Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 23506 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2003, 04:56 PM »
Just thought I would bump this thread up again, since it seems like everyone's interests are always changing, and plus...I'm always interested to see what everyone is collecting.  For me, its pretty much only Star Wars right now (for the most part).  I collect most of the 3 3/4" line, and I have actually gotten a few new figures within the past month.  I also collect the Unleashed line, as well as the Playskool line...if it continues any further.  Although we don't really even have enough room for my Star Wars stuff, other collections continue to call my name.  My wife isn't crazy about me picking up either line right now, but I am currently torn between MOTU and LOTR.  I kind of change my mind every week it seems.  I don't necessarily want to be a completist with either line, but I wouldn't mind having a few figures from each.  I currently only have He-Man and Sy-Klone from the MOTU line, and would really like to eventually pick up some LOTR figures (Gollum, Legolas are at the top of my list, as well as Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, Sam, etc.)  Then there gets this issue of Armies of Middle Earth or the Toy Biz figs...aahh! :)  I make these decisions more difficult than they need to be.  Anyways, just curious what everyone was collecting at this point....if any lines have fallen out of favor with you, or if you have started collecting any new lines.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2003, 02:10 AM »
I've broken myself down to two principals, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I've picked up an interest in Buffy, despite my better judgement, and found myself satisfied with my Joe collection as is. My modern MOTU is slowly but surely being traded off, thankfully.

I still buy G1 reissues and Marvel Legends, but those seem to come out rather infrequently and I don't buy everything their respective companies put out.

I guess one could say I also collect DVDs and comics, too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2003, 07:19 AM »
Besides Star Wars and Marvel Legends, two other things I collect are state quarters and golf balls.

I'm all caught up on the state quarters up to the coin released before Missouri (the current one).  My grandfather is usually pretty good about getting these when they are released and gets them in a roll and then hands them out to all his family members.  Well, for some reason, he decides to hand my wife the quarter instead of me.  I told her to keep track of it and not to lose it, blah, blah, blah.  What does she do?  Who knows, but she no longer has it.

I played a few different courses this year and noticed most of them have a golf ball with their logo on it.  Since I already had the golf ball display rack, I became obsessed with getting a ball from every course I've played.  Granted, some courses don't have balls and I suck at golf, but its fun none the least.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2004, 12:38 PM »
So its the end of the year almost...I'm in need of some east coast quarter help

I need Philadelphia Mint:

Arkansas
Michigan
Florida
Iowa
Wisconsin

I'm all caught up on my Denvers...anyone?  Dressel? :)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2004, 01:18 PM »
So its the end of the year almost...I'm in need of some east coast quarter help

I need Philadelphia Mint:

Arkansas
Michigan
Florida
Iowa
Wisconsin

I'm all caught up on my Denvers...anyone?  Dressel? :)

Scott, how many of each do you need?  Might be able to help ya out. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2004, 01:45 PM »
One of each...and welcome to the First Name Username Club!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2004, 02:27 PM »
One of each...and welcome to the First Name Username Club!

Bah, been a member for years.

If Jim can't come through, I'm sure I can help too. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Well, we're behind the times :)

If anyone need Denver coins I can look through my jars

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Besides SW, I collect old travel plates.  The ones from the 40's, 50's or whatnot from all over the United States.  If you still aren't familiar with them- the ones I collect are for the different states and they'll say the name of the state and then have drawings of different landmarks, and sometimes just little facts or whatever.
It is sort of a hand-me down collection from my maternal grandmother who has always had her's displayed.  I haven't actually inherited her's yet, but I've starting collecting some of my own. 
My dad has a huge stamp collection, and I'm an only child.  I hope that it skips a generation.
You are starting to damage my calm.

SilverZ

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2004, 11:48 PM »
My other big obsession for a long time was NES cartridges. I haven't redone inventory recently on them since a) they're sitting in the storage unit, b) I was down to a last few HTF ones, and c) have all the ROMS anyway. But, at last count I had some 590+ cartridges.

I was shooting for working cartridges of all the licensed US releases (some 650+). Boxes weren't necessary but manuals were, as was mint cartridge label (no jackass's name written on it or peeled off).

I do want to finish off the collection eventually, but I pretty much have to get all the storage containers and resort/recount what I have and start the search again.  :-\

The other side collection to the NES stuff was prototype material. I have one of the last NES rom carts we used at Virgin, and some old flash roms of stuff we never published, like Robocop Vs Terminator and New York Warriors (which have been ripped and leaked to the web anyway, so yay). I want to get ahold of some other oddball stuff along those lines once the cart collection is complete.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2004, 12:24 AM »
Hey Jared,

Ironic, but I was JUST unloading some NES boxes the other day...  We had HUNDREDS of games between my 2 brothers and I, and now basically we'd like to sell...

Do NES systems & games go for any decent $ at all?  We had the original with the robot even.  We really gotta unload these, but I'd hate to sell them for $.50 a game or something.  That'd really just hurt, thinking about all the $ put into them, ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2004, 04:36 AM »
Hey Jared,

Ironic, but I was JUST unloading some NES boxes the other day...  We had HUNDREDS of games between my 2 brothers and I, and now basically we'd like to sell...

Do NES systems & games go for any decent $ at all?  We had the original with the robot even.  We really gotta unload these, but I'd hate to sell them for $.50 a game or something.  That'd really just hurt, thinking about all the $ put into them, ya know?

Sending ya a PM. You shouldn't have a problem unloading them, but selling them individually will get you a lot better return.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2004, 07:36 PM »
I've become Toy Biz' bitch again, collecting the ML line again.
Just can't seem to learn.

The line will eat itself alive in a few series anyway, so no loss.

I'm still collecting Star Wars, Buffy, McFarlane, and if I could FIND them, LOTR.
Some places have the Shelob wave pegwarming.
The Gil-Galad/Elrond wave hasn't even hit here. It's ******* pathetic.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Dunno if I made my mark on this page yet, but:

Jurassic Park
SOME Marvel Legends
Spawn Comic Covers
Aliens Vs Predators
HO Scale Trains

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2004, 11:17 PM »
Lately I've been into the Chap Mei generic action figures. The toys can be readily found at dollar store-type outlets and clearance stores like Big Lots and possibly some flea market vendors. (Several years ago I picked up a few figures of soldiers at the flea market to use as custom fodder.) Toys R Us sells some of the military figures in-store and at one point sold rescue/emt sets. Through Amazon.com, TRU is distributing a whole bunch of Wild Quest sets. (I haven't seen these in-store).

Blah. Go to amazon and search "Wild Quest".

I picked up Thunder Thor and White Fangs from the Beast Raider theme, an obvious grab for the He-man market. Also got the saber tooth tiger from the Polar Mission sub-set.

If I don't forget, I'll post in the non-SW collectibles the links I found on the net.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 11:23 PM by Jedi Idej »