Author Topic: the Jedi Prophecy  (Read 7054 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
the Jedi Prophecy
« on: October 25, 2003, 02:35 AM »
Mace and Yoda are always talking about the prophecy. Is this documented anywhere? Does anyone know the specifics of this phophecy?
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: the Jedi Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 01:22 PM »
There is an explanation of the Chosen one it states ::this individual is prophecied by ancient Jedi legends whose origins have been lost over the millennia. The basic premise of the prophecy is that a being would be born of the Force, seemingly brought into the world simply by the presence of midi-chlorians. The Chosen One would be born to a mother who was not morally impregnated, a conception enacted by the will of the Force. This being would be incredibly connected to the Force, with a high level of skills even before training. Eventually, the prophecy proclaims that the Chosen One will bring balance to the Force throughout the galaxy. This balance, however, could only be achieved after a period in which the Dark Side of the Force grew strong.
 This was found on the unofficial encyclopedia

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 10:53 AM »
So then, why would Anakin/Vader be the Chosen One when he does not bring about balance, he attemps to overthrow the balance? He brings about Luke, but Luke is the one that ultimately stays true to the Light side and shows Vader the way there. Is the Prophecy wrong or is Vader's turning away from the Dark Side the ultimate victory and therefore Vader is the one that has the last word on whether balance comes into being?
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 02:50 PM »
I think that while Anakin does in deed bring in Luke he is still the one who ultimatly brings the balance back. Luke is more or less just an object to bring about conflict into Vaders mind and in turn allows something in Vader/ Anakins head to find a moment of truth so to speak and kill of Palppy.  Vader's and Luke's powers are great but still no match for the Emperor.  I am unsure with the Emperor being killed where the true balance would lie but.
  just a thought
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 04:57 AM »
And then the EU craps all over the prophecy in the "Dark Empire" series when the Emperor comes back as a clone.  :P

Oh, well. The prophecy and the whole "immaculate conception" aspect of TPM is lame, lame, LAME.

Oh, and Midi-Chlorians suck.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 09:03 PM »
"Whats a mini-chlorine?"

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I think that Anakin does bring about balance to the force.  He starts out as a Jedi, Becomes Vader and ultimately destroy's the Emperor who was bringing the force out of balance.

I think Luke was the catalyst that made it happen though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 01:44 AM »
Plus the fact:  If it weren't for Anakin, Luke wouldn't exist.   ;D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 12:47 PM »
"Whats a mini-chlorine?"

Kevin

I think that is a chemical level found in children's inflatable wading pools.

BUT on topic, I have always felt Ani IS the chosen one, because even though his reign as a Jedi/Sith brings an imbalance, at the same time, it is Ani's presence that brings about Luke, who ultimately does bring a balance to the Force, through the redemption of his father at the end of ROTJ.

And... has anyone ever thought of it this way.  In ROTJ, Luke's rage doesn't begin until Vader mentions a sister.  And, knowing what we now know in PT background, one can only imagine how Vader must be sympathizing with Luke during his turn back to the good side, since Ani also lost his mother.  Luke never even got to be with his mother, and that was Vader's fault.  All the more reason for Vader to realize that maybe the Dark Side wasn't the way to go. 

As far as balancing out things, isn't it Vader in the long run that finally destroys Palpy after all the awful things Palpy forced (no pun intended) him to do?
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 12:53 PM »
I think that Anakin does bring about balance to the force.  He starts out as a Jedi, Becomes Vader and ultimately destroy's the Emperor who was bringing the force out of balance.

Yes, that is it!  It's simple, I don't know why some people have a hard time understanding this. 

Heh, it's kind of the whole point of the film-redemption.  I mean some DIE-HARD fans don't even get this....sheesh.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 11:44 AM »

Yes, that is it!  It's simple, I don't know why some people have a hard time understanding this. 

Heh, it's kind of the whole point of the film-redemption.  I mean some DIE-HARD fans don't even get this....sheesh.

Always nice to act that you know it all, and others don't, innit?

All I can say is, big loads of BS!

All that we now think happens in the OT, in light of things that happen in the PT, is complete and utter crap.

Luke is not a catalyst for Vader to fullfill the prophecy in ROTJ, simply because there is no prohecy in the OT.

In the OT, Luke is the one that is being trained to become the new Jedi, to become the one to challenge Vader, to stop Vader.

In TESB, Yoda and Obi-Wan don't want Luke to go of and save his friends, because he isn't ready to kill Vader, not defeat him, but actually KILL Vader. Where's your prophecy there?

ROTJ wasn't about a true return of the Jedi order, it was about Luke becoming a Jedi, and thusly, be the first new Jedi.

Vader didn't fulfill any prophecy when he dropped the Emperor down the shaft, he wrenched himself free from the Dark Side.

There was nothing about a prophecy in the OT, which is why the OT is so much simpler. It was simply the good guys versus the bad guys. Luke needed to confront Vader, to stop him, to finish him off.

When Luke said he couldn't kill his own father, Obi-Wan thought all hope for a victory over the Empire was lost. Little did he know Vader would kill the Emperor.

But the PT has introduced lots of things that simply don't work with the OT. Be it concepts, be it plotpoints (ergo plotholes) but the 2 stories don't interconnect.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Oh dear god.  Sigh.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Oh dear god.  Sigh.

So? Your point being?

Feeling high and mighty? Condescending about one's opinion and take on the matter?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Now now...  no fighting.  It's easy to interpet the films any way, and dig into them differently from "our own point of view"...  Let's just have fun now.

Thanks guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 05:27 PM »
So then, why would Anakin/Vader be the Chosen One when he does not bring about balance, he attemps to overthrow the balance? He brings about Luke, but Luke is the one that ultimately stays true to the Light side and shows Vader the way there. Is the Prophecy wrong or is Vader's turning away from the Dark Side the ultimate victory and therefore Vader is the one that has the last word on whether balance comes into being?

Vader is the man...In the end and through and through Vader decides the galaxy's fate not palps, not luke..note-Vader decides if he'll be influenced or not. He decides what he wants to. Chokes who he wants to. Even though Luke motivates him ..still Vader decides-like was mentioned and..who made Luke? The Man(oh I meant Vader again). Shoot he decides to get a woman, break jedi rules, hunt jedi, ect...after his fun is over he needs motivation and luke(his product) provides it that's all. The prophecy mentioned" the dark rising power" yeah=Vader. and who restored balance=Vader. Just like prophecy says IMO there was a dark rise then balance restored LOL

Note: I used Vader throughout because it was shorter to tYpe then Annakin