Author Topic: Jabba's Palace Wave  (Read 17931 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Palace Wave Pics!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 09:36 AM »
I am impressed with the entire wave.  I won't buy them all but they look great IMO.  I still don't see what the problem is with Luke Hologram.  It's a much better figure than I thought they would chuck at us.  I will be all over the J'Quille and Elom.  I've wanted those ever since the new line was announced and I thought they would not make them.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 10:04 AM »
I'm betting that we'll see changes to the Luke Hologram as it nears its release date. I think its going to be much lighter at least. I'm hoping they use a similar method and give us some spirit figures. This really seems like a more translucent Dagobah Vader. I'm also sure the final product won't be so shiny.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2003, 10:45 AM »
Luke Hologram, needs to be a lot more blue, it looks disgusting!! I can't even look like at the figure.  It looks like it was dipped in a glaze and that's it.  Damn it sucks!!! That by far is the worse SW figure i have ever seen!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2003, 05:16 PM »
Wow!  Really the worst figure ever?  I don't know about that but that's been the consensus here and at Rebelscum.  Oh well I don't even want it to begin with.  I am sorry everyone dislikes it so much.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 10:19 AM »
I really don't mind it. I think when its finally produced (I'm sure the coloring will be altered at least slightly) it will look different. I'd be curious to see how it looks with less light reflecting off of it and more light shining through it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 10:41 AM »
Lets hope it gets changed into a more blue color?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 11:07 AM »
I guess that's the problem with it.  It's not blue enough?  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 01:40 PM »
yea, it is not blue enough, exactly.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Perhaps a little more transparent, too? I dunno... I can't figure out what's wrong but I agree something isn't right about him. He looks too dark.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2003, 11:12 AM »
yup, he is too dark

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: November 1, 2003, 02:38 AM »
Sort of like a cola-flavored gummi candy color at the moment...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 2, 2003, 11:40 AM »
Luke Hologram:  It looks like it needs a little less color and a little more translucency.  But I have a feeling that if you can display this figure with a lightbulb behind it, it'd be stellar.  We'll find out.

Elom/J'Quille:  I noticed that this is the same figure, with a different head.  I don't really mind because as long as they are not standing right next to each other in Jabba's Palace, you won't be able to notice.  But man, they still look pretty cool.

Lando:  Bang!  Hasbro nailed it!  Even the ivory appearance of the mouth part of the helmet...

Rappertunie:  I never even noticed this thing before, but hey, it looks cool, and I dig it.

Bubo and his 2 friends:  I really want this for Bubo.  I've already got 5 B'Omarr monks from back in the internet exclusive day, I was obsessed with them after reading Tales From Jabba's Palace.  And I always wanted to toss Bib's head into one of those bowls.  

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 5, 2003, 02:37 PM »
Sweeeeeet!

Most excellent!  Skiff Lando's top notch, especially for a human character which Hasbro usually has trouble with (face).  I thought the POTF2 one was just fine, but obviously this one's even better.  Give it to me!

The Holographic Luke doesn't do much at all for me.  Not even sure if I'll buy it.  I'm sure it's just the same mold as the upcoming Jedi Luke, just with the translucent plastic.  It should definitely have a more blueish tint to it.  Not Spirit of Obi Wan blue, but still a bit more blue.  Though it's totally out of the question, I'd have liked to see it come with an R2 in the Ultra assortment, where it would look like R2 was really projecting Luke, and a much more authentically taller Luke holograph at that.

Rappertunie looks perfect.  I've been hoping for him ever since the SE's came out 6 years ago.  Just a few more band members to go now.  Come on Hasbro, I know you can do it.  Now give me some drummers!   8)

J'Quille and Elom both look good, and any aliens are always welcomed.  I can understand the body sharing being done by Hasbro here, but in a perfect world I would've liked to see each done seperately.  I believe in ROTJ one of these two is actually taller than the other by a good foot or more, so that would have been nice to see.  But I'll take them as is, over nothing at all!  Maybe I can do one of my hack customizing jobs on the taller one.   :P

Jabba still bums me out.  That Jabba Glob mold was just too small to re-use here.  Not nearly enough girth to authentically portray the ROTJ Jabba.  Nice paint job on him though, which helps.  Oh well, I'll probably just stick with the vintage version in my diorama.

Love the Bubo!  Who hasn't wanted that frog dog for about 20 years?  Nice to finally get one!  That slug thing stuck to the wall is still absolutely surprising to see included, but I'll take it.  Just give me a wall or archway to stick him to though.  B'ommar Monk is fine.  Already have a couple, but it's been a while so I'm sure many newer collectors would love to have a shot at it.

All in all, an excellent wave of figures!  2004 is going to be amazing.  Now where are the pix of the Yavin wave which Hasbro promised to show us this week?   8)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 6, 2003, 08:40 AM »
Skiff Lando is the MAN.  The sculpt on this figure carries this wave.  The Blaster that the Aliens come with is gonna look great with a Tattoine Stormtrooper too!!!

I am just stoked for the Lando though...he was one of the figures that in my opinion the Vintage Version was better than the POTF2 one.  

Now that they seem to have Lando's visage down from the ROTJ era, they can get to making a General Lando.

Plus Lando's Accessories look to scale.  Hasbro is definately improving.

I don't have any of the "Hologram" figures so I wasn't going to get him anyway.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2003, 09:57 AM »
EE has the case assortment for this wave up

2x Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise (NEW)
2x J Quille - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW)
2x Hologram Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (NEW)
2x Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW)
1x R1-G4
1x Hoth Trooper
1x Luke Skywalker - Hoth
1x Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi

3 Lukes in 1 Case!   And no Elom...he is listed in the Battle of Yavin wave case
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 09:58 AM by OCB »