Author Topic: What are the "last 17" figures?  (Read 7259 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What are the "last 17" figures?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2003, 12:22 AM »
that's a nice lot to win... if only i had an extra $500 lying around the house... damn rent  >:(

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2003, 12:25 AM »
Nice auction, but man was it difficult to follow the description.

I don't have money like that to spend all at one time.  Regarding spending time with the kid and missing the auction...

Glad to hear you were doing something positive with your child, there will be plenty of Anaking at that price.  I recall seeing one from a Tony the Toy Man end at $7.99 with no bidder.

BTW, I just got back from meeting Colman and your White Clones have been delivered.  Enjoy and thanks for the JMP's.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 12:26 AM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2003, 12:29 AM »
that's a nice lot to win... if only i had an extra $500 lying around the house... damn rent  >:(

Interesting avatar...

I'm a niner fan.  If my memory serves me well, we will be meeting for the last game of the season at 3 Com.  Let's hope it's worth something and you have not wrapped up the division.

-Fish-  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2003, 12:33 AM »
no offense, but i hope we have... but i don't have a lot of faith after the last 2 weeks. it just seems like the 'hawks remembered who they really are, and that they didn't deserve to be 6-2... so now they are 6-3, and slowly slipping away i fear.  :'(

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2003, 12:43 AM »
No offense taken.  Your not a big rival...yet ;D

Now if you were a Cowboys fan it would be a whole different story!  BTW, are the Action Fleet you have loose or carded?  

-Fish-

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2003, 01:00 AM »
action fleet from my trade list are all mib, if that's what you're referring to. if it's not, then i'm lost  ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2003, 10:10 AM »
A nice way to get them all in one shot providing you have that amount of coin around! Though the Han Stormtrooper should be a freebie!  ;D

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2003, 12:16 PM »
Here's a wrench or 2 to throw into the works...

1. I know that POTF is the last 'movie related' vintage release, but do we or do we not include the Ewoks and Droids figures in the grand picture of things? If so, they would be the final figures I assume, but again, they are not movie related.

2. Is a complete POTF figure considered complete without the coin? I would almost say not, but it is not a necessary accessory to the figure. It's like the Freeze Frames or COMMTechs I guess. I am sure if I had the dough, that I would try for the coins as well because they are cool and would set this series of figures apart from others if displayed with the coins.

"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2003, 12:27 PM »
I consider the coins to be part of the complete fig.  I view anything that is packaged on the card as completeing the figure as originally offered in retail.   I will buy potf figs without coins in a heart beat if the price is right.  But in the end I guess its up to each collector to decide how complete they want.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Is a complete POTF figure considered complete without the coin?

Depends on the collector. He may collect loose but may not want the coins but then again, he may want them. A carded collector, well, no choice!  ;D  

As for myself, I have a loose collection with some coins & some carded. I picked up a few coins but not all. In time I may but no rush. The hardest was the Yak Face coin. Glad I got him!  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2003, 02:18 PM »
1. I know that POTF is the last 'movie related' vintage release, but do we or do we not include the Ewoks and Droids figures in the grand picture of things? If so, they would be the final figures I assume, but again, they are not movie related.

Some people include them, but I'd say that most people don't.  I'm as "completist" as they come, and I don't consider the Droids or Ewoks lines to be a part of the standard Vintage line, and have no plans of collecting them whatsoever.  That's why I hate that Vintage figure poster issued by the Fan Club a few years back - it includes these cartoon figures as a part of the "Vintage whole".

I'd say that collectors who do include them, probably do so because they're completists of the Vintage "era", and not necessarily because they're part of the Vintage line of figures.  They're obviously a very seperate and unique line, and don't go with the standard line at all.  Same can probably be said for the upcoming "Animated" Clone Wars figures.  Many people won't collect them, since they're "different" and not part of the regular line.  To each their own really, as it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I'll never pick the Droids and Ewoks up, and won't think twice about it despite my completist tendencies and OCD...   ;)  BUT, and this is where it can get a little tricky...  I do consider the vehicles from these lines to be a part of the standard modern collection.  Go figure.  Yeah, hypocritical, I know.  But an A-Wing is an A-wing, and just 'cause Kenner was too lazy to issue it in the regular line, but fortunately squeezed it out in the Droids line, it's a necessary Vintage ship to acquire, without a doubt!  Even the Droids Side Gunner and ATL Interceptor are "EU" ships that I think go right alongside the rest of the mini-rigs from the regular line.  So ships - yes.  Figures - no.

2. Is a complete POTF figure considered complete without the coin? I would almost say not, but it is not a necessary accessory to the figure. It's like the Freeze Frames or COMMTechs I guess. I am sure if I had the dough, that I would try for the coins as well because they are cool and would set this series of figures apart from others if displayed with the coins.

Again, it's all in the eye of the beholder, but I'd fashion a guess that most casual Vintage collectors would not consider the coin as a necessary item to make the figure complete.  I sure don't.  Most people consider the figure to be complete if it comes with all of its "accessories" with which to use with the figure.  Obviously the figure can't "use" the coin (unless you're really imaginative).  The vast majority of vintage POTF figures being desribed as "loose and complete" would usually just be the accessories, and not the coin.

That's not to say there's not folks out there like Wayne, who DO consider the coin to be a part of a "complete" loose figure.  But I'd probably label most of those folks as more than just a "casual" vintage collector - really just a personal preference.  But if you want to label your loose Vintage figure collection "complete", but don't have the coins (or Ewoks and Droids figures), not too many people are going to dispute you.  Otherwise, the OCD completist in me would be running out and acquiring those items as well, 'cause my collection(s) MUST at all times be totally complete or I go inveritably insane!  Considering that doesn't seem to be the case with my mental well being as of right now, I'd therefore personally conclude that the coins, Ewoks, and Droids aren't part of the "complete" Vintage set...   :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 02:20 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2004, 11:02 PM »
Some nice carded auctions of last 17 up this week on ebay.  Won't be me bidding, but interesting to watch them.

clicky here please
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.