Author Topic: Timegap Between EpIII and EpIV  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Timegap Between EpIII and EpIV
« on: November 4, 2003, 09:56 PM »
The time gap between EpIII and EpIV is a lot to stomach and it sort of leaves you hanging wondering WTF is going on in the Galaxy the whole time based on the most recent spoiler reports.

Enter EU and the ever $$$ generating enterprise of LFL limited.

Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi searching for Yoda and Obi (unless they are presumed dead)
How did the Rebellion get started and grow?
Who recruited Dodonna, Rieekan etc
What were Bail, Obi and Yoda doing for 20 years
Stories of the Death Star Construction
Tales of 3PO and R2
The final fate of Jar Jar and the Gungans
Chewbacca finding Han Solo and a whole bunch of Wookiee fiction...are they really slaves? Is Solo an Imperial
Boba Fett growing up
Tales of Luke and Leia's Childhood

There seem to be a lot of loose threads and a big leap of faith, sorta makes you wish there was an Episode 3.5

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Timegap Between EpIII and EpIV
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2003, 10:22 AM »
I THOUGHT I read somewhere that the Cartoon Network was discussing a Han Solo/Chewbacca series.  I don't know if it's far along or that was just brought up in a meeting or what?  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2003, 11:03 AM »
Yea, i heard that to, the Han Solo/Chewbacca series.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2003, 04:22 PM »
If they make a Han/Chewy series I wonder what the focus would be?  Just them on their smuggling missions I'd assume.  It would be nice to have some characters in the stories someway.  I'd assume Jabba and Fett would be around.  Probably Vader being referred to or maybe even seen?  I dunno.  

Offline Darth_BullGates

• Youngling
  • All too easy.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2004, 09:33 PM »
There does seem so much for Lucas to just end it here or leave it to EU books. Bobba Fett fans alone ought to warrant more work.
Commander, tear this board apart until you find those Hyperspace pics, and bring me the poster I want them alive!!!!

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 02:49 PM »
I THOUGHT I read somewhere that the Cartoon Network was discussing a Han Solo/Chewbacca series.  I don't know if it's far along or that was just brought up in a meeting or what?  

Replace the Millennium Falcon with a big-rig and this tv series already aired back in the late 70s... ;)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 06:59 PM »
I heard about more cartoons series if the Clone Wars did good so hopefully more will be made.  I hope somehow we get to see, either by reading or watching it, what happens in that 20 year gap.  It would be nice if a cartoon would be made that takes place right after Ep3 and ends with the Tentative 4 being chased by the SD as seen in Ep4.

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 07:12 AM »
 20 - 20 some odd years after EPIII. I did have the time line from a cool S.W. mag. It's not published anymore. Sorry but i can't remember it.   >:(
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Wace Mindu

• Youngling
  • Knows too much!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 04:23 PM »
I hear there's going to be  a tv series to cover those years.

Along with a Darth Maul spolo project.
Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 04:24 PM »
SW: The EU Years

Twenty years pass from the time Anakin Skywalker turns to the darkside and becomes the Emperors’ right hand man Darth Vader. His children – Luke and Leia – are born in secret while his wife Padme Amidala disappears into hiding.
Luke and Leia grow up as destiny shapes their future. Leia grows up in the House of Alderaan with her adoptive father Bail Organna; together they secretly build the foundation for a rebellion against the galactic empire.
Luke grows up in relative obscurity on the remote world of Tatooine with his aunt and uncle. He is stronger in the Force of the two twin children of Anakin Skywalker and must be kept hidden.
The Jedi are wiped out of existence at the hand of Vader and his minions save for two Jedi – Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi; they are the last of the Jedi. Yoda takes refuge on a world cloaked in the darkside power of the Force called Dagobah. Ben ‘Obi-Wan’ Kenobi, meanwhile sets up residence on Tatooine to keep a watchful eye over the son of Skywalker.
Destiny brings them together in a daring attempt to restore freedom to the galaxy and overthrow the galactic empire.

Periods Of Interest

Rebellions’ Dawn: Princess Leia, along with the ruling house of Alderaan lay the foundation for the rebellion in secret.
On the Brink of Darkness: Jedi Master Yoda lives in self-exile on the mysterious world filled by the power of the darkside, hidden from the prying eyes of his enemies.
Dirt, Sweat and Carbon Scoring: Life on Tatooine for young Luke Skywalker is filled with hard work, long days and an empty feeling that there is something more out there for him in the galaxy.
The Empire Rules: Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine rule the galaxy with fear and a strong hand.

{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Wace Mindu

• Youngling
  • Knows too much!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 06:00 AM »
Here's some news from aintitcool...

Yep, been a long time since my last report. But I like to save up. So it's time to cash out. Yep, there is a Star Wars TV show on the way. Yep, it takes place between Episode 3 and 4. Yep, the character and story arcs are starting to come together. Hehe... fanboys are gonna love this! Playing one of the series' villans we love to hate is none other than... wait for it... Boba Fett! Expect young Boba (but not nearly as young as in Ep. 2) to feature in the series significantly. And you wondered why Lucas spent so much time focusing on that kid in Attack of the Clones and made sure that you knew that he knew that the Jedi/Republic was responsible for his Dad's death. Now you know.

These rumours have been floating around for sometime, as mentioned above, I mean this comes from Aintitcool, but this could be brilliant.

Has anyone else heard this?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:01 AM by Wace Mindu »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Read that yesterday too.  I'd rather see a TV series starring Vader myself but that's just me.  I'm picturing this will be chock filled with OT and PT balogna (like the Wampa Cafe and the Tauntaun Burgers they serve ::)) But it might also be cool...there is a ton of stuff to cover here and I'm kind of interested to see what it will be

Offline Wace Mindu

• Youngling
  • Knows too much!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 08:39 AM »
This could be really cool, I agree, but it also has the potentual to be complete rubbish, lets hope the right people get invoved.

Along with a Vader story I'd like to keep tabs on OB1 and see the beginning of the Solo/Chewie relationship.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 6, 2004, 08:13 PM »

Replace the Millennium Falcon with a big-rig and this tv series already aired back in the late 70s... ;)

To quote Brodie Bruce " Why can't they remak good shows like BJ and the Bear, now there's a concept i can't get enough of a man and his monkey"
That was the first thing that hit me when i saw that pic.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 10:27 AM »
The time gap between EpIII and EpIV is a lot to stomach and it sort of leaves you hanging wondering WTF is going on in the Galaxy the whole time based on the most recent spoiler reports.

Enter EU and the ever $$$ generating enterprise of LFL limited.

Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi searching for Yoda and Obi (unless they are presumed dead)
How did the Rebellion get started and grow?
Who recruited Dodonna, Rieekan etc
What were Bail, Obi and Yoda doing for 20 years
Stories of the Death Star Construction
Tales of 3PO and R2
The final fate of Jar Jar and the Gungans
Chewbacca finding Han Solo and a whole bunch of Wookiee fiction...are they really slaves? Is Solo an Imperial
Boba Fett growing up
Tales of Luke and Leia's Childhood

There seem to be a lot of loose threads and a big leap of faith, sorta makes you wish there was an Episode 3.5

Just reading through this thread again and the idea of a Boba Fett TV show makes some sense I guess but so does having a series revolving around some Jedi survivors being hunted down by Vader and crew...I read in the Insider that GL has sort of mapped out the timeframe for EU guys to go nuts with, it'll be interesting to see what happens