Author Topic: New Ultra Clone shots at JD.com!  (Read 37835 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New Ultra Clone shots at JD.com!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 01:01 PM »
Yes sir!  These babies look great!  I must acquire a few dozen of them.  LOL!  I will be lucky to find one but they look really good.  Whoohooo!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 02:09 PM »
There is a case coming probably beginning of December with

3x Saesee Tiin
3x Kit Fisto
3x Clone Trooper
1x
1x
1x

The 1x are either Mace, Asajj, Obi or Durge...they will probably rotate those.

Most pre-orders from on-line stores list the case pack as:
2x Obi-Wan
1x Durge
as the last three slots.

I agree though that they should have done it differently, but I'd like to see:

2x Tiin
2x Fisto
8x Clone Trooper

I gotta have at least a DOZEN of these super-articulated Clones.

Nice, neutral, and GOOD.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 02:11 PM »
EE had 1x Mace 1x Durge 1x Obi

I'm thinking there are slight variations in the case packs...

Hint to FC...get these as 4 packs and get them soon!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 03:16 PM »
I'd take 4-packs of solid white and 4-packs of other colors too.  Like a rainbow pack. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 08:39 PM »
These look better and better. Much happiness. Hasbro, at the very least, needs to make complete clone casepacks available for retailers/online retailers to order. I'd be all over a case or two.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2003, 02:44 AM »
I think this figure is like a 10 from the waist up and a 7 from the waist down.  They look kinda meaty below the waist.  Now that I see the new pics I give the figure about 8.5-9 out of 10; whereas before I had immediately elevated it to Coleman Trebor/Ephant Mon status.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: December 7, 2003, 01:39 PM »
Just picked up a couple of these bad boys at an Oklahoma City Wal-Mart--first new Star Wars figures I've bought since January, actually.  Just now opened one up, and I haven't had a chance to really "play" with it yet, but it really is a neat little figure.  It's articulated everywhere it should be articulated, and although the cardback says it has 14 points, I consider it to have 18 points, since both the elbows and the knees have both the swivel and the "back and forth" (for lack of a better term) articulation ('course, I also refer to the POTF coins as "medallions", and not "coins").   :P

The thighs look just fine to me.

No complaints at all, here--other than that this figure kicks the crap out of the CommTech Stormtrooper.  After this, we really need to see a Stormtrooper done up in the same style, in the next year or two.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2003, 02:08 PM »
nice to see you finally got what you were looking for  ;)

welcome back to the world of collecting   :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2003, 02:11 PM »
nice to see you finally got what you were looking for  ;)

Well, thanks!

welcome back to the world of collecting   :)

Bah.  Can someone wake me up when the new Jedi Luke and Artoo hit?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2003, 05:14 PM »
I just order two of them from ohmygodcheapfiguresonline.com.  I would like to get about 15-20 of them altogether.  They look very, very cool.  But I don't need over 100 of them like I have with the Commtech Stormtrooper.

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2003, 10:22 PM »
I'm getting 10 all in all and however many other ones I can find.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #26 on: December 8, 2003, 12:48 PM »
I've already got about two platoons worth of Clones, but I'll reward Hasbro for doing such a good job and pick up 2 or 3 of these...

Definately about damn time we get stormtroopers in the same fashion.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 8, 2003, 03:30 PM »
Looking at the various pictures of this super articulated clone online, and today reading the review posted over at GH, this figure really looks amazing.  The combination of likeness and articulation has to make this one of the best Star Wars figures ever made.  It can be a neutral figure, but at the same time is capable of a number of poses.  Plus, it sounds like it has all the articulation necessary (let's face it, we're probably not getting articulated fingers, toes, etc. like the Marvel Legends figures...at this scale).  It would be nice if all Star Wars figures could be made in this fashion, particularly the main characters and army builders.  It might be a little more difficult to hide the articulation as well on figures like Han, Luke, Vader, etc....but it would be nice.  Hopefully we can at least get a Stormtrooper done in this fashion...and while they're at it, they might as well use that body to make a new Stormtrooper Han and Luke :).

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: December 8, 2003, 08:43 PM »
I just cracked mine open (3 came in the case I got from EE).

Oh. My. God.

This is the best Star Wars figure Hasbro has done this year. Or perhaps in any year. It's as if, after years of us complaining, on every board, that there should be one, comprehensive, super-articulated army-builder figure, Hasbro took all those comments and summed them up in one answer. This figure kicks serious ass.

As soon as I can find my USB cable for my camera, I'll load a couple of my poses. There's a million different poses for these guys. Best of all, it looks like they can be posed neutral with the rifle vertical against the shoulder at attention, like the bootleg clones.

We're going to need cases and cases of these things, guys. I'm so happy! :D Congrats, Hasbro. Now please do the exact same design for the Stormies and Bikers Scouts, and we'll be in heaven.

(I now forgive Hasbro for Saga R2 on a string, the most wretched turd ever put into plastic).

J

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #29 on: December 8, 2003, 10:11 PM »
I definitely want to get a bunch of these figures.  I haven't seen any in stores by me yet, but I'm always looking for them.  Glad to hear you got them, and thanks for sharing the excitement with us.
dustrho