if I saw them, but damned if I can't find one in my area...  And I was out last night thinking about this and I honestly didn't see many Dodonna's at all either.  I saw one on a HORRIBLY trashed card at a Target.  That's it.

At the same Target sits Hoth leftovers (mostly soldier and R-3PO) among some other 03/04 stuff, and the odd OTC remnant.  Not much.

It's like the guy who sees dozens of VOTC and says they're pegwarmers.  Maybe for him, but even the ANH wave in my area moves...  Slowly at WM's where it was overordered, but ya know I don't see many Luke's or Leia's at all anymore, and Han/Ben is dwindling.

ROTJ comes into stores (Target/TRU) by several cases at a time, and they always sell out.  I saw a LOT of Boba Fett last night though, but the sheer # of him implied to me that EVERY other figure in the case blew out of there, and he seems to be selling too. 

I don't think Star Wars has jumped in popularity all of a sudden...  The blitz surrounding the DVD's wasn't exactly awe inspiring or anything.  I just think good figures are proving that they WILL sell.  Be it $10 pricetags or not. 

And I guess trashing the Antilles figure, which ironically was an old review of mine that we just got posted, and one in which I praised the figure quite a bit (even with his few drawbacks), just happened to be an instance where it stuck out to me.  I just didn't agree with the sentiment at all.  To me, he was a figure LONG overdue and I think he's done very well at retail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2004, 07:16 PM »
He still has two up in the same auction. The big concern is the quality of the cardback. He's been using a single image group for every auction. I'll try to take a shot when mine arrives - he shipped it yesterday, apparently. I'm a lazy ebayer and didn't bother asking him beforehand.  :)

I'll see what yours looks like before I order one from him... but that's a damn good price.

SilverZ

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2004, 03:32 PM »
I'll see what yours looks like before I order one from him... but that's a damn good price.

Speak of the devil, it arrived today. It's mint.  :o Wasn't expecting that. The guy friggin' rules. I'm so happy I could pee myself.

EDIT: The pic, uploaded on aol, the world's shittiest image host:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 03:40 PM by Tydirium »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2004, 10:03 PM »
Hmmm... more and more tempting every day. Good addition to the collection Jared, and at a great price.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2004, 06:46 PM »
Awesome pick-up there Jared!  I look forward to seeing it in person so I can swap it with the ****** C-4/5 one that Scott sent me, when you're not looking!   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Minor, but since I discovered the Antilles arm swap and how it makes him a completely better figure, I am now on an Ozzel/Antilles kick and trying to scarf up what's left.

Ozzel's just as tough to find here now, so I'm having a rough go, but my lady picked up two Antilles at her local WM tonight.  Limb swap on the way, and then head swaps down the road for them.

Yay!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Jesse, do you boil and pop for your headswaps, or do you cut?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Boil/pop for everything, never cut.  It's not condusive to good figures afterwards I've found.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2004, 01:28 AM »
Not that I purchased any of them, but oddly enough, several of our local Targets got a bunch of Saga Hoth and Tatooine wave figures in today.  Weird...   ???

Bar-2s up the ying yang.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2004, 01:59 PM »
My local Target just got in a ****load of Luke and Anakin cup sets. There's got to be about twenty of each.

Still no Leia, though.  >:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2006, 09:31 PM »
I picked up a carded blonde-haired Imperial Officer and deluxe Jango w/ snap-on armor today at a toy show for $5 each.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 9, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I just got another Imperial Forces At-St driver and Tie Fighter pilot from a trade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2007, 10:22 PM »
Got 4 loose Clone Pilots in the mail.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Scored a Battle of Hoth set with my much wanted R3-A2 on ebay for $15.   ;D  He's the only one I wanted, but since he goes for $20 by himself, I figured what the hey.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I recently scored another two tie fighter pilots, one from a scummer and the other from a local shop. I should have another on the way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."