Author Topic: What's spinning?  (Read 264839 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: What's spinning?
« Reply #105 on: December 4, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Now playing: "Sleepwalk", by Santo & Johnny, which I've loved ever since I saw La Bamba.

What a gorgeously sad song.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #106 on: December 5, 2003, 11:32 AM »
Here in a sec:

Radiohead, Atlanta, 10/6/03
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 5, 2003, 06:23 PM »
Cake, Comfort Eagle

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 6, 2003, 11:11 PM »
right now i'm listening to... sarah mclachlan?? yep, one of my dirty little secrets... i'm a closet sarah mclachlan fan. what can i say? :-[

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #109 on: December 6, 2003, 11:42 PM »
right now i'm listening to... sarah mclachlan?? yep, one of my dirty little secrets... i'm a closet sarah mclachlan fan. what can i say? :-[

Careful, there--you might get the wittier Hatebreed-listeners of the world to refer to her as "Sarah McLesbian" in an attempt to cheese you off. . .

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 6, 2003, 11:45 PM »
well, let them try. it's one of the "lighter" artists i listen to, and usually only when i'm in a certain mood. most of the time my audio entertainment comes from the likes of napalm death, dying fetus, blood duster, morbid angel, and the aforementioned hatebreed. so a bunch of 12 year olds with baseball caps on backwards don't really scare me, if you know what i mean...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #111 on: December 6, 2003, 11:59 PM »
Well, my comment was more of an inside reference to someone than anything else, but I'll definitely agree with you and add that people aren't defined by the music they listen to (yes, that even goes for you, Pearl Jam Fanboy).  I'm of the belief that the more varied your tastes, the better you're off. . .

As for me, I'm listening to the post-game interview for Oklahoma.   :-[

Great game tonight, KSU. . .
« Last Edit: December 7, 2003, 12:01 AM by Virex »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 7, 2003, 12:05 AM »
I'm of the belief that the more varied your tastes, the better you're off. . .

well, than i must be about the best off person you're ever likely to find... hmmm, the best-off person just doesn't sound quite right, does it?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: December 7, 2003, 12:08 AM »
well, than i must be about the best off person you're ever likely to find... hmmm, the best-off person just doesn't sound quite right, does it?

I say, as long as Gregg still has a heartbeat, then nobody should be throwing the "best-off" phrase around, but that's just me. . .

We all pale in comparison to the Wonder from Down Under. . .

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #114 on: December 7, 2003, 12:30 AM »

Careful, there--you might get the wittier Hatebreed-listeners of the world to refer to her as "Sarah McLesbian" in an attempt to cheese you off. . .

Never before has someone sound so melodic, even with such sharp, pubescent, voice cracks.

Honestly, I am quite a fan of the "Lilith Fair" artists, just not their clientele.

As for whats spinning, Pete Yorn - Just Another Girl.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2003, 12:31 AM by Cory H. »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #115 on: December 7, 2003, 12:44 AM »
Never before has someone sound so melodic, even with such sharp, pubescent, voice cracks.

Honestly, I am quite a fan of the "Lilith Fair" artists, just not their clientele.

As for whats spinning, Pete Yorn - Just Another Girl.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 7, 2003, 03:13 PM »

quite possibly my favorite album of 2k3... and some awesome cover art too!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 7, 2003, 04:31 PM »

quite possibly my favorite album of 2k3... and some awesome cover art too!!

How good is this?  I've seen a video from this, and I know some of the story off the singer...a quick review if you could please?

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 7, 2003, 05:50 PM »
hmmm, a quick review... take the best punk band you know and add a little pissed off courtney love, but only the part of courtney that sings, not the part that gets drunk and takes her clothes off and falls down and stuff. if you're into punk, this is a must buy. or at least a must download... ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 7, 2003, 08:47 PM »
I bought it and listened to it already.  Awesome album!  I know the singer is Tim Armstrong of Rancid's ex-wife, and it sounds like she's letting out the pain of their breakup on this disc.  Simply, it ROCKS!

Feedback