Author Topic: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures  (Read 35710 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 - Animated Clone Wars Figures
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I just saw that post over at GH as well, that case assortment seems a little odd to me as well.  I guess we shouldn't be too surprised though.  I found my first (and only, so far) of this line this past weekend (Obi-Wan) and am really hoping I am able to pick up the rest of them.  I hope this case packing won't make the Yoda and Clonetrooper impossible to find.  I'm sure that they will be the hottest ones of the line.  I will say this, I really think the packaging on these figures is great...I was able to spot them from quite a ways away with the big character pictures on the bubble sides :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2004, 01:36 AM »
Ugh. Looks like Hasbro's going to Mattel's School of Casepacking there. Of course, i noticed at my local Target that Obi-Wan and Mace are quite common, and Anakin numbers the least. I hope this isn't the be-all end-all assortment, and cases that favor the Clone and Durge are in the works.

And, BTW, whose idea was it to pack a Clone at 1x per case? That's really, really dumb.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2004, 11:10 AM »
they want to make the Clone very hard for us fans to get, that is what is going through their heads, they want it to be a challenge.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 03:40 PM »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 06:27 PM »
I love the look of these more and more.  

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2004, 01:15 AM »
These are something I would have to pass on compared to buying the regular figures, but I got the first wave for free. So now i'm into these for the long haul. I'll have to say, they do look cool on display.  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2004, 02:15 PM »
I found this wave today at the Target by my job. This is what was on the pegs as of 10:00 AM today.

___ ANAKIN X 2
___ OBI-WAN X 2
___ CLONE TROOPER X 1
___ DOOKU X 2
___ DURGE X 2
___ YODA X 1

Since there were not 12 on the pegs, I must have got the remainding items from a case.

I'll post a picture tonight.

-Fish-

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2004, 04:55 PM »
Great find FishEyedLouie!  I hope that we're able to find Wave 2 around here too, I have a feeling Yoda and the Clone will be tough to come by.  Yoda was the one I have been looking forward the most since this line was announced.  Look forward to seeing your pics!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2004, 06:39 PM »
I just found them at two different Targets too, as did another JD SoCal'er (amarsella)!  Definitely hitting now.

Found this at Galactic Hunter today...

The case assortment for Clone Wars Wave 2...

-------------------------------------

850030004 Animated Figures Wave 2

852160000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ANAKIN X 2  
852170000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE OBI-WAN X 1
852180000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE CLONE TROOPER X 1
852190000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ASAJJ VENTRESS X 2
852200000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DOOKU X 2
852210000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DERGE BOUNTY HUNTER X 1
852220000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE YODA X 2
852230000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE MACE X 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on what I just saw at two different Target stores, I'm not so sure about this case breakdown - unless there's another case assortment not mentioned here...  One Target had only 1 Clone and no Yodas with a bunch of Dooku and Durge, and the second Target I found them at today had about 6-8 Durges and Clones, and about the same number, if not less, of the Dooku and Yoda.  Take that for what it's worth, but at least they seemed to be in a reasonable ratio to me this afternoon.

Cool little suckers, though my wife keeps demanding that I not collect that kiddie looking line as well...   :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Thanks for the news.  I leave for downstate Thursday and, if the snow holds off, maybe a truck or two will make it in to Michigan and leave me a surprise on the pegs!! (and I have a Target gift card just burning a hole in my pocket).

How are the card conditions on this wave?? I've read several people have a hard time finding good ones (mine from the first wave were fine but I took them directly out of the case).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 08:50 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2004, 08:22 PM »
How are the card conditions on this wave?? I've read several people have a hard time finding good ones (mine from the first wave were fine but I took them directly out of the case).

Pretty much the same as the first wave, from what I saw (which was quite a few).  I don't really check the back of the card out too much, but generally most of the front sides that I've seen were pretty nice.  The bottom left corner will have the occasional crease.  It's the bottom right corner that's so sharp and squared off that can be a little tricky to keep nice.  One wrong move, even by the cashier bagging the figures, and this delicate corner can get thrashed pretty quickly unfortunately.

I was clenching my teeth at each animated figure that I had bagged today.  Even setting them in my car made me nervous.  So the lesson is to be gentle, so as to save the sharp right corner!   8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Great find FishEyedLouie!  I hope that we're able to find Wave 2 around here too, I have a feeling Yoda and the Clone will be tough to come by.  Yoda was the one I have been looking forward the most since this line was announced.  Look forward to seeing your pics!

Click on My Collection Pic's in my signature thread, then click on My Modern Collection Album for a picture.

-Fish-

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2004, 03:04 AM »
Great to hear that these are out now.  I didn't think I'd be collecting this line, but after seeing the first wave at Target last month, I just couldn't resist their cartoony cuteness!  So, still no word on any wave 3 beyond this one though, right?  Maybe there's still a good chance of it, since the cartoon's going to be back on the tube pretty soon, and getting some more publicity.  Of course, since no rumors, news, or pix have surfaced yet, it may be doubtful.  But hopefully they'll surprise us with some more, since 8 figures for this line just aren't enough!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2004, 03:41 AM »
Must...own...oddly shaped little plastic...goofballs...

Too bad it's quite sh--ty weatherwise here, I might have gone and looked tonight.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2004, 10:05 AM »
850030004 Animated Figures Wave 2 This is not correct. I took this number to my Target this morning and the stocker told me this is the Hardware Department number.

I asked her about the Clone Wars figures and she took the old tag off the pegs. She came back about five minutes later with a case of figures.
She opened it up and inside was the following: X3 Clonetrooper, X3 Durge, X3 Count Dooku, and X3 Yoda. The Second Wave is just that, a Second Wave of all new figures. No repacks of the First Wave.

Anyways, I bought one set of the figures leaving two sets on the pegs.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com