Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51683 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #15 on: November 8, 2003, 05:02 AM »
I loved it...  start to finish, it was great.  

I'd say it was the best 5 minutes of my life, but I'd be lying...  :)  (Insert perverted jokes here by the way)

I thought all the voices were well done, even Palpatines which had the rather complex "regal" quality to it that's not easy to find someone able to mimic that.  

If anything, I thought Palpatine's animated character looked emaciated and wafer thin which was odd since the actual human character is old, but doesn't look THAT bad.  I mean, did you see his arms?

Anyway, small tiff in an otherwise great 5 minute cartoon.  I honestly was hoping for more, and anticipating the next 5 minute cartoon...  Of course, that sounds lame, but I liked this that much.

Come on!

-Clones with black ponchos in a firefight during a thunderstom?  Woohoo!

-Republic Fighters Taking off and a glimpse at a non-clone Republic military personnel?  Oh yeah!

-Yoda riding headlong into battle and whippin' butt?  Show me more!

-All the other Jedi shown slicing battledroids up like they were deli meat?  YES!

-Anakin messin' with 3PO by force throwing his cloak on him?...  That was actually more amusing than most the humor seen in both prequals so far.  Kinda made him out to be a bullie/snot.

-Palpatine being a uberjerk in his office while Anakin snidely watched on?  Great!

-The Jedi Fighters giving a little ground support to the Republic forces by droping explosives?  I now want MORE Jedi Fighters cuz of that (The other squad colors helped).

Overall I think that was a neat little cartoon...  I'd take a full-length one honestly.  :)  I wonder what the ratings were for that tiny 5 minute window they had there?  I loved that toon though.  Very fun...  And I agree with anyone who thinks that THAT felt more like Star Wars than the last couple movies have.

The Anakin/Padme moment was even great...  I mean, it actually LOOKED more emotional than the two living actors have done.  That's great, and yet so sad at the same time.

I just wish I could've watched more...  And that my damn tape worked and I'd be able to watch it a little more closely over and over. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #16 on: November 8, 2003, 11:41 AM »
The total running time was about 4 minutes, with one minute of introduction.

As far as trying to figure out why these cartoons are limited to only 3-5 minutes per week, I think I have an idea why they're doing it this way.  The artists are probably thinking people will either love it or hate, and only doing 5 minute blocks will cost much less than spending money on a 30-minute or 60-minute block.  I think of them testing out the show, to get a feel for what everyone's reactions will be.  If it turns out to be a huge success, then maybe they'll make the episodes a little bit longer (preferrably 30 minutes).  And maybe this could be the real future for Star Wars movies after EPIII is done & over with.  It's just an idea.
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 8, 2003, 01:51 PM »
I loved it.  The whole thing was fantastic.  Of course, this can only mean I have to retract my earlier statement that I won't be buying the cartoon character figures.  ;D
I wish my nephews could have seen it but my sister-in-law wouldn't let them watch it so Auntie Beth will be buying TWO dvd's when it comes out  ;).
Beth

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 10:58 AM »
Yes, i loved the cartoon, it was excellent :D, I had a huge smile on my face the whole, time.  And Padme WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! She was sexy, amazing!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 02:33 PM »
I liked what I saw from Friday night.  My fiance was really bugged about the way the characters were drawn.  She really did not like the way Palpatine and Padme were drawn.  Me though, I did not mind it at all.  But then I knew what they were going to look like for months now.  

Heck I actually liked the way Anakin's JediStarfighter like.  Anyway, I am certainly interested in this.  It will be difficult if not impossible for me to see these in the next week or two.  

When does the DVD come out???

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01 PM »
Different! I like it though.
Can't wait to see tonight's episode.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 08:07 PM »
What a cool cartoon.  My new tv fix.  :D
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 08:16 PM »
Nice action filled episode tonight.  And a cool cliffhanger, too!  I'm only guessing here, but I think it might have been Durge with that ARC Trooper in his cross-hairs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 09:26 PM »
Good stuff tonight...I wasn't too hip on the reuse of Music and Sound Effects from the OT in Chapter 1.  TOnight was better, tons of Ships, some good action.  I was thinking this was just the Battle of Geonosis Part II however.  Eh...I'm hooked for now :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 09:34 PM »
Tonight's episode was great!  It seemed longer than the one on Friday, but I know it was the same length.  It was packed with action... that's exactly what we need to see.  And I loved it when those ARC Troopers and Clone Troopers popped out of that crashed Republic Gunship... very cool.
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 10:13 PM »
i'm gonna stick with my previous comments... i think i'm seriously going to avoid watching this until it comes out on dvd. it just seems that in the first two episodes, just as i start getting into it, it's over. now, hopefully, on the dvd they won't make it so that each episode starts and ends with the credits and logo and all, and just make it a conitinuous 30 minutes or so. otherwise, i'll just be in the same boat  >:(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 10:15 PM »
it just seems that in the first two episodes, just as i start getting into it, it's over.

That's what keeps us coming back for more!   ;)
dustrho

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 11:25 PM »
Yes, it was very cool when they all jumped out, !
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2003, 09:52 AM »
I'm really impressed with this cartoon, and definitely hooked right now.  Its nice to have some new Star Wars to look forward to watching every week day.  Although the episodes are only 3-ish minutes long, they definitely do a good job getting a lot packed into those minutes.  And, at least for me, they really leave me wanting more and looking forward to the next day right away again.  I hope they at least explore the option of a 30 minute show when this micro-series is done with, I think they are doing a great job so far though :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2003, 02:27 PM »
I've been watching this on cartoonnetwork.com, and loving every minute of it. Can't wait to add the animated figures to my collection now!!

I found Anakin's Starfighter at Target last night, and if I hadn't seen the cartoon, I wouldn't want it. But now... ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk